main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SNG The Charity Premiere ~after thoughts~ (NO SPOILER Pls)

Discussion in 'Asia & Africa General Discussion' started by lukedecop, May 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lukedecop

lukedecop Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 25, 2002
    Our Very First Screening :)
    [for most of us]

So how u guys feel about it, the place the venue, the crowd and Episode 3 how was it, good... cool... or George U Did it. The Saga is complete!

I just want to thank everybody for being there today, in support of the charity and its soooo good to see everyone again. All the Jedi's, Sith u guys ROX. Thanks also for waiting for me, my beard took longer then expected to grow. :p

May the Force be with You
    & Us for the upcoming days and weeks.
    Its going to be an Exciting Month. :)

2. DarthCrovus

DarthCrovus Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 3, 2005
    Honestly I thought the movie didn't really live up to all the hype. But than again, I was just too caught up in the moment to really watch it. heh.

I thought the lightsaber parts could have been done better. I mean in some of it all I saw was flashing lights and nothing else. =/

The crowd was great man, taking all the pictures, my eyes are still flashing. I actually felt like a star. MUAHAHAHAHAHAH

Too buzzed to think about it now, will post again tomorrow.

Sleep you must, young Jedi.

3. Yazid_Skywalker

Yazid_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 10, 2002
    call me a sissy/wuss but i somehow tears shed again , but only one time today. phew. MTV was exciting. hope my "i love u natalie" ending got on tape. hee.
    talk abt forbiden love :p . a jewish star and a muslim jedi. hehehe.
    anyways, i thot the event rocked. chancellor lee was there, altho he didnt say 'rise lord Vader' when i kneeled down b4 him. lol

4. DarthCrovus

Apr 3, 2005
    Oh ya! and where's Dooku? Man I got lots of pictures of you in my camera man! And I thought the camera was supposed to be taking pictures of me!

=p!!

5. Yazid_Skywalker

Yazid_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 10, 2002
    haha, still havent sleep sia we obsessed ppl. hey, if any nice pics send me ar. u go on msn??

6. DarthCrovus

Apr 3, 2005
    yeah i do,
    send you tomorrow can?
    Actually I'm gonna host it on Shutterfly website once I'm done editing some of the photos, some of them needs to be cleaned up a bit.

Yeah don't worry got quite a few of you too! =) Some nice ones too.

Oh and about MSN watch out for my new post

7. Faiz

Faiz Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 1, 2002
    well it wasnt just flashes for the saber, its just too ****in cheographed, well practised and fast. even for myself(which usually i'd be able to follow not just in this kinda show but swordplay movies). have to watch it at least twice to figure out wat happened. they tried to cram too much into it.

8. JaZzYjaZZ

JaZzYjaZZ Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 12, 2002
    Yea some of the scenes seemed to be played in fast-forward mode to make it 'cooler' to look at, but sometimes they went too far.

Back to the event itself, I'm sure everyone enjoyed themselves..it was really huge. So many costumers, a pity a few of us couldn't reprise their roles. :(

$150 well-spent? I think so

:)

9. Darth_Eagle

Darth_Eagle Jedi Master star 4

Jul 19, 2001
    My only complain is that in term of Pre-Start Presentation of the movie, AOTC one is better as everyone was put into the same theater instead of divided into 6 theaters. :(

Haahaaa, yes, I was being Kiasu as usual and don't want to miss anything.

About the movie, can really see some references from the OT like the intensity of the Final Duel etc.

So everyone notice all the different Easter Eggs like
    Lucas Cameo and the original Boba Fett actor?

A selection of the raw photos (as this PC don't have Photo Editing Programs) is being upload onto Photobucket rite now. For full selection, check out tomolo at the SW Party. ;)

10. Faiz

Faiz Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 1, 2002
    well the event was a bit chaotic, too much photographers and ppl in costume. and little space.

sad not to be in costume, but i was glad i could help out by being.... TADA! ERRAND BOY! *superman pose complete with external briefs*

11. xeno_kenobi

xeno_kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 4, 2002
    Georgie My man, he did it all right ! Oh ya, anyone noticed Easter Eggs / Cameo's - Jeremy Bulloch, Boba Fett in the OT, piloting the Tantive IV, George Lucas as some blue faced freak at the ball, Lietenant Faytoni, Anthony Daniels C3PO at the ball, the YT-1300 ( Millenium Falcon ) Cameo... WOOHOO ! GREAT NIGHT GUYS

12. InCogNiToFan

InCogNiToFan Jedi Youngling

May 11, 2002
    Yeah, the show rocks. And nice meeting mmost of you!

I have some of your photos too. Where can I post to?

13. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    If you have a Photobucket.Com or other online photo album, do upload them there and post the link here.

But I highly recommand you avoid Imagestation as got to sign up first to view others photo albums and this is irritating for those who can't remember their username & password or don't want to sign up.

I think this FanForce "Photo Album" at Photobucket can accomodate more photos.

14. InCogNiToFan

InCogNiToFan Jedi Youngling

May 11, 2002
    Had to shrink the size of photos.
    Here are the pictures

15. JaZzYjaZZ

Mar 12, 2002
    Look at Faiz's expression when he tries to put on those flowers! [face_laugh]

16. DarthCrovus

Apr 3, 2005
    LOL! Funny pictures!

Hey one of us should like collect all the pictures from everyone and place it all in one album on one website man. =p Only a suggestion

One Album to rule them all.

oh yeah and Dooku wherever you are, what's up with the trekie pic man!!!!

17. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    Now with my Debit Card in hand, I can help pay for the monthly fee for our website to get unlimited Bandwidth or large space etc, probably at Geocities. ;)

Oh! I forget to say, if anyone wants the actual size version of the photos from the group's "photo album" aka my camera, give me a buzz. ;) But be warn that it's about 1MB each unless I "change" its format using Paint. :p Not sure how the picture will be affected as I never printed a photo using its converted-by-Paint version.

18. DarthCrovus

Apr 3, 2005
    Paint you will use not,

Photoshop use you instead.

=p!

19. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    I actually use Adobe PhotoDeluxe to process photos before resaving them using Adobe Photoshop to get a smaller KB/MB size.

But strangly, when the photo source is my Digicam, there is little reduction in KB/MB size after being "processed" by both programs. Weird indeed. :(

Anyway, I can't process photos that often as the PC having both programs have screen color problems rite now; keep getting Fushia or Blue color Screen. :eek: And stupid PC have problems from internet access (I'm using Wireless) to CD-Writer to DVD-ROM Drive. :_|

Recently with Window 2000 Paint in this PC, I found that I can reduce the size of pictures greatly by resaving under the program. So far looks okay onscreen but donno how if printed out or something.

Oh! Let us make a list of fans who came in SW Costumes except for the Talents and us. :p
    - Corset Gown Padme
    - Emperor Palpatine
    - "Post Singapore Food Fest" Darth Maul :p
    - Tall Jawa (Think the costume is Rubies?)
    - 3(?) Jedi some of us met at AOTC Charity Premiere & ROTS LFL Screening on Sun
    - Tan Color Jedi (?)

Errr....I can't remember any more. :(

Except for the first 3, I don't have a picture of the rest.

20. DarthCrovus

Apr 3, 2005
    1. to reduce size of image you have to play around with well.....Image Size, found under Image>Image Size. But that means either resizing it to a smaller pic or.....reducing the resolution. Also if you have multiple layers, try Layer>Flaten Image.

2. I've just signed up for PhotoBucket. BUT.....posting the pictures as fast as I can. currently only got time to edit 2 pics of....well....myself! LOL!. Sorry will try more by this weekend ok. Sorry for the delay. Been and will continue to be a real hectic week for me, work and classes.

http://photobucket.com/albums/y226/DarthCrovus/Star%20Wars%20Epi%202%20Charity%20Premier/

21. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    You need to set is as a Public Album first. ;)

Oh! Am trying to maintain the same Image Size as the original tho' the amount of KB/MB it takes reduced. It used to be efficient when I used both PhotoDeluxe & Photoshop but not much effect when it's the photos from my Digicam. ?[face_plain]

22. DarthCrovus

Apr 3, 2005
    Hey De! if you're still online PM ME NOW!!! Need to check something with you urgent!!

23. JaZzYjaZZ

Mar 12, 2002
    DE - I would like the original picture files if it's not too troublesome. Maybe I can pass you my flash drive so that you can transfer over.

Btw, does anyone remember the Rambo Jedi?

:D

24. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    There is one?

Oh! How about that Dark Jedi some of you guys saw while at MacDonald? ;)

25. JaZzYjaZZ

Mar 12, 2002
    I thought the Dark Jedi was DarthCrovus?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.