main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Roch, NY The Celebration IV Thread - Los Angeles - May 24th-28th 2007

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Doc_Bev, Dec 3, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Doc_Bev

Doc_Bev Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 28, 2003
    It's never too early to start thinking about saving up for this con especially with the latest rumor I was just reading over on the FanForce Celebration board's CIV thread.

Newest rumors are that CIV will be in Spring of 2007, but not in Indianapolis again. In its place are two cities: Dallas and another city unknown at this time.

I'd still go if it were in Dallas, but that's going to make Dragon*Con 2007 all the more difficult to swing. I'm hoping for it to be a bit closer so we don't have two big trips/cons in 2007 like we did this year. [face_money_eyes]

If you think about it - it's less than a year and a 1/2 away. If enough people are interested we should start thinking up some CIV fundraisers. I know a few other FanForces did this before CIII to help more members be able to afford to attend.

~Doc_Bev

2. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    For those that didn't notice this article on theforce.net. It's another mention that CIV will not be in Indy. The latest rumors I've heard are that it will be in California. :( Not that I dislike CA, we went to Pomona for a B5 con and Burbank for a Farscape con, but it just adds even more expensive to an already expensive con.

~Doc_Bev

3. RogueSquadronWingnut

RogueSquadronWingnut Jedi Master star 4

Apr 7, 2002
    Lets get a giant RV and roadtrip it!
    We'll set the top on fire and listen to Highway to Hell when we're on route 66.
    YAY! [face_devil]

Actually..a roadtrip doesnt sound a bad idea...but it must be set to Led Zeppelin music.

4. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    Uh, no.

I did the roadtrip thing to Dragon*Con and maybe I'm just getting old, but I don't want to waste that much time in a car again. I love the driving part, it was just the two extra days "wasted" that bugged me.

~Doc_Bev

5. RogueSquadronWingnut

Apr 7, 2002

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] :D

6. HothGirl

HothGirl Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 23, 2002
    I've heard three - four locations at this point that sound plausible.

Rumor has it that they're also thinkg CV and CVI as well.

We'll see.

7. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
  8. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    Just bumping this up with the news of the newest rumor...

Celebration IV will be taking place in Los Angeles, CA on May 24th-27th, 2007.

Keep in mind this is just the current rumor. The other part of the rumor is that an official announcement is supposed to be made next month, so hopefully we'll learn more then...

~Doc_Bev

9. JayTee_Erricck

JayTee_Erricck Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 2, 2004
    Hi, Doc_Bev & Everyone.

I hope most, if not all, of you all in this forum can make it to C4 if it is in Los Angeles. I'll miss the trip to Indy (if it's not there) but I think I would find L.A. agreeable. I lived there for 8 years so I'm familiar with the city.

One thing that might be, well, interesting is how the fans packing "costume" hardware will fare with all the L.A.P.D. cops around. In Indy, I didn't worry too much 'cause the city seemed rather peaceful. However, knowing L.A., carrying around prop guns may not bode well with the law enforcement in place around the convention center. Just food for thought.

Anyway, here's to C4. Hoping to see you all there.

MTFBWY.

Jay Tee
    http://www.rebellegionhawaii.com <<<< Now featuring 9 pages of C3 photos with 2 more to come.

10. -KnightShade-

-KnightShade- Jedi Youngling star 2

May 18, 2004
    Good to hear from you JayTee.

I imagine that LA must be a much shorter trip for you you make (and probably cheaper too!).

Costume weapons will have to be discussed.

I don't know all of the details - but I've seen reference to orange and green weapons for parade use...

I found this PDF that I need to read more in depth
    http://www.parrismfgco.com/images/California%20ab_2053_bill.pdf

11. HothGirl

Dec 23, 2002
    Can't say as I'm thrilled with the location. lol I've always wanted to go to Cali, but I know I won't have time to actually explore while I'm there (if I'm there and yes JayTee I'm hoping to be!). It's also going to seriously limit the costumes I take.

We'll see what happens.

12. -KnightShade-

May 18, 2004
    We have been discussing that armor could be somewhat difficult to transport....

Tuskens on the other hand:
    1.) Should pack fairly small
    2.) Would serve as both RL and 501st costumes for group shots

13. -KnightShade-

May 18, 2004
    I did some quick searching...
    Round trip flights (in on Wed and out on Monday) seem to start in the $350-$400 range from either Buffalo or Rochester.
    We can't book/quote for that exact weekend yet through Expedia though ;-)

14. HothGirl

Dec 23, 2002
    True about tuskens...and I've flown with that costume before. Bring the headpiece with you on the plane, it's a great conversation starter! lol

15. RogueSquadronWingnut

Apr 7, 2002
    Yeah...if I'm going...its going to be Tusken or maybe..MAYBE my Baron Fel.

16. HothGirl

Dec 23, 2002
    I think I carried my tusken head and my entire Khaleen costume on the plane last time (not that there's much to Khaleen :p ) ... so I guess I'll bring probably the tusken and a couple of 'smooshy' costumes. lol

17. strawbary

strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    well, being from LA I would love to see it there ;)

However traveling with the amount of armor and costumes for everyone would be a nightmare.
    Not to mention that the airports there are not like out here. It will take you several hours at the airport to check in baggage (if they dont lose it)

If it wasnt so darned far away I would consider driving myself.

I would suggest flying into burbank or ontario if possible instead of right into LAX. ITs a bit further out but the rate may be a tad better not to mention not as much as a headache.

Flights are relatively inexpensive flying from buffalo and rochester. Its insane what they charge out of Syr.
    At any rate , just thought I would pop on and share my excitement if they have it there. :)

18. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    For those that didn't read the article, Rick McCallum confirmed during his Disney Weekend Q&A that CIV will be in 2007, but didn't mention a location.

~Doc_Bev

19. wookie_cookie

wookie_cookie Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 22, 2001
    I asked him about C4 at Disney and he said he didn't know where or when but that it is going to happen!

Yay!!

20. -KnightShade-

May 18, 2004
    C4 Dates and Locations are confirmed:

Read more at:
    http://www.starwars.com/community/event/celebration/news20060526.html

21. RogueSquadronWingnut

Apr 7, 2002
    #@$%^#^@%#&@^%#&@%^!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well CNSFX is now in doubt.
    I might throw all my money into saving for C4....

22. RogueSquadronWingnut

Apr 7, 2002
    Los Angeles Convention Center
    1201 South Figueroa Street
    Los Angeles California 90015

"Our trademark glass and steel pavilions, which house the exhibition halls, towers and lobbies are conveniently linked by a meeting room concourse forming a grand unified center. With a total of 720,000 square feet of exhibition and 147,000 square feet of meeting room space, the Los Angeles Convention Center provides a preeminent setting for any event. "

23. HothGirl

Dec 23, 2002
    I need a second job so I can start saving.... lol

24. JayTee_Erricck

JayTee_Erricck Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 2, 2004
    To quote Dave Chapelle as Rick James,

"CELEBRATION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HA, HA, HA, HA, HA!"

MTFBW Us.

Jay Tee
    http://www.rebellegionhawaii.com

25. RogueSquadronWingnut

Apr 7, 2002
    Still p*ssed about this 4 hours later.
    I'm a geek yeah but traveling to L.A........

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.