main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

NSWRPF Archive The Children of Camaxtli: Prophecies and Covenants

Discussion in 'Non-Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by Darth_Elu, Jan 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Vaders_cousin

Darth_Vaders_cousin Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 12, 2004

IC: Jay Bryce
    3 Gun Saloon - El Paso - Texas - (soon to be...)Confederate States of America

Jay sat at a round table in a Saloon he'd never been to, in a city he'd never been to, with men he had never met, and wouldn't have it any other way.

He was dressed in his usual, being as it was the last clothes he had left. He wore his old black Gambler's hat, an Ace of Spades tucked into the hat band. He donned a high collared white shirt, with a black vest over the top of it, from with hung a chain, presumably attached to a pocket watch in one of the pockets. Black denim and and boots matched his black gun belt, and a long frock (Wyatt Earp Style) completed the ensamble. He held his cards, all stacked in a single pile, in his left hand, his right tilting a glass of whiskey into his mouth.

The first rounds of betting were done with, and it was time to show. From what he had gathered, the men were all local yokles, save for one who's name he could have sworn he'd heard before. Cullen Baker, sounded awful familiar...

A two-hundered dollar pot sat in the middle, not a single man with a coin to spare. And each laid their hands down one by one, each trumping the next. Finally, it had come to him, and Baker. Baker laid first, A flush, diamonds. With a grin, Jay sat down his glass, and scratched his chin as he laid down the cards. Full House, Aces over Twos. The dead man's hand.

The rest came in a flash, Baker kicked the table over, Bryce clinching his right arm, which had been scratching his chin, fully, sending the small golden derringer into his hand, he quickly dropped it, and leveled it at Baker, who was grasping for his pistol.

"Fair Game..." Bryce said smoothly, unblinking, unmoving.
    "Ya Cheated. T'ain't no way you had tha' hand." Baker said equally calm, hand resting on his pistol. Bryce seemed offended, though, before he could reply, another patron, presumably a friend of Baker's, landed a bar stool across his back, sending him crashing to the floor. Suddenly the name Baker sounded REAL familiar. Killer.

As he scrambled to his feet, wincing in pain, the noted the guns trained on him, five, maybe six in all. He'd lost.

"Take it. Just let me leave peacefully an' we can all get on..." Bryce said, clinching his arm again and returning th esmall pistol to it's rigging. No need to die over a card game...
    "Keep yer hands up, and walk out slowly stranger...and don't you never show yer face in her 'gain." A voice said, Bryce willingly compling....

-----------------------------------------

Two days later, parched and broke, dying of hunger and exhaust, he found himself lost in the middle of the desert, New Mexico he assumed, with no hope for survival. He blanked for a moment, falling off his horse, who kept walking in a delerious manner. As the world closed in around him, he could hear buzzards wings flapping over head, their circling shadows making him dizzy. Then nothing. Death...or not.

Hours later he came to. What brought him back was anyone's guess, but most likely it was the distant voices, the vision of a small mass of persons. Maybe a mirage, but maybe hope.

Gracelessly he got to his feet, staggering in their direction. Not far...he could make it...just a little more...

It wasn't long before he was within calling range, screaming to them in a horce voice, he waved his arms wildly.

"Hello out there!" He called, "If you ain't a mirage, I'd be kindly askin' your assistance..." He exclaimed, just before watching the brown earth rush to his face once more, deciding this was far worse than being drunk, and hoping they could see him, hoping they heard him, and hoping to God they weren't a figment, or worse, Indians. Scalps were fetching 200 pesos in a little town on the Mexican Border, and he really like his hair were it was...

Tag: All

2. Zedd-Vega

Zedd-Vega Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 13, 2003
    Ciro Del Olmo

Somewhere in the New Mexico desert

The Mexican nodded, tipping the large brim of his sombrero to the man, his dark eyes hidden beneath the shadows of his large headwear. "Watch those prickly fiends. They'll sneak up on you. There's one big one out there, got me good." Ciro replied, leaving himself over to Kathleen for medical treatment, plucking one or two spines from his arm before marching over. However, the strange man appeared to have a feminine grace about him. "Maybe one of them northerners from Nuevo York."

TAG: Kathleen, others gathered

3. greyjedi125

greyjedi125 Chosen One star 6

Apr 29, 2002
    Ismael

New Mexico Desert

Only after Ismael neared what he thought were a few lost travelers as himself, did he realise the error of his calculations. There were more than a few 'lost' traveleres here. How could there be so many lost people in the same place?

There were clearly at least half a dozen individuals gathering on the same spot. Ismael slowed his appriached once he noticed that they were all armed. He narrowed his eyes as he regarded them with caution and more than a little suspicion mounting, but after a moment, he came to realise that they did not seem to know each other and had one thing truly in common.

Somehow, they had all become lost in the desert, and they all seemed equally surprised to have found each other.

Honestly, Ismael did not know who to approach first. He was never good with people, much less in large groups. Viewing the man that lost an 'argument' with cactus had brought some amusement to his eyes, but his attention was drawn when a nearby lady spoke.

"Careful now. Looks like a cactus got you...I have some medicines to help with that...if you would allow it, Sir?"

She was obviously speaking to the man with the cactus problem, but her mention of medicines had caught Ismael's ear and his interest. Perhaps she was a traveling medicine woman. Perhaps she would be able to help his dying father, but there was no way to know that at the moment.

A glint of hope shone in Ismael's eye as he took a few steps towards the lady with the medicines. He did not fail to notice that she was armed with tow revolvers that adorned her hips.

Ismael came to a stop several feet from her and nodded in her direction.

"G'day M'am." He said clearly, but with down cast eyes. He was not to proud of his sullied appearance at the moment. Ismael suddenly felt his insatiable thirst return with a near vengeance. It was almost overwhelming. All other thoughts and considerations were driven from his mind as he began to scan each of the arrival for water containers. He certainly was not about to forget his manners and yell for water, though he had to admit he was tempted to do so. His thirst was quite debilitating.

No, he would not give in to such base behavior. He had to remain faithful and confident that the Heaven's would show him a way. Out of all those gathering, someone had to have some water.

Then he saw it.

The man with the mule. He was gulping down water from his canteen liberally, as if the precious liquid would never run out. Ismael's eyes fixed themselves on the man's canteen, almost as if hypnotized. He was suddenly very aware of his drry lips and achingly parched throat.

Temptation immedialy came to him. Ismael shook his head, resisting and crossed himself in a warding motion. He bowed his head, closed his eyes and said a silent prayer.

"Amen..." he whispered outloud when he'd finished.

Composed once again despite his need, Ismael decided to remain quiet and observant as more of the lost travelers gathered. He was confident that an opportunity would present himself to him, preferably before he passed out.

Tag: Weary travelers

4. spacelady

spacelady Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 16, 2003
    OOC: greyjedi125, could you redo that post? Kathleen is known as a man. Thought I had made that clear. No one will find out until later.

5. Darth_Elu

Darth_Elu Chosen One star 7

Jan 2, 2003
    OOC: It would have been fine to continue, Cesar, but that is well. ;) As for you Elliott, why is it soon to be the CSA? The American Civil War is over. :p Ended officially six years ago. ;)

Anyway, here's a little something to show I'm back.

Leon Jacobs & Shiloh Keith IC:

Leon moved through the desert for a little bit longer, not much at all, feeling close to the point of beginning to stumble every step. He was already stumbling after all, but only occasionally so far. When Shiloh would ask about it from time to time, he'd say it was normal. Shiloh did it too, though not as much.

Leon however, kept his gaze on the other people approaching, there seemed to be a good amount. It was...astonishing really. Shiloh was watching them too, remarking from time to time. He didn't really perk up until Shiloh mentioned that someone was not very far to the right of them.

He looked and there was another man with a horse, with horribly tied down supplies on it, not very far to the right. And being engaged in sparse conversation with another lost person.

Leon took a few more steps, with Shiloh following before finally stopping and taking a good look around him at the converging people, who all seemed relieved to find others. And puzzled at the same time. Just like him and his companion.

"Why be there so many people here, Leon?"

"I don't know, Shiloh. I really don't. Confuses me actually."

"I don't like it when you're confused."

"I don't either."

When Shiloh then mentioned a woman being in the area as well (Genny), Leon perked up a bit more. Not out of possibly being a womanizer, for he was not, it was more out of concern. What was a woman doing lost way out here?

He located her and furrowed his brows, it was a young looking woman just catching up with the rest of lost people. She looked like she hadn't known what she had gotten herself into. Frankly, Leon didn't know what he himself had gotten into coming out here.

Shiloh looked around and moved cautiously over to the woman when she finally approached, "You be doing ok, miss?"

Leon himself couldn't move, only stand where he was and think. He was about ready to wave everyone together and hold a conference...but he wouldn't really know what to say other than: "You too, huh?"

Tag: Everyone

6. starwarsbeauty

starwarsbeauty Jedi Master star 4

Feb 1, 2005
    IC: Genny

The group of people was getting closer and closer. Genny was gettting excited out of hope that they may be able to help her. Finally she could make out many shapes and realized many of them were men, if not all of them.

A tall man with dark hair approached her. He was wearing a nice brown coat and he looked nice enough, but Genny was a bit concerned. She did not know this man and who knew what his intentions were.

"You be doing ok, miss?"

Genny sat up straight and began to smooth her hair. She had to at least try to look presentable. Attempting a smile, the woman nodded her head.

"Thank you for the concern, sir. Oh and yes, I am alright for the most part."

The thought of her mother telling her not to talk to strange men appeared in Genny's mind. Etiquette did not matter here.

Tag: Shiloh, all

7. Darth_Vaders_cousin

Nov 12, 2004
    ooc: Awaiting Your Reply....

8. greyjedi125

greyjedi125 Chosen One star 6

Apr 29, 2002
    Oh wow...my deepest apologies Spacelady, that totally escaped my mind. I really shouldn't be posting when I'm so sleepy. Hmmm....I'll edit and repost as soon as I get a chance, please ignore that post until corrected. Thank you.

9. Darth_Vaders_cousin

Nov 12, 2004
    OOC: Dang, I knew I had my dates wrong again....Oh Well...

Pit of Carc--erm...Desert, New Mexico

Apparently, not a soul in the group could hear him. As he was blacking out and all, it occured to him that maybe it was a mirage...such a large mass of people...it had to be...

At any rate, he becan to claw his way in that direction, to no avail. Then it came to him...well...a few things came to him.

The first was that it would have been a good idea to take the heavy frock coat off this morning, rather than leave it on. The second was that it would have been a good idea to bring a canteen of water rather than a flask of whiskey, and the last idea, the only one of any use, was that he had guns. Grasping at his belt he pulled one of the peace makers out of it's holster and fired two rounds in the air.

That'd get their attenion...hopefully they didn't shoot back.

10. spacelady

Mar 16, 2003
    IC as Hunter

"Watch those prickly fiends. They'll sneak up on you. There's one big one out there, got me good."

Kathleen eyed the man from under her black hat and from above the black bandanna. Good thing she had it costumed made before she left town to have clips in the back...to keep it from falling down due to her horrible tying skills. She raised an eyebrow at the man's statement as he approached her, yanking out two needles in his arm before reaching her.

The woman in disguise as a man mentally grumbled as she leaned down and yanked the brown bag off the sandy ground and lying it flat across her horse. She pulled out minor medicines and began applying them to him quietly. She kept her head low as if concentrating on the medicines, but really being uncomfortable about how close they were. It was not just him. It was anyone and everyone...well to those who did not know her secret of being a woman.

Turning her head slightly, her brown eyes scanned the rest of the people and noticed the man who was with the other one, standing alone. All he did was look around silently. She partially wondered if he was okay, or if he was always this..quiet or shy. Shrugging the matter off, Kathleen returned her focus on the man she was helping.

Suddenly out of the blue, shots were fired and Kathleen immediately dropped the bundles of medicines and yanked out her pistols at each hip. She turned to find a lone man not too far away from the main group and cocked them both. She held one aimed at the man and the other relaxed...slightly. Who knew what was going to happen next, and it was always good to be prepared.

Kathleen gave a moment to the man and realized he was clearly not going to do a thing to harm them, lowering the pistol that was aimed at him. The only reason why she did not have her hands on her revolvers before was because she could read the people she was around at the moment and knew they were all lost...especially that silent one with brown hair.

Tag: Ciro, Jay, Leon and Everyone

11. Darth_Vaders_cousin

Nov 12, 2004
    OOC: JSYK: I was layin' down...

Desert

Jay clambered to his knees...yup, That' got their attention real well.

He holstered his weapon, and removed his long coat, feeling better already. He held it in one hand, and got to his feet, staggering towards the group, moving erradically, and trying not to fall over again.

It wasn't long befor ehe got there, but to him, it seemed for ever. He stumbled into the middle of the group, and fell flat on his face, rolling over with a groan and looking to a quite feminine man who was fixing up another of the group.

"Beggin your pardon...and I didn' mean to scare ya...but I was wonderin' if ya'll had any water." He paused, wondering if maybe they didn't speak english. "Frag...what's the mexican word...Adua...ajua...ackwa...Agua...tha's it...uh...Much Agua Por Favor..."

12. spacelady

Mar 16, 2003
    OOC: Just to let everyone, Elu's computer has been hacked and has a virus in it. [face_plain] From what he's told me, it's the kind that steals all of his personal information and he's working to correct it, therefore his computer time and online time has been cut dramatically. As Co-GM, feel free to pm me with questions, concerns, that type of thing. ;) :p

13. spacelady

Mar 16, 2003
    IC as Hunter

Kathleen watched the man get to his knees and begin towards the group, while keeping about half concentration on the others. She was about to shake her head and then go back to fixing up the man she was helping, but noticed how much trouble he had walking toward them.

Before she could go to him and help him over, he reached the group and fell on his stomach. Her eyes went slightly wide and was about to holster her guns to help him up, but stopped yet again when he rolled over onto his back.

"Beggin your pardon...and I didn' mean to scare ya...but I was wonderin' if ya'll had any water." He paused, wondering if maybe they didn't speak english. "Frag...what's the mexican word...Adua...ajua...ackwa...Agua...tha's it...uh...Much Agua Por Favor..."

The woman kneeled down and pulled out her canteen that was wrapped over her arm. She helped him sit up and handed him the water.

"There's not much in it - take the rest." She said in a manly voice yet again and patted his shoulder.

As soon as the man drank some, Kathleen stood and turned back to the man she was helping just before. She leaned down and picked up the medicines she had dropped when she pulled out her guns and went back to applying them to his wounds. A few minutes later, one of the medicines ran out. She frowned at it and tucked it away in one of the pouches on her horse.

"Good thing I got these for free..." she mumbled under her breath.

After driving a group of bandits out of a town, they gave Kathleen...well Hunter, several bottles of medicine for free, as a reward for her courage.

Tag: Jay, Ciro and Everyone

14. Darth_Vaders_cousin

Nov 12, 2004
    Desert

Jay gladly took the canteen and drained the contents in a few single gulps. He'd learned to drink fast after years of drinking whiskey before someone else wanted some.

He replaced the cap on the canteen, and stood, if a bit woosily, holding it out to the "man".

"I'm much abliged their...sir." He said the last word cautiously. If it was a sir, it was a VERY feminine sir. It was the hair...it just seemed off...and the hands...they looked too small, too soft.

He pushed it out of his mind. No need to insult the person who saved his life.

"So," he began, looking around "Quite a group you've got here...where ya'll headin'?"

Tag: Hunter

15. spacelady

Mar 16, 2003
    OOC: Just because I didn't make this clear in the beginning, Kathleen or "Hunter", is completely covered up, even her hair. :p The only skin showing is the skin around the eyes. Like I said earlier, try not to suspect it too much, but you'll all find out later on in the rpg. :p

IC as Hunter

Kathleen pulled out another bottle of medicine and began to apply it to the man, when she heard the other man sitting on the ground get up. She looked back at him and stabilized him with a firm hand on his shoulder. When he seem better, she took the canteen from him and put in it the pouch of her horse.

Just as she turned to continue with the man, she heard it.

"I'm much abliged their...sir."

With a small bit of hesitance, Kathleen made a fake sneeze to cover it up. It was clear that some were suspecting her, but if she played her cards right, they would soon forget. So, she slowly looked over her shoulder at him and gave him a firm nod.

"So," he began, looking around "Quite a group you've got here...where ya'll headin'?"

"We aren't together, sir," Kathleen replied, focusing on the man she was helping, "We just kind of...approached each other."

The sun shone down on them, just as harshly, and sweat beads began to build up around her forehead and cheeks. Gah...it was so hot...especially with the clothes she was wearing and the dark colors soaking up all the heat. She felt like she could either faint or die because of the heat. Maybe...maybe she could get away and finally remove the hat, gloves, bandanna, and over shirt? It would do quite a bit to help, but...not enough. The desert was relentless in its heat, until finally, Kathleen's strength just gave out. She collapsed down onto her butt and sighed.

She lowered her head and rubbed her forehead and closed her eyes, hoping the others could forget about her being there. And just before anything good could happen, the brown bag that was tied onto the saddle of her horse dropped and landed next to her. Lifting her head up uneasily, she glared at the bag.

Tag: Jay, Ciro and Everyone

16. Darth_Elu

Darth_Elu Chosen One star 7

Jan 2, 2003
    OOC: I have returned. And I must state for the record: That I hate all viruses and potential hackers. They will be hunted down one by one. :) I shall post when I can.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.