main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Central Power Battery: The Green Lantern thread

Discussion in 'Archive: SF&F: Books and Comics' started by Lank_Pavail, Jan 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lank_Pavail

Lank_Pavail Jedi Knight star 7

Sep 26, 2002
    "And I shall shed my light over dark evil, for the dark things cannot stand the light-the light of the Green Lantern!"

"In brightest day, in darkest night, no evil shall escape my sight. Let those who worship evil's might, beware my power-Green Lantern's light!"

For the Hal fans, for the Kyle fans. For the Guy fans (abd the gal fans :p ) For the John fans, for the old school Alan fans, and for the countless others who have worn the ring, let this be the place to discuss the news, the olds, and the everything inbetweens of the Green Lanterns.

To start this thread off right, let's hit the big piece of recent history: the redemption and resurrection of Hal Jordan, Green Lantern and the restarting of the Green lantern Corps in the 'Green Lantern: Rebirth' mini.

2. Son of the Suns

Son of the Suns Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 6, 1999
    I haven't bought an issue of Green Lantern in years (my last issue was #99 of the previous volume, if I recall correctly). But now that I'm getting into DC more and more, I've thought of picking up the Geoff Johns relaunch. To those who are reading it... Is it worth getting into?

3. Soontir-Fel

Soontir-Fel Force Ghost star 5

Dec 18, 2001
    Entire wars can be waged over which Lantern is the best.

I'm with Kyle and Kilowag.

Also with the new Green Lantern Corps comic you can get a power ring with it.

I got five.

4. Twinky_Stryder

Twinky_Stryder Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 16, 2003
    So who is this Green Lantern guy anyway?

5. Son of the Suns

Son of the Suns Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 6, 1999
    I guess I've always been partial to Hal, mainly because he was the Green Lantern I saw as a kid in Super Friends.

Which Green Lantern guy? Or did you mean Green Lantern Guy, as in Guy Gardner? :p

BTW, don't mean to spamvertise, but Kyle Rayner is currently in a fierce bracket with Zatanna over in the Census superhero tournament.

6. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Green_Lantern

^^^^That is Green Lantern.

So far, Geoff Johns relaunch has been fairly entertaining. Though it's been plauged by lateness due largely to certain artists and Johns involvement in getting 52 going.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.