main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Celebrity Apprentice: The Season Premiere

Discussion in 'Archive: The Amphitheatre' started by TiniTinyTony , Nov 16, 2004.

1. Leonard_Shelby

Leonard_Shelby Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 31, 2002
    I'll pull my pants down if you buy this candy bar for twenty bucks. :)

2. Darth-Seldon

Darth-Seldon Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 17, 2003
    I'm not hiring a stripper.
    You're fired!

-Seldon

3. Leonard_Shelby

May 31, 2002
  4. Latorski

Latorski Jedi Master star 4

Dec 14, 2002
    I wouldn't pay $20 to see Ivana strip. Now Jen is another story...

5. sidious618

sidious618 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 20, 2003
    I'm with Latorski.

6. Darth-Seldon

May 17, 2003
    Paying Jen or Sandy would be one thing.
    Ivana? No not worth the cash.

-Seldon

7. Leonard_Shelby

May 31, 2002
    Did the dude that gave her twenty bucks for the bar and pull even look at her? If anything it was a "meh-ish" glance before he walked away. Didn't really get his money's worth, did he? A crappy candy bar and an ugly woman's skirt pull for twenty bucks. Poor guy. :p

8. sidious618

sidious618 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 20, 2003
    Did the dude that gave her twenty bucks for the bar and pull even look at her? If anything it was a "meh-ish" glance before he walked away. Didn't really get his money's worth, did he? A crappy candy bar and an ugly woman's skirt pull for twenty bucks. Poor guy.

[face_laugh]

I concur!

9. Siths_Revenge

Siths_Revenge Jedi Youngling star 7

Jul 27, 2004
    That dude should have just bought the "Women of the Apprentice" Maxim magazine like I did.

10. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    Goodbye Kevin and Sandy. It's pretty boy vs. pretty girl. My dad thinks that Kelly will bury Jen. I'm not that confident, but it will be close. I'm pulling for Kelly, but Jen can still surprise us, especially since his team cares more than Kelly's team.

11. Latorski

Dec 14, 2002
    I felt bad for Kevin and Sandy. I must admit that Jen destroyed Sandy in the boardroom though.

Great to see Raj again.

I'm surprised Kelly picked Elizabeth first. His team seems so disinterested.

I think Kelly will win.

12. Siths_Revenge

Jul 27, 2004
    Why did Trump not pick Kevin? He's a genius compared to that idiot Jen - just because Jen yells alot doesn't mean she has brains to run a company.

13. Darth-Seldon

May 17, 2003
    Jen is going to lose the thing anyone so it does not really matter.
    Why did he fire Kevin?
    Well he is going to pick Kelly anyway, and in season one he ended with a white and black guy, then he chose the white man. It would look rather foolish to do the exact same thing again. So this time he has a man and a woman and he is going to pick the man.

If the finals had been Kelly and Kevin, it would be a repeat of last season.

-Seldon

14. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Though people will probably pick on the whole male being hired over the woman thing, but both Jen and Sandy really didn't/don't deserve to win (neither did Ivona).

It really should have been Kelly vs Kevin.

Heck, Jen probably woulda gotten fired that one week if that other guy hadn't screwed up and let her by.

15. Latorski

Dec 14, 2002
    I'm glad Kelly won, but Jen is very good at defending herself.

I thought the "Regis helping Trump decide" stuff was awful. It wasted half an hour talking to fans and Trump employees, most of whom offered nothing new and said the same thing. And let Omarossa go away. We do not need to hear from her anymore.

I thought the reunion show sucked also. They spent too much time replaying show highlights, which they do at the start of each show and during the entire recap episode. The contestants didn't have enough time to talk- I'd like to have heard about what they were actually doing now, not whether they liked Kelly or Jen. It would have been good to hear from Bradford.

I thought Kelly picked the right job. I drive by that place a lot and wish I could make enough money to live there someday.

Oh well, I'll be watching The Apprentice 3.

16. Pinkee

Pinkee Jedi Youngling

Jul 27, 2004
    This years group paled in comparison to last years group and Trump appearing to be unenthusiastic about Kelly or Jen last night is not surprising. Even though Kelly won, Trump basically questioned his leadership qualities prior to hiring him. I really thought for awhile he was going to fire both of them. I too hated the fact that they tampered with the format. I didn't need to see all those flashbacks and Regis.

I will watch the next version but I hope Burnett puts together a more interesting group and brings back the lemonade stand!

I think the average viewer can understand and enjoy the simple tasks they had to do last year. They were fun and yet you still had to think on your feet. This year however they had too many corporate challenges which were too dry for the average viewer. I feel that that along with a rather dull group led to poorer ratings.

17. FreshJedi

FreshJedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 17, 2004
    I was listening to the news last night, and they said that the Apprentice 3 has already completed shooting (except of course the Finale).

I tried to watch the entire Finale last night and honestly i got bored. 3 hours is just too long. And the part where The Donald sent Regis into the audience to start asking his employees and stuff was horrible. It started to get redundant.

With all that said, I'm glad Kelly won over Jen and I'm looking forward to Apprentice 3.

18. Siths_Revenge

Jul 27, 2004
    I'm glad Kelly won, too. Definatly the best choice.

It must have been hard for Jen to sit through that Kelly lovefest show.

19. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    New season started last night- anyone still watching?

20. Darth-Seldon

May 17, 2003
    I watched part of the episode.
    In my opinion it the new season gives some kids a wrong idea. That they can be rich and not go to college, when something like that can be very rare. It almost sends an anti-education message.

I get kind of sick of the show.
    Like all reality TV, it ran it's course and now it is time for it to go out to pasture.

-Seldon

21. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    As a reality TV show it's enjoyable, I think- unlike pretty much every other reality show, which i think says something at least.

Anyways, the new canidates, so far, are more likeable than season 2's it seems, so it does have that going for it.

22. TiniTinyTony

Mar 9, 2003
    I missed the first half hour. Didn't seem like I missed anything. I started watching at 9pm seeing what they have named themselves. Net Worth and Magna, but I kept calling them Magma when talking about them later on. Anyway, I knew that it was some sort of BK task because that's what my cable box told me when I pressed the info button.

I think Trump should have fired two for the first episode - the Project Manager because he didn't do crap, and the Marketing guy because that was just stupid. The PM firing was a good choice, but Danny better watch his ass. He'll be gone soon. He put up a good fight though.

It seems that Trump is still allowing the exception if you win as the project manager for your team which is cool, but it looks like he took away the "bring two or three to the boardroom" option because no one took advantage of it last season.

Next week's episode looks good. Someone walks off!

Carolyn had a nice little tan going on. She's gotten way hot over the seasons.

23. Darth-Seldon

May 17, 2003
    I don't know about that, she doesn't appear to be hot on my TV.

-Seldon

24. TiniTinyTony

Mar 9, 2003
    Crazy episode. That one lady walks off. I don't understand why. Didn't they get to eat? Why didn't they take turns at the front desk?

I thought the guy that got fired was going to a good leader. He had the energy and spunk, but no sense of direction, and rubbed people the wrong way.

I loved how that one girl told the other girl to shut the hell up. That was awesome.

I don't know their names, and I'm too lazy to look it up, but if you saw the episode, you know what I'm talking about.

Next week's episode looks pretty good, but the previews always hype up everything, so I'm sure it won't be a big deal, but it's got me interested. It's not like I'm going to stop watching, even though this season seems a little 'blah' so far.

25. kingthlayer

kingthlayer Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 7, 2003
    I saw the second episode of season three. Pretty crazy. The emo fella is kicken rad.