main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

THE CHASE>>>>>

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by kitarusapien, Aug 1, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kitarusapien

kitarusapien Former RMFF CR star 6 VIP

Nov 19, 2001
    As I came to, I heard the snow crunching underfoot. I summoned all my strength, sat upright, and Force-punched the approaching figure with everything I had.

2. kitarusapien

Nov 19, 2001
    If I had the Force powers of the other Jedi, the individual would have crumpled to the ground, but my adversary was only sent backward a few steps.

3. kitarusapien

Nov 19, 2001
    I could see the figure was staggered, and I threw my blade at it without hesitation. A wild hissing occured as the blade passed cleanly through the target's torso....I recalled the blade thus.

4. kitarusapien

Nov 19, 2001
    Momentarily, the figure shuddered and stepped forward, then plummeted onto his face. I noted the AT-AT was not moving, so he must have been alone.

5. kitarusapien

Nov 19, 2001
    Slowly, I regained my bearings, and made my way to the corpse. Carefully rolling him onto his back, I noted he was wearing no uniform, although the AT-AT looked in prime Imperial military condition.

6. kitarusapien

Nov 19, 2001
    "What was he doing out here in this Force-forsaken icefield?! And more importantly, why the assault?" I contemplated as I gleaned his clothing for some ID.

7. kitarusapien

Nov 19, 2001
    I happened upon a small vid player, and a disk. Upon it was the mappings for my province.....and my dwelling!

8. kitarusapien

Nov 19, 2001
    Finding nothing more, I went to the AT-AT, and investigated further. Within, I noted a transmission that led me to believe that he had been enroute to my abode when he learned of my travel.

9. kitarusapien

Nov 19, 2001
    Apparently, he then plotted an ambush. But, it takes quite a vehicle to hot-drop an AT-AT.....and he didn't look the type to own such a craft outright, which lead me to wonder who had fronted his efforts.

10. kitarusapien

Nov 19, 2001
    I notioned that if his comrades came to follow up, I'd need the AT-AT for a time. I buckled in, familiarized myself with the controls, and fired the mech up.

11. kitarusapien

Nov 19, 2001
    Clumsily at first, I maneuvered the AT-AT north again, but left the radar passive....no sense in announcing my presence.

12. kitarusapien

Nov 19, 2001
    The power levels on the AT-AT were nearly maxxed out, so the drop area must have been close by. I thought about doubling back on it's own tracks to find the deceased's cohorts, but the mission seemed to loom larger for me now, so I trekked on.

13. kitarusapien

Nov 19, 2001
    With the substantial drop in temperature, it was easy to keep the AT-AT running at speed. But with the severed lower actuator, I calculated that I would reach the Straits in about 18 hours.

14. kitarusapien

Nov 19, 2001
    Normally, I would have rested before then, but in leui of the circumstances, I pushed on, using any ice formations for cover.

15. kitarusapien

Nov 19, 2001
    About twelve clicks from the Straits, I pulled up, and starting looking for a place to ditch the AT-AT.

16. kitarusapien

Nov 19, 2001
    One of the iceflows had a hollow section, so I backed the AT-AT in, and shut down.

17. kitarusapien

Nov 19, 2001
    After egressing the cockpit, I noted an overhang of ice, which I dislodged with my Katana; it fell all about the AT-AT, leaving only a small section at the top clear.

18. kitarusapien

Nov 19, 2001
    "It will be difficult to detect under all that snow and ice" I surmised.

19. kitarusapien

Nov 19, 2001
    Snow was falling again, so I knew my tracks would vanish soon. I moved off toward the village at the Straits.

20. kitarusapien

Nov 19, 2001
    Never the neat dresser, I knew my attire would not draw undue attention, but I couldn't help but think that my assailant had others watching out for me.....I had to be on my guard.

21. kitarusapien

Nov 19, 2001
    A passerby coming into town from one of the remote villages gave me a lift on his speeder.....thank the Force it was only a short distance.....I had to ride outside on the flatback.

22. kitarusapien

Nov 19, 2001
    Upon reaching the village at the Straits, I hopped off, offered my benefactor compensation, which he refused, and made my way to the hover-ferry depot.

23. kitarusapien

Nov 19, 2001
    Since the depot was Imperial-run, I'd have to be very cautious. I force-spoke to the guard, urging him to let me pass on my ancient fake ID card, which he did.

24. kitarusapien

Nov 19, 2001
    I remained hooded, shuffling slowly through the crowd, until the hover-ferry lifted off. I then made my way to the stern, where I awaited it's arrival at the western station.

25. kitarusapien

Nov 19, 2001
    Staring off the stern into the grey waters of the Strait, I could feel eyes upon my back, but when I looked about casually, no one was focused upon me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.