main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Reference The Character Thread

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource' started by LightWarden, Dec 31, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BobaMatt

BobaMatt TFN EU Staff star 7 VIP

Aug 19, 2002
    I think Lorka Godyc is going to be in charge of the Mandalorians right now, seeing as how in canon he was in charge of the Death Watch in 19BBY and the Death Watch threw their lot in with Dooku.

2. The Loyal Imperial

The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2007
    That's actually a very interesting concept. Do the Wookiees apply the debt to outsiders, as well, I wonder? I don't think we've ever seen it discussed, which is rather unfortunate (always seems to be one-sided from their end). There's serious potential there.

3. Teegirloo

Teegirloo Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 26, 2005
    I seriously want to play can't think of which character still. [face_thinking]

4. spycoder9

spycoder9 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 23, 2008
    Ideas on Luke and Leia are good! I plan on playing Master Windu. I imagine he would be just as uptight as he was in canon. A little wore down, perhaps without hope. I planned on him being the master to Luke, but Leia could also be an apprentice. I imagine her as more of an apprentice to Yoda or simply not exactly following that line. As I have never played a Canon character, this would be a fun experience. Any idea on when you plan on starting, Matt? :)

5. DarthXan318

DarthXan318 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 12, 2002
    I also imagine the fact that their Chosen One was secretly married and had children (thereby breaking however many Jedi strictures) was also a strike. :p

Officially, yes, I'd say they would be treated like any other precociously powerful Padawans, but unofficially people would still remember that they once called Anakin the "Chosen One" ... and maybe Yoda still believes it?

6. JediDingo

JediDingo Jedi Master star 3

Mar 27, 2005
    I think it'd be interesting to see if Luke and Leia actually encounter a lot of dislike because of Anakin, and his death. Maybe a lot of Jedi were placing all their hopes on Anakin, and when he died they began to wonder if Anakin had just given them a sort of false hope. I think it'd be kind of neat to see Luke and Leia encounter some backlash from that.

7. DarkLordoftheFins

DarkLordoftheFins Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 2, 2007
    I actually never was under the impression the Chosen One was nearly as big in the SW universe as it was in fanon [face_laugh] So I thought people would have forgotten all about it, except the Jedi Council, probably. They would probably also feel something is "wrong".

8. DarthXan318

Sep 12, 2002
    It would be interesting if they did, yeah. Plus, I don't imagine Padme would let the Jedi cut her off from her children, so that would be another Jedi Stricture they're breaking... and yet the two of them can't be ignored.

9. Sir_Draco

Sir_Draco Jedi Master star 4

Aug 19, 2007
    I actually wonder what Padme will be up to? I mean she will be a political power, probably. Is she a pacifist? A pragmatist? Does she hate Dooku? How did she change? It´s a long time and things have not developed as they should.

And I am developing a very different take on Starkiller together with another player right now. But he won´t be a Jedi exactly :)

10. JediDingo

JediDingo Jedi Master star 3

Mar 27, 2005
    [face_skull] I think she should be a heavy drinker.

11. Sir_Draco

Sir_Draco Jedi Master star 4

Aug 19, 2007
    Actually I think playing her as a "damaged" person is not out of question. it has been 19 years and they were rough years, surely, were they? I actually think she might be a fascinating character to play . . .

12. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    I'm wondering why she'd be alive. She died of a broken heart before, right?:p

I'd contribute more to the discussion but I'm fairly certain my character is all on his lonesome.

13. Saintheart

Saintheart Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 16, 2000
    On a tangent, is Biggs Darklighter still around in this continuity?

If no Death Star, then Biggs survives, does he not? C'mon, boys and girls, is nobody going to play the Moustache of Doom? :D

14. The Loyal Imperial

The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2007
    Doom?

[image=http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20090702071460/starwars/images/1/14/Biggs_SWEMP8.jpg]

Clearly you mean the Moustache of Glory, second in rank only to the beard of Kyle Katarn.

15. Teegirloo

May 26, 2005
    Alrighty I'm going with Asajj Ventress. I think she will be alot of fun to play and bit different type of Sith than i normally play. She has an intensive yet flirtatious style.

16. Loocem

Loocem Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 25, 2011
    Has anyone considered Artoo or Threepio? I'd kind of be interested in playing both of them (not one, there wouldn't be enough to do).

Their personalities would be the same, as droids, but who would be their owner?

17. Teegirloo

May 26, 2005
    I played them a long time ago in an rpg. They were fun to play. I kept doing their little arguing all the time, having 3PO annoyed at R2.[face_laugh] That was a good time I must admit.

You gonna do it Loocem, that would be cool.:D

18. Loocem

Jul 25, 2011
    I would like to with permission from Matt. I'll need to watch the series with the intent of studying them if I want to do it though. That's why I haven't done any canon characters yet, because I know I'd be really anal about it.

19. DarthXan318

Sep 12, 2002
    I hear you on that, Loocem. First time I played Leia, I spent a couple of days watching the OT over and over. 8-}

20. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Artoo and Threepio are two characters you don't see played very often. They are forgotten in most stories, so I would love to see what you have in mind for them. I say go for it! :)

21. Loocem

Jul 25, 2011
    Who do you think would be their owners? I'd have to say it would be Padme or one of her children.

22. Teegirloo

May 26, 2005
    Well Padme, her kids would be if not them Bail Organa

23. Loocem

Jul 25, 2011
    Do we have any confirms on who's playing who? Because it would be easier to decide who the droids were with if say someone was playing Padme and Luke, but nobody played Leia. We might not want to give them to Leia in that circumstance.

EDIT:
    Wait? Why did Bail raise Leia if Padme isn't dead? Wouldn't she raise her own children?

24. Teegirloo

May 26, 2005
    If Padme is alive yeah she is raising her kids. But wouldn't her kids still be in danger being force sensitive an all. They would be wanted by the Emperor cause they are so strong in the force.

No confirmation on anyone right now.

25. DarthXan318

Sep 12, 2002
    Bail isn't raising Luke and Leia, no. Even if Padme doesn't raise them (like, I dunno, if our Padme player decides to go down the "omg depressed alcoholic" route) the Jedi would have taken them in. He might be their favourite uncle-figure, though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.