main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Character Sketch: A Challenge

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by The Musical Jedi, Aug 8, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yoda4982

yoda4982 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 10, 2002
    Thanks guys, i didn't like how it sound at first, i had to read it to my self a few times before i liked it. Thanks

2. yoda4982

Jul 10, 2002
    i was taking a shower when this came to me, i had to write, i hope you guys like. i love this game, challenge, whatever it is. I hope you guys don't care that this is my third one.

Fear is my ally, I don?t fear, but bring it others. I feed off it. Yet these two don?t fear me, they willingly fight me knowing what I am. That will make my victory so much better. I hate them, and my hate flows through me, fueling me, pushing me that much more.

This ones old, slow, easy to predict, it seems a waste of my time to kill him, but I must. He is going to get in the way of my Master?s plans. I hear the screams of the young one. He is faster, stronger, a more formidable foe. But his rage takes over, and he no longer plans his attacks. My face does not scare him as it has to so many. What an easy assignment, these two were no match for me. I have been training for years, since I could walk, in the dark arts. My master will be pleased, if these are supposed to be Jedi, then the rest will fall easily.

Wait; what?s this, the boy still has some fight left. But I am to slow in my reaction, and time slows. I feel the saber slice through my mid section, cauterizing as it slices, only a small spray of my blood escapes. I feel the pain, I feed off it, letting it strengthen me, but I know it?s too late. As I fall, I can only laugh, for my Master as already set in motion his plans. The Jedi will fall, and he will rule. My purpose was to serve him, and take glory out of those lives I destroyed. I?ve done my duty. The time will come will the Sith will rule and everyone will cower in fear. I help bring forth that day and as I die, I die not in vain.
    Yoda

3. yoda4982

Jul 10, 2002
    up, wonder where everyone went

Yoda

4. yoda4982

Jul 10, 2002
  5. yoda4982

Jul 10, 2002
    i'm uping this incase anyone else would like to take on the challege, not to take away for TMJ, this her idea of course, but for me its so much fun, so i am uping to give other a chance.

Yoda

6. REBADAMS7

REBADAMS7 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 5, 2001
    Ohh, now that's a sketch of someone who makde a big splash (no pun intended) and faded - I think we will get more comparison to him as we approach EP3
    UP
    REb

7. The Musical Jedi

The Musical Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 13, 1999
    By all means, write! 'Tis the nature of the challenge. I'll like the voice you've given Maul, his arrogance and confidence. Well written! :)

8. Darth_Ofidis

Darth_Ofidis Jedi Master star 3

Aug 13, 2002
    I thought I'd try my hand at this. Edit: Oops. I picked my character before I read the last Sketch, but It's from an earlier perspective so I hope it's OK. Sorry, yoda4982.

The door opens and I am revealed. My darkness reaches out to claim their minds. I do not need to see them to feel the sweetness of their fear, to know that they shrink from my strength like a candle flame in a gale. They are weak, they will always be prey.

But wait, two still have the temerity to stand before me? They are not like the others, their minds honed in the fire of adversity. They know the Force, they feel it?s power yet shrink from it, too cowardly to take their rightful due. Though they are predators, their teeth have been blunted. They are blind not brave. They refuse to see my true nature, my power. They are nothing, I have expected them and prepared.

Robes are discarded. The release of my dark cloak is as if a chain around my neck had been smashed free. I am glad at the release, I feel the hatred for these pathetic creatures, these Jedi? these prey. My anger flows, these hated things draw weapons against me. They think to challenge me? My own blades flash my acceptance.

There is a pause, a heartbeat of decision as we move together, preparing to weave a deadly dance that can only have one conclusion. I will teach them fear. I will not fail. I am a Sith.

9. REBADAMS7

Feb 5, 2001
    Ohh chilling
    well written
    Reb

10. yoda4982

Jul 10, 2002
    that was good, i like that, there does seem like alot was said in those silent moments right before the fight began...very evil.

Great Job, mine was more his death. it seems to me he didn't fear his death and everything i read he was trained to be a tool of evil, so its almost like he has one thought process. anyways great job

Yoda

11. yoda4982

Jul 10, 2002
    Just did this one, it just came to me.
    My life has a purpose, a meaning, he sits next to me. As long as I live I will protect him, watch out for him, and make sure he is safe. He is my friend, my partner, my trusted sole-mate. He loves a women and I to will protect her, she has earned my respect for she earned his. This is our ship, I take no credit for anything, we take the credit. I will die to save him and his family. I owe him my life, but he turned the life-debt I owed him into a friendship that will last. I love him, he is my brother.

I am powerful, strong. These mighty hands have seen many people tremble in their grasp. I frighten many, and am friendly to very few. New people have come into our lives and we have accepted them, we have saved them. A simple farm boy, a rebellion, and things we used to stay away from. I even befriended a golden droid. Why do I do these things, I am a fierce warrior, so are my people. I can bring people to their knees with a loud growl, and yet my heart has grown, now I know the greatness of friendship, the love of it too. Han will never betray me and I will never leave him. Luke is strong, but young, but he too help me save Han, so I owe him for helping and caring for me as well. Leia is Han?s love, and my life-debt to him will include her as well. I am pilot, warrior, a friend. I am Chewbacca.
    I would have done it in wookie, but i am not sure how many people can speak wookie.

YOda

12. Darth_Ofidis

Darth_Ofidis Jedi Master star 3

Aug 13, 2002
    great sketch of chewie, yoda.

I think what inspired me with the DM post was his animal nature, the pacing in front of Qui-gon when they were seperated by the energy wall. He looks like someone who thinks in terms of 'Predator' or 'Prey'.

13. yoda4982

Jul 10, 2002
    Thanks, i thought why hasn't anyone done him yet, so i did him.

and i agree with you about DM, he is all kill, not lets weigh the situation and then kill. Very much a predetor, if you have read the DM comic, it goes in to this more. He kills without thought. and after he kill qui, i expected him to lick his lips when he turned to Obi.

YOda

14. Padawan_Travina

Padawan_Travina Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 5, 2002
    Ok guys here is my first attempt at this..hope its ok...

I stood watching as my whole way of life came burning down around me. I stood miles away from my former home, and watched as it burnt to the ground.

The temple that I had called home was being reduced to ashes, as Vader and his men attacked. I could hear the screams of those that fell under Vader?s crimson?s blade. I tired to block that pain as each of their cries ran through my mind, before falling silent, but it was no use.

I quickly turned away from the scene in front of me. I knew that the future depended on me getting away. Soon this evil that was running rampant across the galaxy would be stopped, but for now it must run its course.

I quickly shield myself with in the Force, so that not even the strongest master could find me, and head to my ship. I nodded at the pilot who is waiting for me and quickly hide myself amongst the other refuges. I sadly watch as my only home gets smaller and smaller until it is no more.

I focus on my new life, which will be a life of nothing but solitude and loneliness.

Soon we reach my new home. The planet of Dagbooh. Here I will hide until the time for me to train the first of the new Jedi. As of today Yoda the Jedi Master no longer exists. He died with his friends. Now it is only Yoda the creature of the swamp!

15. Siri_Z

Siri_Z Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 16, 2002
    PT- Yoda!! wahoo!

Hmm i never thought of that before actually.. Yoda's POV as the temple goes down... interesting...

__

For every one else i missed way to many to address separetly, but each one was great! Good work all!

Till Later~
    Siri

16. yoda4982

Jul 10, 2002
    that was a great, yoda watches the temple go down, wow, very well written

Yoda

17. Rima

Rima Jedi Youngling

Aug 26, 2002
    We seem to be hitting many of the main characters, but what about the minor ones? How about some obscure characters?

I thought I'd try someone who's barely a character. I'm fascinated with the realationship between fathers and daughters, and this is a take off on that.

Mommy says I shouldn?t be scared. Daddy holds me up and says to be a big girl and watch Myri. I don?t want to. She?s just a baby and not good for anything. I want to go with him. I know that Daddy might die and Mommy doesn?t want to talk about that. When I grow up I want to be able to fly in a X-wing and save Daddy from the bad guys. Someday I will fly an X-Wing faster than anyone in the Galaxy. As fast as daddy does. But Daddy says that I have to stay home guard Mommy and Myri. For him I would guard Myri until the bad stormtroopers shot me and I died. For him I will fly an X-Wing faster than anyone. For him I would do anything.

Tha was Syal Antillies, still very young, while the war with the Empire is still going on (though definitely winding down at this point). Possibly during the hand of Thrawn series, as the Rouges are still fighting battles with the Empire and various malcontents. I assume that Syal (like most Star Wars children) is a precocious kid. And as daughter of the Galaxy?s top fighter jock, she definitely knows the difference between an X-Wing and a TIE Fighter.

18. REBADAMS7

Feb 5, 2001
    Even little ones are more aware than their parents realize - I remember what I thought about during Vietnam......hmmm perhaps that will give my muse some fire...
    Wonderful glimpse into the mind of a child
    Reb

19. ForceAchtungBaby

ForceAchtungBaby Jedi Master star 4

Jul 18, 2002
    Umm, found another challenge. Fun, just upping this from the bowels of the message board, until I can think of something to contribute.

20. Rima

Rima Jedi Youngling

Aug 26, 2002
    Up. Post? Please?

21. vader_incarnate

vader_incarnate Force Ghost star 4

Jul 29, 2002
    A random up. Anyone here? I'll post one sooner or later, but until then, UP.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.