The Celebrity Apprentice: The Season Premiere

Discussion in 'Archive: The Amphitheatre' started by TiniTinyTony, Nov 16, 2004.

1. sidious618 Force Ghost

star 6

He screwed them up with that gay commerical.
    In the other tasks he never really did very much.
    I don't know about that.

He was funny, he had spirit, he wasn't a prick to the other players and he enjoyed what he was doing. I lovwed him.
  2. Darth-Seldon Force Ghost

star 6
    I can see why you liked him. He had a good personality (I guess.) However you stated "He had the most talent" which I don't think is true, though it is an opinion.

-Seldon
  3. TiniTinyTony Force Ghost

star 5
    Well finally we have the final 4. Now normally, this would be the time for the interviews to start, and then 2 people would be fired, one at the beginning of the show and one at the end.

Well according to tvtome.com, and tvguide.com, the final 4 actually has a task - designing t-shirts for Hanes. (the one girl quitting early on must have thrown off the regular system)

So then the final 3 will go through the interviews, where 1 will be fired, and then we'll be ready for the final episode(s).

It has been reported that the LIVE finale will only be an hour long! Thank goodness!
  4. Latorski Force Ghost

star 4
    Finale's this week.

IMO, Kendra's got it won. Tana isn't "big city" enough and couldn't manage her team well.
  5. The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth

Manager
    star 10
    Yeah, Tana's badmouthing of her employees will backfire on her, and Kendra had a huge success with her game tournament whereas Tana had a bunch fo problems like the flag and the flyer and putting the governor off.

Really, I don't think either deserve to be the winner, but I digress.
  6. Clone-Commando_1198A Jedi Knight

star 2
    I watched the second season and most of this season of the Apprentice. I have been missing most of the shows lately. Unless the next season is during the summer, I probably won't be watching again.
  7. The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth

Manager
    star 10
    I'd assume the next one won't be till the fall.
  8. Darth-Seldon Force Ghost

star 6
    Ever since Erin was fired (my early favorite) I've felt that Kendra will win. She is the one that saved Magna every single week.

Tana is an idiot in so many ways. Trump has a natural inclination to side with Kendra on account of her education. However there is also the fact that Tana has done nothing but screw up in this job interview. To me, there is nothing good about her. She lacks the leadership, intelligence, charisma, sense, and determination to do well in one of his companys.

Kendra is brilliant, I really like her. She will do well.

-Seldon
  9. BobaKareu Force Ghost

star 3
    Yeah, Kendra's definately got it. If there was any doubt, the employees they used walking in at the end pretty much ended any speculation.

Then again, I thought Chris was gonna win. Geez, everyone hated him so much. But I have a definate soft spot for him, and not just because my name is Chris. But because he really does have a lot of potential, and he gave up the chewing habit for Trump. It takes dedication to do that. Maybe he'll be hired anyway? Haha, well, one can hope.
  10. Iwakura Force Ghost

star 4
    add another vote/expectation for kendra to win. she has definitely been the hardest working of the two. this was definitely evidenced by the task awhile back to make that car brochure.
  11. Zaz Jedi Grand Master

star 9
    Tana's a chocolate-covered tarantula, as well as being oblivious creep.

I can't see her winning.
  12. Darth-Seldon Force Ghost

star 6
    Kendra won!
    No suprise there.
    After Erin, she was my favorite.

-seldon
  13. Latorski Force Ghost

star 4
    Yeah, Kendra was definitely the most deserving candidate.

I thought that finale wasn't very good. It was too stretched out and they didn't really even talk to the fired candidates. They also didn't show the teams discussing the final 2 candidates. I thought they handled it the best during the first season.
  14. The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth

Manager
    star 10
    Bump- we're two episodes into the new season. First week they fired the right person, and this week they fired the wrong one (though he did make the mistake of not bringing the "lower case i" guy in with him).
  15. SeventhAngelicSlayer Jedi Knight

star 2
    The two tasks combined, I thought that Markus was definitely the weakest link for Excel, but if you're just counting this last task, I think it had to be either Chris or Mark because of the print ads. Ultimately, I think Chris was just trying to copy what Kristi did last week - she brought only Melissa back in with her, and it worked out and Melissa was fired, but it didn't got that way this week.
  16. Zaz Jedi Grand Master

star 9
    The difference was: Markus was right about their work; and they lost badly, not by $11.00.

The Donald was practically begging Chris not to do it. And he hated Markus so much he did it anyway. Not that I blame him, I have to say.
  17. Siths_Revenge Jedi Youngling

star 7
    The guys are a bunch of yes men. The girls in this one seem to be in the spirit of the tasks more, but that Kristi grates on my nerves.
  18. Mr_Pwner Jedi Knight

19. Iwakura Force Ghost

star 4
    definitely the right choice in the first episodes firing. i think it was a decent choice this time--it was foolish for him to just bring in markus. it's been done repeatedly by competitors on the apprentice: when they bring in someone they have a personal dislike for (whether they're incompetent or not) even though that person wasn't responsible for the loss. it only ever worked once and that was w/ the girl either last season or the one before that who freaked out w/ the magic 8 ball--she got fired weeks after she screwed up.

i don't really have any favorites yet--maybe alla. anyone else have anyone they are partial to yet?
  20. The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth

Manager
    star 10
    Am I the only one who thought the womens team's "mickey mouse club roll call" ad campagn rather sucked? I was surprised they managed to come out ahead.
  21. Zaz Jedi Grand Master

star 9
    Four of them bit it at once last night and it was rather funny, and consoled me for the score of the Canucks/Avs game.

I bet Josh never imagined that Markus would outlast him.

The Taxi Ride of Doom was hilarious.
  22. SeventhAngelicSlayer Jedi Knight

star 2
    I know, I about died of laughter when they were showing the cab ride, I mean normally they at least say something, and sometimes they really get going on a rant, but everyone was just silent. And a couple of them even did those occasional small smiles that people do in the midst of awkward silence, just so funny. Although I don't really think the other two should've been fired, it would'dve still been great if he'd just fired Jennifer and Josh, but it was very entertaining.

Also, I loved the ad for the SW episode in a couple of weeks. Where Donald fired Chewbacca because no one could understand a word he said, then they showed our poor Wookie walking into the elevator with a pink suitcase, also really hilarious.
  23. The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth

Manager
    star 10
    Yeah, as soon as I saw they were making them all take teh same taxi, I was like "Gee, that'll be a fun cab ride...".

What I gotta wonder is that they've now effectively shortened the season by 4 episodes, so how do they work that out with their sponsors? Do they line up 4 or 5 sponsors for the middle of the show and say "we have the option of cancelling in the event of multiple firings..."?
  24. TARKINS_FOUL_STENCH Jedi Master

star 4
    First, I have to say that I love this show and I'm glad there's a thread about it.

In regard to the 4 firings at the same time, I'd say they may just lengthen the episodes to two-parters to showcase the tasks and the boardroom more.

My other thought is that they would bring in new people or some old "troublemakers" to liven things up.
  25. Zaz Jedi Grand Master

star 9
    The story I heard was they had to shorten the season because of the Winter Olympics.