main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The change to lightsaber action in tight quarters in RotS

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith' started by BothofUs, Oct 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedi_jacks

jedi_jacks Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 17, 2005
    Marine00
    You know, the battle was originally supposed to be on Sullust, not Mustafar- I have no idea why GL changed it...

well GL did say he wanted to create anakin's hell, plus GL captured some real volcano footage for it. sounds like it all came together for him, although i dont know about the original setting.

2. jedi_jacks

jedi_jacks Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 17, 2005
    jedi_jacks
    when anavader was hacking up that hallway, that was awesome. obi-wan musta been surprised.

thechozn1
    I think it was really nothing more than them wanting to show they had CGI... again. You know they had to remind us of that constantly. Kinda like "Hey, we can show them in tight quarters and have the lightsabers cutting up the walls... YAY!"

I think too much is being read into it as far as wanting to add drama or get the audience feeling the scene because of these "close quarters". I don't recall anyone screaming out "Oh my god!!! What are they doing. Those are tight spaces. Are they crazy? Out of their mind? Jesus, this sure is making me tense. What's next, machine washing clothes that are dry clean only. I don't think I could handle anything else this wild and CRAZY."

so u didnt like it?

3. woodlebert1

woodlebert1 Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 17, 2005
    what kind of planet is sullust?

and mustafar wasnt what i expected, i didnt visualise it as industrialized, but then again, there has to be something there otherwise why would anakin go there? to chill...?

it doesnt bother me too much, mainly because i didnt make a detailed picture of it in my mind until i saw the first few pics of it, and then just pictured the shots id seen.

4. yoshifett

yoshifett Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 17, 2004
    I don't know about Sullist, the only time I've heard of it is in ROTJ, and Vader and the Emperor just discuss it, they don't describe it. There's probably some EU out there that would let you know though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.