main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Reference The Character Thread

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource' started by LightWarden, Dec 31, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Loocem

Loocem Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 25, 2011
    So I think that the droids would be owned by Padme or The Jedi Council. That's just me though.

2. DarkLordoftheFins

DarkLordoftheFins Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 2, 2007
    I am eyeing Padme, actually. But only mildly. If anybody wants her, they should take her by any means. If I do it, it will probably more of a cameo, as I got a full schedule over the next month. And I would not go down the "OMG alcoholoic" route. Too much of myself in roles is never good :p

No, I think I would have made it a condition to the council that I am near them. And Loocem, TheSithgirly is doing Luke and Xany is doing Leia as far as I heard. And I think at least R2D2 should be with Luke. TSG hinted he got his fathers talent for flying? Then he needs an Astromech. But they might simply be family ownership.

3. TheSithGirly

TheSithGirly Jedi Master star 4

Apr 26, 2007
    After playing my female lover you now want to play my MOTHER? [face_laugh] Well, Fin I would love to see you as Padme.

anyway, R2D2 could very well be Lukes, then I think it might be boring for the player, as he would beep and make sounds while I am flying and stuff. So a family ownership would work fine with me. I wondered if Luke would begin not with an X-Wing but one of those:

[image=http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2733/4240890323_2f10b3b219.jpg]

:) Honoring his probably a little over-idealistic viewed father.

4. DarthXan318

DarthXan318 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 12, 2002
    At least the jump for me isn't so extreme - mentor to parent. :p

It would be great fun though Fins. You should! :D

5. DarkLordoftheFins

DarkLordoftheFins Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 2, 2007
    In my defense, you seduced me in ToRR! And what can I do that you play always guys and I am in my "let´s try to play girls" stage of life :p

Padme could be interesting. I kinda digged her in the PT, because she was the only character I flet had depth. She is a complete idiot, for reasons we all understand. She is in love. And I think that love taken from her would have made her a more sad woman. But the kids might have given her a reason to live, she never had when she lost anakin by his own doing. She keeps the memory of Anakin alive through them. It would fit perfectly with the "Luke-under-pressure" and Leia the pacifist idea. She WOULD want Luke to be like his father. And certainly she would instill her own ideals into Leia. I could imagine (to make things more interesting) that she lived closer to Leia than to Luke, so that her bond with her is stronger. As seeing Luke is always a bit painful.

6. TheSithGirly

TheSithGirly Jedi Master star 4

Apr 26, 2007
    Oh c´mon you wanted it as much as I did. :D

Seriosuly, looks like you got a good grip on her. and hell, we need someone like you to give a role like this some pepper. Go ahead, I say. even if only for a cameo!

7. BobaMatt

BobaMatt TFN EU Staff star 7 VIP

Aug 19, 2002
    After Rostu's Renegades.

Artoo's probably with Luke and Leia, at the start of the game, aboard the Tantive IV...which I'm beginning to think shouldn't be the Tantive IV at all...

8. LordTroepfchen

LordTroepfchen Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 9, 2007
    So, I got a go ahead of my character. And it someonbe many of you will know, but to whom you will find no wookieepedia entry. :D Let´s say, some of you are about face an old friend once again . . .

9. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Going back to the question about the droids, if Artoo is with Luke, wouldn't it make sense to have Threepio there as well? Or at least, with Padme. He was the property of Anakin and Padme before the memory wipe in canon. Makes you wonder if a memory wipe would be necessary here as well. If that's the case, then I guess all possibilities are open as to where Threepio ends up.

And Fins, it would be awesome to see you play Padme. If past games are any indication, it seems like you always end up being Xani's mentor or master in some capacity anyway. It's only fitting. :p

10. Loocem

Jul 25, 2011
    I think that Artoo and Threepio shouldn't be seperated by too much, maybe Artoo is working with Pilot Luke and Threepio with (Pacifist? I dunno if that's right) Leia?

11. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Right. I totally understand where you're coming from. It's a big reason why I've always paired Han and Chewie together within posts. That way, you cut out all the Wookiee gibberish and get straight to the translation through Han. It makes it a lot easier to interact with other characters and players. I imagine it'll be a very similar situation with Artoo and his beeping.

12. BobaMatt

Aug 19, 2002
    Alternately, just don't pretend the beeping/roaring isn't words.

13. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    Yeah, that's an essential conceit, or else you end up with

Artoo Detoo
    Wherever

"Beeeeeeeoooooo beep boop beedly beep," Artoo replied, his head swiveling on his body.

TAG: Some Mod Favorite

14. JediDingo

JediDingo Jedi Master star 3

Mar 27, 2005
    Just to throw the idea out there, and you guys can Lynch me if you hate it, but what if Padme did not make it to the safety of the Republic with both children? What if somehow Dooku took Luke or Leia? I think it'd be interesting to maybe even see Leia being trained as a Sith.

15. BobaMatt

Aug 19, 2002
    Considered it. Reminded me too much of AFaS, and the attraction of having something like a normal family life for Padme and the children was too great. Doesn't mean interesting things won't happen in that respect, though...

Right now I'm trying to decide what Grievous is after.

16. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    Well I'm in with a Yuzzem Antarian Ranger. And Matt brought up a good idea, does he know Chewbacca? Which made me think from reading the posts in here: If so did he help 'lean' on Han Solo to honor his Life Debt? as Yuzzems have similar loyalty beliefs to that of Wookies and if friends he would of supported him.

17. Sir_Draco

Sir_Draco Jedi Master star 4

Aug 19, 2007
    I think we got a surprising lack of villians so far. No Sith Knights?

18. BobaMatt

Aug 19, 2002
    I have pretty massive plans for one in particular. Oh, and Tee is playing Asajj.

19. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    That's an interesting idea. First of all, I'm glad to see that there will be another Antarian Ranger - I'm not alone! :p

As for Chewie and your Yuzzem character, I would have no issues if they were friends and if your character had a certain sway in convincing Han to honor the Life Debt. I just think it's cool to do a twist on that in general. The only thing I can see happening if Han is being 'forced' into his role is he may be spiteful or despise the Rangers and the work they tell him to do. That may even carry over to Chewie and your character as well. I guess that all depends on when everything initially went down and how much time Han actually spent within the Rangers so far(if he had time to grow out of that stage). As well as the circumstances that led to the Life Debt in the first place.

20. Loocem

Jul 25, 2011
    Yeah, see that's exactly what I was thinking (back on the Artoo Threepio thing). Without Threepio to translate Artoo, it kinda just looks silly. Obviously I can collaborate with someone if Artoo is the droid in their starfighter, but without a translator it's a bit bologna.

21. JediDingo

JediDingo Jedi Master star 3

Mar 27, 2005
    While I am hopefully playing Tobbi Dala, I think it'd be very fun to play an Imperial politician or a Moff. Are we restricted to one character?

22. The Loyal Imperial

The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2007
    The Emperor's itinerary?

23. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    Well I guess the friendship is fine then, although with the Rangers way of operating it could be more of a passive "Big Yuzzem thinks you should from afar." kind of thing then an active forcing of him to do it, or a mere voicing of his agreement and offer of aid to Chewie if he wanted it/asked for it. All depends on how you want to play Han Solo Han_Solo;)

24. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    Sounds great!

In terms of Han, like I said before, I want to keep his personality as close to the films as possible. I don't see his background being substantially impacted by the new events. Things will only really begin to change once he joins the Empire. What I really need to figure out is the whole Life Debt thing and the events surrounding that. I'm not sure if you(since your character is looking to be involved) or Matt had anything in mind, but I definitely need to do more brainstorming.

25. BobaMatt

Aug 19, 2002
    What I meant more was something along the lines of:

IC: Artoo

<<Master Luke,>> Artoo tweedled, <<shields are at 20%.>>

TAG: Some_Mod_Favorite
    Not necessarily.
    Death Star plans...coordinates...plans for cool new starfighter...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.