main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Census The Census and Games Social Thread wishes you a spooky Valentine's Day!

Discussion in 'Archive: Census and Games' started by droideka27, Oct 31, 2005.

1. Tyi-Maet_Nefer

Tyi-Maet_Nefer Jedi Master star 6

Jun 17, 2005
    *has already eaten his dinner*

But what about now? Since EpIII is well and truly done, they've lost their edge for money-worth material. Well... probably not in their eye. Marketers can always think of something. ;)

2. dashleebo

dashleebo Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 18, 2003
    My subscription ended just before ROTS was released. I haven't bothered to re-new it. :p I can't think of what else they could give the HS members now that the DVD is out.

Yeah, they can always think of something.

I really feel like icecream, or an ice-block.. but I've run out. :(

3. TheBoogieMan

TheBoogieMan Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 14, 2001
    That's a northern myth and you know it. :p

Oh, come now. What about "Special preview: Download first 10 minutes of TV episode, only for Hyperspace Members" . . .

4. dashleebo

dashleebo Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 18, 2003
    Oh, come now. What about "Special preview: Download first 10 minutes of TV episode, only for Hyperspace Members" .

I wouldn't be surprised if they did that....

5. Tyi-Maet_Nefer

Jun 17, 2005
    Of course, the TV show. Though the whole thing about a TV show is that it's free to watch on television!! [face_laugh]

But I've been to Melbourne... and it was freezing! :p I suppose Winter?no wait, it was only Autumn!?had something to do with it.... :p

6. TheBoogieMan

Nov 14, 2001
    Hyperspace was invented to make free things un-free. It's their speciality. :p

And yes, when it is cold, Melbourne is cold. When it is warm, it's just as warm as any other place.

7. Zebra3

Zebra3 Jedi Master star 5

Aug 28, 2004
    Hyperspace? It's got some pretty good features: webstrips, out of print fiction, Clone Wars cartoon and the online supplement for Insider. I just got it by osmosis through my Insider subscription.

8. Captain_Typho

Captain_Typho Jedi Master star 5

Jul 30, 2003
    The best thing to come from hyperspace recently was the Rick McCallum press conference audio cast where he talked about forthcoming projects. Everything else has been worthless to me.

9. imperial_dork

imperial_dork Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 11, 2003
    I go to Vegas for a week and there's a new banner AND a social thread. Eeeexcellent. </Mr. Burns>

I received Hyperspace as a gift for the Insider subscription and thought the SW shop discount would be cool. But considering it's only good on certain items and things like the ROTS dvd are $30... um, yeah. Now that it's expired, if I need an issue of the magazine, I'll go to Barnes & Noble. :p

10. Zebra3

Aug 28, 2004
    30$ [face_hypnotized]

good lord! I got mine for like 15$ at Wal-Mart.

11. Captain_Typho

Jul 30, 2003
    The Insider is the only good thing about it. I may cancel my subscription and just get insider. But fan club membership is useful at conventions.

12. Zebra3

Aug 28, 2004
    Uh, you can't do that Captain_Typho, getting Insider and not Hyperspace. They both come together and you can't get one and not the other. Sorry :(

edit: Here it is from the Hyperspace FAQ. It's under section II about memberships and it's #4 http://www.starwars.com/hyperspace/about/faq.html

Can I subscribe to just online or just the magazine?
    No. We've united the best of our online and offline benefits into one great package. Save over 25% off of regular subscription prices. U.S. and Canada membership is available only as a complete package.

The only reason I know this is because I looked into it too when I was researching the subscription policies.

13. MariahJSkywalker

MariahJSkywalker Poopoo Head star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2005
    Hey everyone. I never subscribed for Hyperspace, but sometimes I wished I had.

14. Captain_Typho

Jul 30, 2003
    by getting insider i mean going to the store and buying one each time a new one comes out rather than pay out my ass for useless hyperspace every year.

15. Zebra3

Aug 28, 2004
    I've loved Hyperspace so far. Being able to rewatch all of the Clone Wars chapters is well enough for me but I also love all of those short stories and the webstrips. I think the extra $4 per year is a great deal.

16. Smuggler-of-Mos-Espa

Smuggler-of-Mos-Espa Jedi Youngling star 6

Jan 23, 2002
    I was a member of Hyperspace back in 2004, well, it could've been 2003. I don't remember. Anyway, my brother decided to be an **** and restricted access from me.

17. droideka27

droideka27 Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2002
    Ug that's terrible.

I had an insider subscription until this feb or march. i wasn't about to renew it and have to have hyperspace which i would never use.

18. MariahJSkywalker

MariahJSkywalker Poopoo Head star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2005
    I just buy Insider from the stores.

19. TheBoogieMan

Nov 14, 2001
    Wait, US$30 for the DVD is almost AU$50. . . that is ridiculous! Crazy talk!

And yeah . . . I think Hyperspace was a pretty bad idea in the first place, IMO. It stopped me from going to the OS. I used to enjoy it quite a lot but now there is nothing there that you don't have to pay for.

20. Tyi-Maet_Nefer

Jun 17, 2005
    Hyperspace Hyperspace Hyperspace.... The Millennium Falcon is pretty fast at it if I remember right.... :p

21. YodaJeff

YodaJeff Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 18, 2001
    I enjoy my Insider magazine (when I have time and remember to read it), and I also don't mind the extra Hyperspace stuff. There are far worse ways to waste money.

22. Zebra3

Aug 28, 2004
    Speaking of Insider, when does the next issue come out?

23. Tyi-Maet_Nefer

Jun 17, 2005
    Are you then implying that it is a waste, but just not a big one? :p

24. Captain_Typho

Jul 30, 2003
    I haven't even read the last issue yet. I forgot to change my shipping address for it so it is still being sent to my parents house 3 hours away. I'm also too lazy to call up the people and change it. I wish LFL can do what Paizo did and have a way to choose the shipping address online.

25. imperial_dork

imperial_dork Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 11, 2003
    Wait, US$30 for the DVD is almost AU$50. . . that is ridiculous! Crazy talk!

Yep. $29.98, to be exact. Holy markup, Batman!

And yeah . . . I think Hyperspace was a pretty bad idea in the first place, IMO. It stopped me from going to the OS.

The idea of paying for what is, esentially, advertisement for a series of films, is ridiculous, IMO. But I've ranted plenty about it before, so I'm going to shut my yap. :D

I forgot to change my shipping address for it so it is still being sent to my parents house 3 hours away.

Heck, I did change my address when I moved and still never received the last 3 issues in the mail. Another reason I decided to just pick up the magazine at the store instead of renewing.