main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Celebrity Apprentice: The Season Premiere

Discussion in 'Archive: The Amphitheatre' started by TiniTinyTony , Nov 16, 2004.

1. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    I couldn't find a thread on this show, so here it is. I know it's a little late since this show is having it's 9th episode this Thursday, and I believe there are only 6 more episodes left, but here it is.

But anyway, the reason I started this thread is because that this Thursday the episode will feature a boardroom first, and I belive that I have discovered what it is. Highlight spoiler to read.

There are currently 8 people left. Each week some gets fired. I was looking at tvguide.com, and you can look at the tv schedule listing one week in advance if you wish. Well, I looked ahead to next Thursday and for the Apprentice 2, and it says, "The SIX remaining candidates take a Pepsi challenge: their task is to design a new bottlefor the soft drink."

Check it out! Six! Two people get fired in one episode!
    Man! I can't wait! It's going to be so awesome.

Sorry if you don't share my enthusiam, but I think this show is really cool. I enjoyed the first season, and the second season has been great so far.

Anyone get fired that you wish didn't? Do you think there will be an Apprentice 3 with the cast of Apprentice 1 vs. the cast of Apprentice 2? I doubt it. Look at what they did to Last Comic Standing 3. I digress.

Back on topic! I have deduced that Kelly get shifted to Apex for this task on Thursday with Levi. It's getting close to the end, and I think Donald is testing him, because I think that he thinks that right now, Kelly might be the most qualified. But I have no idea who gets fired. Maybe Ivana finally does. She has been in the boardroom more than anyone else in this season, and last season. Maybe Andy messes up again badly and finally gets cuts loose. I don't know! But I really look forward to it!

Discuss!

2. Latorski

Latorski Jedi Master star 4

Dec 14, 2002
    I love the Apprentice. I didn't read most of your post as I'm trying to avoid spoilers, but I think its unfortunate that several of the entertaining contestants have been fired. My favorites were Raj, Chris and Bradford. I'm surprised Ivana and Maria are still around after some of their earlier screw-ups.

It seems like Kelly is doing well. I expect the Apex team to pick him this week.

I'll write more after this week's episode.

3. sidious618

sidious618 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 20, 2003
    Man, I can't believed they fired Raj.

4. Iwakura

Iwakura Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2001
    yeah, i think it was unfortunate that raj was fired. he just screwed up at the wrong place, wrong time. i didn't like him at first because of his cocky attitude, but now i think he's pretty witty and capable.

5. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Been watching the last couple weeks and there's been a few unfair firings thus far, IMO.

During the police recruitment episode, I don't think it was fair to fire the one girl on the losing team who was actualyl against the approach that failed so miserably.

And firing the guy from the other week for the house remodeling when it was the other guy who vouched for the contractor who underperformed.

Still, one of the few reality shows that are tolerable, and one of the fewer that are really entertaining.

6. Darth_Skycrawler

Darth_Skycrawler Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 5, 2004
    The Apprentice is the only reality show ( besides Drawn Together) that I can actually watch. Im not sure what it is about it that makes it different but it is a show I catch every week. I think it has to do with Trump. He is pretty cool. :cool:

7. Latorski

Dec 14, 2002
    I feel bad for Wes, but he should've controlled Maria better. It reminded me of how Kwame handled Omarosa during the concert task last time.

That was so funny when Jennifer got too much credit for her team's success. Ivana really can't stand her. I wonder if Jen's looks have anything to do with it.

I can't believe Andy's made the final 6. It seems like he's on the spot every time his team loses.

8. TiniTinyTony

Mar 9, 2003
    Well I don't want to toot my own horn, but I was right. I had a good feeling about two firings and tvguide.com proved me right. So feel free to highlight my spoiler in the first post, because it's no longer a spoiler, unless you didn't watch last night's episode.

Wes was a lousy leader on that task, but I wouldn't have minded if Trump let him slip by. If he only DID something while the two girls fought, but he didn't so he can kick himself in the butt later.

And I swear if Maria batted her eyes ONE MORE TIME, I was going to flip out. You can tell when she lies or she has no confidence in what she's saying because that's when her eyes start batting. I have no idea why she tried to take over and not work with the people, but in the end it bit her in the butt.

Two butts. One Levi task. Zero disappointment.

9. liannb

liannb Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 30, 2002
    Great episode, the two firings were definately warranted, they were both horrible, Wes just let Maria take over the whole thing and walk all over him.

10. waheennay

waheennay Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 29, 2000
    That was so funny to see Marie pissed in the cab and having to share it with Wes! I think Jen M. is "Marsha" to Ivana's "Jan".

11. Latorski

Dec 14, 2002
    I love how Wes said, "I wish I could have gotten my own cab."

I'm thinking Ivana (who hasn't lead since the ice cream task) and Andy will be PMs next week and that Ivana will send Jennifer over to the other team. It looks good.

12. rogue_wookiee

rogue_wookiee Jedi Youngling star 6

Apr 24, 2004
    It was better with Larry the Cable Guy on Blue Collar TV.

13. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    I have to say that this season of "Apprentice" just hasn't been up to par with the first. Not that I haven't enjoyed the challenges, but for the most part, I think the women were all way too catty and annoying beyond belief. I miss Pamela and Bradford :(

I also really haven't seen anyone who is an absolute stand out the way that Bill was from season one. The only person I really liked the best was Bradford, and he stupidly did himself in.

That being said, now with witchy Maria FINALLY gone, I think things should get interesting and we'll see if anyone starts to really stand out. I'm leaning towards Andy, Sandy, and Kevin being there in the final hunt for the job...Ivanna and Jennifer could end up blowing each other's chances.

Andy skates sometimes and has done some stupid things, but he just kicked butt when he was PM for the Police recruitment video. I'm also liking Kevin the more that I see him. I just don't know though - none of them seem to be the confident and real leader that Bill was.

Guess we'll have to wait and see.

14. sidious618

sidious618 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 20, 2003
    I think Kelly and Sandy have a good chance.

15. C3PO_Rocks

C3PO_Rocks Jedi Youngling

Dec 17, 2002
    Pamela shouldn't have been fired!!!

16. Darth-Seldon

Darth-Seldon Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 17, 2003
    Raj was the only real character in that show. The rest are ignorant, whining, foolish, bores. It seems like season one had far more intelligent players then this game. I really feel bad for Donald, whoever he hires this time is going to be unable to handle the job.

-Seldon

17. TiniTinyTony

Mar 9, 2003
    Who's getting fired this week? Who doesn't live up to the Pepsi challenge?

I think it will either be Andy or Ivana this week. I would be surprised if it were Kevin or Kelly. As long as we still have the two hot chicks for as long as possible.

18. Darth-Seldon

May 17, 2003
    I think it might be Kevin. He was nervous and sweating at the Levis presentation. I don't think he can handle himself at such a large presentation.

I just hope Andy and the pretty girl with long blond hair survive this week.

-Seldon

19. TiniTinyTony

Mar 9, 2003
    Poor Andy. Oh well. Trump wasn't going to put a 22 yr old in charge of one of his businesses. So we got the two hot chicks Jen and Sandy vs. Team Melting Pot. In the end, Jen will be fired since she is an idiot, but she's still hot and has passed under the radar because of it. Sandy has no chance in beating the three on the other team. So I'm definitely feeling a girl firing next week. Kelly in the final 4!

20. Latorski

Dec 14, 2002
    I think Kelly is the clear front-runner. He's led 3 times and won each.

That was hilarious how Jen blocked Ivana from being PM. Now Kelly has the exemption instead of her.

I can't imagine Jen and Sandy working well together anymore. Everyone seems to hate Jen, but they haven't shown her do anything bad.

21. Iwakura

Iwakura Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2001
    i was surprised by andy being fired...last week i was beginning to think maybe he was gonna be among the last couple of people on the show. he didn't handle himself all that great when sandy and jennifer were going rabid in the boardroom.

i really wish jennifer would've gotten the axe. she really annoyed me on the levi's task. why was fit wheel so hard for her to understand? and then when they presented it she started shooting her mouth off as if she came up w/ the concept...let alone even understood it. i was starting to like ivana for all her humorous anti-jennifer comments (barbie on her back), but i'm thinking i'm gonna lose respect for her next week based on the preview showing her taking her skirt off. [face_plain]

as of now, i predict kelly will win. although, i also miss pamela. she was the only really mature female on the show.

22. Zaz

Zaz Jedi Knight star 9

Oct 11, 1998
    I didn't see the point of firing Andy; he wasn't out-debated. He was out-shrieked by two of the resident shrews. I don't see the point of watching this show much further, because I like none of the remaining people. I expect Kelly to win, but he is a smug, self-satisfied dickwad.

23. waheennay

waheennay Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 29, 2000
    That was an ugly-ass bottle Andy designed. I think it would have worked if the two ends were covered with an actual picture of the earth from space, covered in clouds, instead of that flat, globelike design.

24. Darth-Seldon

May 17, 2003
    Andy makes Harvard look bad. The kid can't even debate with a girl who never went to college? Kelly is a definite front runner.
    Jen is great.
    I think one of the girls will be fired this week.

-Seldon

25. TiniTinyTony

Mar 9, 2003
    Well, we're down to the final four. It's Bill vs. Kwame, all over again with Kelly and Kevin. In the interviews I hope that Trump's executives realize how stupid Jen is, and that Sandy won't be able to handle the work load.

Although, I do believe Sandy has a chance, if the execs like her, which is also my fear because the same could happen with Jen.

It's their final time to shine, and with all the pointless fighting in the boardroom from the preview, it looks more like pointing fingers than enhancing oneself.