main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Char, NC The Charlotte Separatists Chat Thread

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by RidingMyCarousel, Mar 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    I've had some very strange dreams before. I know I had one about a WWE Superstar protecting me. :eek:

Dreams are strange things at times.

2. TuskenFan

TuskenFan Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 5, 2005
    I lived in northern Jersey, in the Garfield, Saddle Brook and Elmwood Park area. I was about 40 minutes outside of NYC. I lived there all my life up until 7 years ago. My ex-wife was from NC. She moved up to Jersey and lived there with me for about a year but she did not like it. So I agreed to move down to NC and I loved it. And I've been here ever since.

3. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    /\ his delicate flower of an outdoor cat left us the entrails and head of a chipmunk on the porch this morning. [face_sick] Orignally the whole body was there but apparently she took off with that. [face_sick] [face_sick] [face_sick] [face_sick]

4. Jedi_528

Jedi_528 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 30, 2006
    Jada

Whoa that sounds like a rough thing to deal with first thing in the morning. There was a stray cat I used to feed back when I lived in Jersey, and this cat every so often would bring me a dead mouse and leave it on my front step. Evidently, this is a cat's way of saying "Thank you...here's a gift for you!" Well, not to be ungrateful or nothing, but I usually would prefer a good music cd or something for a gift! LOL!! Anyway, see ya tomorrow...

5. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    Mice I don't mind but chipmunks are like little friends! :(

6. cathiecat

cathiecat Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 24, 2005
    I wanted to drop in and say hello!!! So

HELLO!!!!

7. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    [Old Ben] Hello there [/Old Ben]

Everyone, this is the CR for Tucson, cathiecat. cathiecat, this is everyone :p ;)

8. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    Right back at ya!! [face_coffee] [:D]

9. Jedi_528

Jul 30, 2006
    Cathy
    So nice of you to drop in...HELLO.
    How's it going in AZ? I loved the cactus when I visited out there....:cool:

10. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    Cat is another fiesty redhead like me [face_laugh]

So today we paid our neighbor's daughter and her boyfriend to come cut the jungle that had become our yard. What did they find? A copperhead. A little one but those are usually more dangerous.

[face_worried]

11. darkladypurplepencil

darkladypurplepencil Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 16, 2006
    Yikes, Jada, I would flip out if I saw a copperhead in my backyard.

So, how's everyone doing?

Farrell

12. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    My ex husband once hoed a copperhead to death in the front yard, it was attempting to climb the side of our home to get away ... some odd seven feet long and scary as all get out!!!! I do NOT like snakes.. god bless my fiance' he loves them... go figure.

and yes.. I am a fiery and tempermental red head.. or so I am told quite frequently, though currently the fiery part could use some influx of color.. LOL

13. TuskenFan

Jan 5, 2005
    Did he wear fishnets and a tight skirt? ;)

14. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    And I was going to ask if that was the reason for the "Ex" part. :p

PurplePencil, minus the snake incident we are all doing well.

Although we are on the hunt for the missing favorite stuffed animal. [face_worried] I don't know who would be more heartbroken - me or the child.

15. RidingMyCarousel

RidingMyCarousel Jedi Master star 6

Feb 20, 2002
    heh, I met Hama at DragonCon this past weekend. w00t!

16. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    Hama rocks! \m/ :D

It is chilly in my house [because I live with a polar bear aka TK-2970 who likes it cold] and I'm wearing very thick cozy socks. I liek socks! :p ;)

17. RidingMyCarousel

RidingMyCarousel Jedi Master star 6

Feb 20, 2002
    It's freezing here at my uncle's in Alabama. I need to get some pants while on this trip or I might just die.

18. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    Did someone say . . . PANTS!!!! [face_dancing] 8-} [face_clown]

And in the other thread you said you were in TN. Which is it? AL or TN?

19. Jedi_528

Jul 30, 2006
    I just ordered my copy of ROTS--Labyrinth of Evil. Should be in about a week from now. Does anyone have any favorites on the Extended Univ. stuff? I just found a whole set of The New Jedi Order series!! (remember this is still new to me...the EU stuff, that is!) That will probably be my next "for pleasure" reading. Anyone ever read any of them? Opinions??

20. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    Hmmmm, I did a lot of pre-NJO reading before reading the NJO. There is a lot of EU history referred to in the NJO so it might end up being confusing to read some of the books and not know the characters.

I'd recommend reading the following series of books before reading the NJO:

Truce at Bakura
    X-Wing series
    Thrawn Trilogy and Duology
    Jedi Academy Trilogy

Granted, I just told you to read 15 books before reading a 19 book series. :eek: :p

21. TuskenFan

Jan 5, 2005
    If it's ok, I am going to start a thread regarding the book club because I have a few questions for everyone and I figure we can keep track of the books we are reading there and also have discussions about the books we are reading. Ok? :confused:

22. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    It is certainly hard to come by a complete set of NJO these days.. if you have the funds to buy them do it.. but don't start reading them yet.. LOL

I have to agree with Jada on this.. I feel many books are Prerequisite before starting on anything from the NJO.. or they are not quite as enjoyable a read as they will be otherwise... and just to add this in.. please when you get to thinking about reading Outbound Flight, make sure you have read all the previous books involving Thrawn.. or you will ruin a lot of enjoyable reading in the future.. Outbound Flight is one of the best SWEU books I have ever had the pleasure to read.. but to read it before reading the Thrawn trilogy, or duology.. or certainly Survivor's Quest would be a shame.

I would start with those that Jada mentioned..
    Truce at Bakura
    X-Wing series
    Thrawn Trilogy and Duology
    Jedi Academy Trilogy , as well as some of the comics from the same timeline period..

read as close as you can to the actual timeline.. but don't worry about starting with the PT instead of the OT.. in fact a nice thing about it.. the EU books are similar in nature to the OT/PT order of appearances.. if you read the books that came before the battle of Yavin first.. then you don't tend to enjoy them as much as you will if you read them after you get through many of the after the battle of Yavin books.. but again... this is just my personal opinion.

23. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    Yeah, when I first started reading EU books I randomly picked up an NJO book and started reading and was like "What the ?" :eek: :confused:

I went back started reading stuff way before the NJO series and I'm glad I did.

24. Jedi_528

Jul 30, 2006
    Hi everyone!
    Thanks for your input on the book series. I needed the help! I also just got "Jumper", the novel upon which the film will be based on (it's only now started filming so don't look for that right away). It's also sci-fi. Between novels and teaching manuels it looks like I shall spend many a evening getting cozy with a good book (one of my favorite things to do!)

short mention on Jumper
    http://www.ropeofsilicon.com/news.php?id=4367

25. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    [face_blush] [face_blush] [face_blush] [face_blush] [face_blush]

I thought Jumper was a book/movie about horses.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.