main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub The Chewbacca and Han Solo Fan Club

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Rainbow Knight Star, Jun 11, 2005.

1. Ludo_Kressh

Ludo_Kressh Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 30, 2005
    Hmm, haven't been to a comic shop in a long time...I don't buy comics much anymore. But it sounds good, when does it take place?

2. GuNgAnFaN3090

GuNgAnFaN3090 Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 16, 2008
    I'm not into comics. I would read them if they had a good story. But my brother tried to get me to read one of the ones with that Cade Skywalker guy and I hated it. [face_frustrated]

I need to see if I can find that Han one. I'm going to the mall soon. I'll let you guys know what I think if I find it.

3. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    I'm not really a comic person myself, but anything set in the classic era and features the Big Three, I'm all over it.

This story is set 2BBY and apparently it's the first story in an ongoing series. The next one's supposed to feature Han and Leia, so I'll probably pick that one up too. Sounds like it could be a fun read.

4. Rainbow Knight Star

Rainbow Knight Star Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 18, 2005
    :)

I just want to say that I appreciate all of you who participate in this club, whether you are a member or not. I never knew that this planet could be such a hot topic. I got the idea from reading some of the information about it on the Star Wars wiki.
    I'm glad I suggested it.

Unfortunately, I do not get to read those fun comics. Will someone please PM me with details about this Han Solo one? It sounds great.

5. GuNgAnFaN3090

Oct 16, 2008
    I'm going to the store this weekend. I'll grab it and tell you guys what it's about without giving spoilers in case you want to read it yourselves.

EDIT: Also, it's easy to participate in a club that has the best Fan Club president. :D

6. Rainbow Knight Star

Apr 18, 2005
    There are two important dates to remember.

On June 11, 2005, the Chewbacca Fanclub was created by prj1.
    On May 27, 2008, the name was changed to "The Chewbacca and Hansolo Fanclub."

Thank you for the complement, Gungan. I do my best.

7. Ludo_Kressh

Jun 30, 2005
    That she does!:D Wow, you created it like 2 weeks before I joined the boards, awesome![face_dancing]

8. GuNgAnFaN3090

Oct 16, 2008
    Wow, I'm glad it was changed to the Chewie and Han instead of just Chewie. I like them both too much and they should get a fan club together because they're great buddies.

9. Rainbow Knight Star

Apr 18, 2005
    I think that we should do something special on these two days. Any suggestions?

10. Ludo_Kressh

Jun 30, 2005
    Maybe post some Han and Chewie pics and make funny captions for them?(I think we did this before but it was pretty funny)

11. GuNgAnFaN3090

Oct 16, 2008
    We should all put on the same userpic of either Han or Chewie (or both) to confuse people! [face_laugh]

12. Rainbow Knight Star

Apr 18, 2005
    Yes, I like the pic idea. Please be sure to write descriptions of each pic for those of us who are visually impaired.

It can be Han, Chewie or both characters. Other star Wars characters may be included, but han, and/or Chewie must be in the pic.
    I think that's fair, right?
    Anyone may post a pic in here; member or not.
    Agreed?

13. Ludo_Kressh

Jun 30, 2005
    Oh, of course, joy...gods, I keep forgetting.:oops: And photoshopped ones would be cool too(although I don't have PhotoShop and don't know how to use it.[face_worried] )

14. Rainbow Knight Star

Apr 18, 2005
    That's okay, Ludo, but I wasn't just thinking of me. There may be others who have vission problems, on the JC, and the descriptions would benifit them as well.
    What about making it a contest, and getting it put in the next " Mod Squad Around the Boards Update" to get the word out?

We could start the contest on Thursday, May 21, and let it run through Wednesday, June 11.

Agreed?

15. GuNgAnFaN3090

Oct 16, 2008
    That sounds awesome! [face_dancing]

16. Ludo_Kressh

Jun 30, 2005
    X2:D

17. Rainbow Knight Star

Apr 18, 2005
    [face_dancing]

Excellent! I guess I can PM an SWC mod, and they can be sure it gets in the next MS update. I don't know when the next one will be posted. I hope it's not too late, but if it is, there is still time.

Don't forget our next fan fic contest coming up in July; July 1 through July 31.
    IMO, it's not too early to start working on those fics.

18. GuNgAnFaN3090

Oct 16, 2008
    Another fic contest? That's cool! I'm sure that I can do something with that much of a warning. :)

19. Rainbow Knight Star

Apr 18, 2005
    Yours Truly may even post a fic this time.

20. GuNgAnFaN3090

Oct 16, 2008
    That'll be great! Maybe we can get a bunch of entries!

21. Rainbow Knight Star

Apr 18, 2005
    I am so so very sorry, fellow Chewie fans. I should have done this last thursday, but I totally forgot.

The Chewbacca and Han Solo Pic Contest is underway.

All JC members may participate.

Rules:

1. Each contestant may only submit one pic.

2. Each pic may include other SW characters in it, but Chewbacca and/or Han Solo must be in the pic, or that individual will be disqualified.

3. Each pic must have a written description below it for the benefit of those who are Visually Impaired.

4. The contest will end on Friday, June 12, 2009 at 12 :00 am board time.

5. No redundancy. Each pic must be different.

6. Contest voting will begin on Friday, June 12, 2009 at 12:00 am board time.
    Please PM all votes to prj1. The President may only vote if there is a tie. Voting will end on Saturday, June 13, 2009 at 12:00 board time.
    The pic with the most votes will be the winner.

Let the competition begin, and may the Force be with you!

22. Rainbow Knight Star

Apr 18, 2005
    Just a reminder to all. The pic contest is underway. the deadline is posted above in the rules. Time grows short.

23. Rainbow Knight Star

Apr 18, 2005
    No one participated in the "Favorite Pics" contest.
    :(

I am restarting it today. It will run until July 3, 2009. The rules are posted above.

Come on, guys. Let's see some pics.

24. GuNgAnFaN3090

Oct 16, 2008
    Sorry Joy, I forgot. :( I'll see what I can do.

25. roguegirl

roguegirl Jedi Master star 4

Aug 29, 2001
    Can I ask you guys a question? How's Lowbacca related to Chewbacca? I'm aware that Lumppawaroo is Chewie's son.I read that in one of my books.