main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

-? The Census & Games GAMING THREAD ?- SNAP! winner

Discussion in 'Archive: Census and Games' started by Tyi-Maet_Nefer, Apr 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    Yay! We win, team! [face_dancing]

I really enjoyed this game, even though I accidentally missed two of my turns. Thanks for hosting it, Nat. :)

2. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
    Congratulations you guys! It was a fun game![:D]

3. EmpireForever

EmpireForever Force Ghost star 8

Mar 15, 2004
    He was our last hope...

4. path-seeker

path-seeker Jedi Padawan star 4

May 1, 2008
    :eek:

Thanks Jag [:D]

First time I've ever been happy to see the Empire win. :p

5. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    Exactly. Usually, we don't want the Empire to win, but this time was different.

6. s65horsey

s65horsey Otter-loving Former EUC Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 24, 2006
    This just proves that the Empire will always win. :p

7. snowspeeder_gunner

snowspeeder_gunner Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 10, 2007
  8. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
    I think we should have a rematch!![face_mischief]

9. path-seeker

path-seeker Jedi Padawan star 4

May 1, 2008
    I'm all for it!! :D

10. snowspeeder_gunner

Apr 10, 2007
    What, you want to lose again?

11. Lady_Belligerent

Jan 29, 2008
    Yeah, no. Next time the Jedi will be victorious.

12. snowspeeder_gunner

Apr 10, 2007
  13. Lady_Belligerent

Jan 29, 2008
    [face_shame_on_you]

(This is when it would be really nice if my fellow Jedi backed me up!)

14. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    *provides back up*

15. Lady_Belligerent

Jan 29, 2008
    :rolleyes:

Don't hurt yourself or anything...

16. Tyi-Maet_Nefer

Tyi-Maet_Nefer Jedi Master star 6

Jun 17, 2005
    *provides better back up*

17. Lady_Belligerent

Jan 29, 2008
  18. C1-J2

C1-J2 Jedi Youngling star 3

May 16, 2007
    Well at least my side of the war won. :p

Silly, Jedi, did you really think you could defeat the Empire and the Sith? ;)

19. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    [image=http://members.iinet.net.au/~garratts/tyi/SNAP.jpg]

SNAP

Who doesn't like snap? :p

The premise of this game is simple. You want "cards" to match-up... or you don't. What you do want, is for the number of cards that match-up to be the same as the number that you predicted.

This game is done in approximately 48 hours.

When I announce that SNAP has begun, anyone may PM me a list of five cards. Those cards being: a King, a Queen and three Jacks. These are the only cards you may play with. And you must play with that exact set of cards. If I was playing the game, here's how the PM would look:

SNAP

Man, I am so going to win this!

1. Jack
    2. Queen
    3. Jack
    4. Jack
    5. King

P.S. Do you accept bribes?

Cheers.

Lists must be sent in this format of 1 through to 5. The only thing you need to do is inform me which number coincides with which card. It is laid out in a column. Remember, there's three Jacks; one Queen; one King. You may give me any order.

After 24 hours has passed, entries are closed. Zipped shut. I will then announce, in this thread, how many people are playing the current game. See, the beauty is, there are no sign-ups involved in this game. There are no contracts. I cannot sue you. But I can take you to court.

To join, all you have to do is PM me your list.

After I announce the number of players, there will be another 24 hour period during which all players who PMed me their list may PM me once again with their prediction. Your prediction is a prediction of how many different rows of three will be laid out. You'll know what I mean in a moment.

After this period is over, I will then combine everyone's PM and post the results. Here is an example of the results list:

<tt>
    1. Q J J K J Q K <strike>J J J J</strike>
    2. J Q J J Q J Q J <strike>Q Q Q</strike>
    3. K J J Q <strike>J J J</strike> K J K K
    4. J J K <strike>J J J J J</strike> K J J
    5. J K Q J K K J Q <strike>J J J</strike>
    </tt>

In the above, each person's list has been aligned next to each other. Each individual person's list is a column of five. There's eleven rows, which means eleven players would have made up that game.

The aim of this game is to score hat-tricks: Three in a row - of the same card (okay, I admit... it's really just a 'letter' when it looks like this...). Please note, hat-tricks are only in a row; they cannot count vertically. The winner of this very easy game is the person who predicts the correct number of hat-tricks.

If we have more than one correct prediction, why then, we have multiple winners, don't we. . . .

If nobody predicts correctly on the first take, I will simply not announce what everybody predicted. A new round of 24 hours will then take place and everybody has a second shot at predicting the amount of hat-tricks.

If you do not PM me a prediction, your cards will still be played, however you have no chance of winning the game. So really, you don't want to do that... but it has no effect on anybody else.

In the example above, 8 hat-tricks were scored. When you see four matching in a row, just think of it as two points. The first three are one hat-trick, and then the second, third and fourth are the second hat-trick. For 5 in a row, there would be 3 hat-tricks. And so on.

There is no difference between a hat-trick that is made up of Jacks or one that is made up of Queens or Kings. All are equal to one hat-trick. Your prediction includes all combinations.

Strategic points:

The order of the results list is simply the order in which I receive the game PMs.

If there is a larger number of players, there is, of course, a higher likelihood that more hat-tricks will be scored.

Or, I could give you the rules in four sentences:

Game starts. You have

20. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    I've sent in my PM. ;)

21. Lady_Belligerent

Jan 29, 2008
    Got mine in too!

22. Tyi-Maet_Nefer

Tyi-Maet_Nefer Jedi Master star 6

Jun 17, 2005
    Sent.

P.S. Seriously, do you accept bribes?

23. Lady_Belligerent

Jan 29, 2008
    I'll make you brownies.[face_batting]

24. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Tell you guys what - I have to outline 50 pages by Monday. So, new game: person who does it for me gets colors :p

Five people sent in cards. You all now have 24 hours to PM me your guesses.

25. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    I've PM'd my guess. [face_worried]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.