main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The character of Dooku/Tryanus

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Virgilius, May 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Virgilius

Virgilius Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 7, 2004
    Count Dooku/Darth Tyranus is one of my favourite villains of the prequels. From what I read in the ROTS novel, he didn't know what friendship meant. I also am convinced that he is a racist, and wants to help Sidious/Palpatine found an "Empire of Man." (Personally, I think the Empire in the Classic Trilogy is racist, but I don't think the Emperor is. After all, Sidious trained Maul, and, if you accept EU, he valued Grand Admiral Thrawn.) I learned more about Tyranus from the ROTS novel than the AOTC novel. I need to read more about him in Clone Wars novels like "The Cestus Deception" and "Dark Rendezvous." It seems to me that Tyranus wanted Obi-Wan to join him because he was Qui-Gon's apprentice. He seems to have some heart.

What do you think of the character Darth Tyranus?

2. YoungAngus

YoungAngus Jedi Master star 5

May 7, 2005
    I think hes awesome. But do you guys think when he was talking to obi wan about joining him to take down sidiouis he was serious?

3. BosskMaul

BosskMaul Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 29, 2004
    I was wondering that myself about when he talks to Obi-Wan about joining. A ploy to get him to join, or did he really want to overthrow Sidious? I mean, he must know that there can only be one apprentice. If Obi-Wan turned, it'd probably end with him eventually killing Dooku to be the new apprentice.

4. HawkWalker

HawkWalker Jedi Youngling

Nov 7, 2004
    Well if you recall in Empire Strikes Back, Vader asks Luke to join him to take down the Emperor and end this war. Dooku asking Obi-Wan is just the same I think, I think Dooku wanted to take down the Emperor if he could, and felt that Obi-Wan was powerful enough to help take him down.
    People with a taste of power want to consume as much of it as they can, and that includes taking down your Master in some situations.

5. Matt-trooper

Matt-trooper Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 19, 2005
    Dooku is one of my favourite film villains of all time. I love the way he acts and his fighting style.

6. DarthNidLoc

DarthNidLoc Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 19, 2005
    Even with a Spoiler Warning, it is AGAINST JC RULES to post spoilers outside of 3SA.

7. StormTrooper1776

StormTrooper1776 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 26, 2004
    What does Dooku do to show Sidious his loyalty to become his sith apprentice?

8. Virgilius

Virgilius Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 7, 2004
    The Sith control both sides of the Clone Wars. It's a set-up for the actual revenge of the Sith. I won't go into detail about that.

I don't know if Darth Tyranus was loyal to Sidious or not, but according to the ROTS novel he was. Believe what you will.

Yes, I do think that Christopher Lee is a fantastic actor. He's really good at portraying characters like Saruman and Tyranus.

9. Saora_Bin

Saora_Bin Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 26, 2005
    That would be a cool RPG. What if Obi-Wan had joined him?

Anyhoo, Christopher Lee is one of the best actors I've seen. Ewan McGregor's good, too. If Obi-Wan and Tyranus had joined:

1) What would Obi-Wan's sith name be?
    2)Could they beat Sidious?

10. BaronFel88

BaronFel88 Jedi Knight star 7

Jan 25, 2004
    I assume that if Obi-Wan joined Dooku and they overthrew Sidious/Palpatine, Dooku would run a pretty similar operation as Sidious had planned. It'd probably be a dictatorship, but Dooku'd probably be a little more benevolent. Dooku seems like a Machiavellian guy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.