main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends The Children of the Future (post-NJO/AU NJO ending) *Update 6/24*

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by jaya02, Apr 3, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jaya02

jaya02 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 12, 2002
    This story is based on the fact that the Yuuzhan Vong conquer the Star Wars galaxy, but not every singly corner of it. While we do not know the ending of the NJO, I doubt very much that this is what it will be. It takes place 100 years after the end of the NJO series. That said...

Legal Disclaimers: I do not own any of the characters mention in this story that have originally been created by the authors employed under the publishing service of Del Rey, Bantam, or any of the original characters created by George Lucas himself and his crew. All my original characters are copyright, and if you ever wish to use them in the future, please ask me first. :)

For Reference:
    After the Yuuzhan Vong decimate all of the Galactic Federation of Free Alliance's military fleets, the Hapes Cluster's military, the Imperial Remnant's military, and the Chiss military, it proceeded to enslave most of the known galaxy. Over a period of a hundred years, most of the planets in the GFFA are transformed into the ideals of the Yuuzhan Vong. There is no trace of machinery, and everything is made of biological elements.

Satsified with the conquer of their promised galaxy, the Yuuzhan Vong set up their government. While the Overlord remains the dictator of the galaxy, each system has it's own dictator, who answers to the Overlord himself. On a side note, the structure or Yuuzhan Vong society is that the Warrior Caste is ranked at the top (and you most be a warrior to hold governmental office), with the Intendant Caste right below it, then the Shaper Caste, followed by the Worker Caste (which is made of all the Yuuzhan Vong civilians who are not part of any of the above or below), and finally, at the bottom of the sociological food-chain: the Shamed Ones.

During the reign of Overlord Shimrra, all the transformation of the planets took place. Thereafter, each system was inahbited, according to the structure of the castes, creches, and who held favour with who. While some divisions of the priests were able to control whole sectors, other were only allowed a planet or two of their own. This caused internal rivalry between the priests, and this dispute still has not been resolved. The same applies to the Intendant and Shaper castes.

As for the infidel slaves, they have been assimilated in Yuuzhan Vong society, although they have a lesser status than the Shamed Ones. They can never hold their own job; they must always be working for a Yuuzhan Vong. They also have no rights, and the courts and the Yuuzhan Vong Gods look down upon them with scorn. The only reason the Yuuzhan Vong tolerate them is because they are a good work force, which enables the Yuuzhan Vong to colonize more newly discovered planets, and only them to have more recreational time while the infidel slaves do their dirty work.

As for the different infidel species, many more have been added to the list. While marred with despair, the infidels of the galaxy tended to start reproducing with others that were not of their own species. This, coupled with the different climate conditions taking places on numerous worlds, caused new species to arise. Some of them are mutations, adapted better to the new climates, others are new organisms produced, cause by the changing environment on the millions of planets. Not all are sentient, however.

Unfortunately, the Jedi are no more, or as far as the Yuuzhan Vong know. Right after the conquest of the promised galaxy, the Overlorrd Shimrra held a grand ceremony located on the galaxy's capital, Yuuzan'tar, where all the Jedi were sacrificed; the climax of the ceremony was the dual sacrifice of the Solo twins. However, Master Luke Skywalker and his wife were smart enough to hide their only son, Ben Skywalker, with a special task force group that was sent away to the edges of the galaxy to hide from the Yuuzhan Vong.

There were several of these task forces. Sent in all different directions towards the ends of the galaxy, their objectives were to maintain the original traditions of the galaxy before

2. jaya02

May 12, 2002
    Ruusan Skywalker trudged along the gassy sloped of his family estate. While many believed to be so lucky to be part of a family that owned so much land, he took a different view of the subject. For him, having to help out on a family farm and work in his uncle's mechanic shop half of the time really took the life out of him. Not literally, of course, but sometimes it felt as if his filled-to-the-seams agenda would be the end of him; he wouldn't be surprised if he died at a young age of a type of stress disorder. Although, being twenty years old, he supposed he had already passed that "young age".

As he opened the back door into his family's house, he immediately the sounds of his younger cousins playing in the play room. While many families lived seperate from each other, his family, which included his uncles, aunts and cousins, all lived together under one large, large roof. Smiling to himself, happy to hear that his cousins were content in their games, he made his way down the stairs into the lower level of the house, where his room was located. However, as he walked down the narrow hallways, he passed by his room and went to the refresher first to wash up and get ready for the nightime meal.

Back in the family kitchen, with its open window and clean, sandstone walls, Ruusan's mother, Rahi, was busy putting the finishing touches to the dinner along with her two sisters-in law; she only had a brother, no sisters. Meanwhile, the men of the family had already seated themselves around the dining room table, eagerly awaiting the evening meal. Such was the occasion on every night, for these meals were a time for the family to be all together and share the pleasures of their day's events. Infact, by the time Ruusan had arrived in the dining room, in a clean tunic and pants, everyone was already seated at the large dining room table, which was able to seat twenty people, but only sixteen chair were placed there.

"What took you so long?" Rahi asked, scowling at her son. She never appreciated his lateness for dinner. Neither did her husband.

"You should know better, young man," he chided, giving his eldest child a stern look.

Ruusan shrugged his shoulder and sat down in his usual spot, which was right next to his younger sister; she was his one and only sibling, and they had always had a good relationship. She winked at him knowingly as he took his seat, and then ventured forward with a topic to start off the dinner discussion.

"So has anyone heard what Tekk did today?" she asked, knowing that no one hadn't. Immediately, the discussion began, and the dishes of hot food were passed around to eagerly awaiting recipients. Ruusan, who normally enjoyed the dinner talk, was particularly quiet this evening. For him, it had been a troubling day; he had just learned that his best friend, Mogue Fen, had joined the planet's small, but well-trained military.

Ruusan wasn't upset that his best friend had left him; it was quite the contrary. He was delighted that his friend had been able to do what he had dreamed of for years, except, that had been Ruusan's dream too. He wanted to learn to pilot a starfighter, become a flihgt officer and eventually make his way up the ranks. He wanted to soar through space, not be stuck on the ground like most of the planet's population. Therefore, he envied his friend, and was expecially upset with his father for not letting him go along and join.

Ruusan's father, Kamus Skywalker-named after one of his grandfather's guardians, Kam Solusar-noticed his son's sullen face and inquired about it. "What's the krankana is wrong with you?"

Ruusan looked up sharply, having just been startled out of his silent reverie. It took his brain a few moments to register then question, and then formulate an answer. "Oh nothing," he lied, "I'm just tired."

Kamus, who was just as force-sensitive as his grandfather, as was his son, snorted at the obvious falsehood. "Why don't to tell me the truth?"

Ruusan looked down at his plate for a few quiet moments, then looked his fath

3. jaya02

May 12, 2002
    I know this is starting out slow, but the pace should get faster as the story moves along. But I had to set the pretence for everything. :)

4. Moff_D

Moff_D Jedi Master star 5

Aug 3, 2002
    Well, this I gotta see... ;)

Hey, I like it. I like the family penchant for impatientness you show in the young Skywalker (I assume it is the same family). Keep going. :)

5. Rogue_Ten

Rogue_Ten Chosen One star 7

Aug 18, 2002
    Mogue Fen? [face_raised-eyebrow] ... [face_laugh]

Very excellent. I'll have to follow this. I like the way the resistance works in a sort of cell-system. And Kamus and Ruusand are good names. :D

6. jaya02

May 12, 2002
    Psst. Rogue, it's Ruusan...can you guess where I got that name from? Anyways, thanks for the positive feedback and encouragement, guys. But just to let anyone know, I don't mind criticism at all; I appreciate it very much, for I feel it'll help me become a better writer. So express you thoughts freely! :)

7. padawan lunetta

padawan lunetta Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 15, 1999
    Very nice start Jaya, the emotions in it were great. Is this your first?

8. Rogue_Ten

Rogue_Ten Chosen One star 7

Aug 18, 2002
    Sorry about the typo. And yes, I know you got Ruusan from the planet Ruusan, site of the final battle between the Army of Light and the Brotherhood of Darkness. :D

9. ZaraValinor

ZaraValinor Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 31, 2002
    Oh, keep this up. We need a new update. I love the comparisons to Ruusan and the other restless Skywalkers.

10. jedi_enigma

jedi_enigma Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 16, 2002
    ::Looks at post thoughtfully; then turns to author.:: Interested I am. Continue you shall. :D 8-}

11. jedi_enigma

jedi_enigma Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 16, 2002
    Up!
    Damn OOMP! 8-}

12. jaya02

May 12, 2002
    I'm sorry! I just have a lot going on in RL right now! But I'll try having another post up sometime this week....perhaps even today. :)

13. Spike2002

Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 4, 2002
    Enjoying what you've done so far jaya. Keep it up!

14. jaya02

May 12, 2002
    Ruusan picked up the pace a bit as the road took a sharp turn downwards, heading further deeper into the valley in which the capital city of Nalom IV flourished. He inhaled and exhaled, the rythm of his breathing matching the landing footsteps as he accelerated into a jog, then a run. Whenever stress came crashing down on him, he found that any sort of exercise could calm him down. There was that, and the fact that running tended to get him faster to his destinations due to the fact his father rarely let him borrow the speedcar, or the speeder bike, a fact which continuely annoyed and aggravated Ruusan.

Within twenty minutes the young Skywalker had made it into the edges of the city, where a small industrial and commercial section was located. Not too far north of it sat Nalom IV's military command headquarters, with its many facilites, hangars, landing pads and docks, storage warehouses, and few residential buildings spreading out from the command center in each direction to form a radius of a mile.

Ruusan looked longingily towards the military section of the city before he flew down a short path to his uncle's garage. Knocking on the back entrance's door, he waited until Hay'il Gom, once of his uncle's employess, opened it for him. The near-human gave the young man a smile; Ruusan visited the garage almost everyday and therefore all the employess there knew him well.

"How's your uncle?" Hay'il asked cheerily, wiping some greased on his dirty, smudged uniform.

Ruusan shrugged indifferently. "Eating dinner with the family."

"Oh? And why aren't you?" questioned Hay'il as he let the young Skywalker brush past him into the dim hallways with impatience.

"I don't feel like it," was Ruusan's simple but firm response as his voice trailed off as he moved farther away from the back entrance.

When Ruusan came into the man bay where all the employees were working away at damaged vehicles and starships, he scanned the large, domed room for his friend Tekk. Sometimes his friend would come down around dinnertime to bring the evening meal to his father who worked at the Skywalker garage.

Seeing his friend leaning against a relatively old heater, relaxing and holding his father's dinner as the man continued to patch up a speeder bike, Ruusan made his way over. Catching his friend's eye before he reached the speeder bike, Ruusan grinned, and received the same reaction from Tekk before he gave him a pat on the back.

"Hey! I haven't seen you in a couple of days!" Tekk exclaimed with a wide grin. "Were you've been?"

Ruusan's eyes twinkled, and motioned for his friend to follow him out of Tekk's father's earshot. Tekk's father was acquaintinced with Ruusan's father, and Ruusan didn't want to risk the escape of his secret.

"I've been flying some tests for the military," he whispered to his friend once they reached the other end of the bay.

"Oh? How did you do?" Tekk asked with obvious interest. He had known Ruusan since they were toddlers, and knew that although he wasn't great at flying, his friend was amazing in any cockpit.

Ruusan smiled. "Top scores."

"So they're going to let you in?"

Ruusan sighed. "Not yet. You know that anyone under twenty-one needs parental consent, and my old man...."

"Will never let you go," Tekk finished for him, shaking his head knowingly. "Boy, you're old is tough. Can't he see how much you enjoy flying?"

Ruusan shifted his weight to his right leg, pondering the question; it was the same question he had been asking himself for months. "I guess not," was his lame response.

Tekk gave him a slap on the back, then said, "It'll be all right. At least Mogue got in."

Ruusan's eyes met Tekk's. "You heard about that already?"

"Yup. News travels fast among our friends."

Ruusan just shook his head with amusement, knowing his friends all too well.

"I say we head to the Pit and take back a few with the boys," Tekk suggested after a comfortable silence.

"Sure."

Tekk nodded, went over to give his father his dinner, then made

15. Spike2002

Feb 4, 2002
    That was good.

*cough* its do'rik vong pratte BTW.

16. Moff_D

Aug 3, 2002
    I was wondering where you went. ;)

Nice addition, good ending too. Surprising :D

Mogue...that still cracks me up when I read it. [face_laugh]

17. jaya02

May 12, 2002
    :confused: I have no idea what you're talking about, Spike 2002.....
    ;)

Oh, and didn't you recognize Tekk in there, Moffy? But thanx. :)

18. Spike2002

Feb 4, 2002
    Jaya: I musta been drunk again :p

19. jaya02

May 12, 2002
    Spike2002: Yeah, that's what I thought. ;)

20. Spike2002

Feb 4, 2002
    Hey, update man!!!

21. jaya02

May 12, 2002
    *Ahem* I'm a female, Spike. 8-}

Shivers ran down Ruusan's back when he heard those merciless, cold words. Perhaps they didn't have as strong of an effect on his friends, judging by their reactions via the comm system, but the harsh words awakened some buried, distant memory inside his subconscious. Although he couldn't figure out any specifics from his re-awakened memories, he could make out the cold, fearful emotions radiating from them. It sent chills all over his body.

Peering out the starfighter's viewport, Ruusan inspected the newly arrived starships to see if he recognized anything about them. They were not sleek like Nalom's vehicles, but rather bumpy and....lifelike. Some had tendrils snaking out from the center of their bodies and....That's when it him. Bodies. These starships were living creatures! And while that would surprise almost anyone on Nalom, it only reawakened some other long-forgotten memories inside of him.

While everyone on Nalom IV was educated about the Yuuzhan Vong, it's military, culture, and religion, no one, except some scouts, had even seen a Yuuzhan Vong ship. But now that Ruusan glimpsed that living vessel with his own eyes, he knew what it was. The Yuuzhan Vong had come.

"Hello? Hellllooooooo......" came Tekk's voice over the comm. While Ruusan had slipped into a short reverie, he had barely registered the conversation, or the attempts at conversation made by his friends in an effort to communicate with the newcomers.

"Maybe they don't speak Basic," Sari suggested.

"Maybe they're other survivors from the other outposts!" exclaimed Tekk in return, getting very excited at the thought.

Only Ruusan and Mogue remained silent. Each of them had their own ideas about the newcomers, and they both reached the same conclusion; the Yuuzhan Vong had found the Nalom system.

Ruusan was quick to open a private channel to Mogue once he cleared his thoughts. "What should we do?" he inquired.

"Uh....I'm not sure," Mogue responded dumbly. "I'm simply a pilot." After a few more seconds of silence, he added, "Perhaps I should contact ground headquarters."

"That'd be a good idea," Ruusan put in, obviously annoyed with his friend's lack of quick-minded intelligence.

While Mogue tried to make contact with headquarters, Ruusan examined the new arrivals from his viewpoint. They were certainly alike as to how they appeared in his nightmares. The pulsing veins, barely visible from the distance, the voids racing all over the bodies....

Dor-ik vong pratte. What did it mean? As much as Ruusan knew that somewhere, tucked away in the farthest corner of his subconscious lay the meaning of those words, he still couldn't recall it.

Sighing, he let his eyelids drop slightly, when he suddenly saw something slip out from the living vessel closest to him. Quickly opening his eyes, he followed the small-what should he call it?-scout's path. After a minute or so, he quickly realized that the scout ship was heading straight towards him and his friends.

Widening his eyes, he quickly commed his friends. "Guys, we've got company coming our way."

The other three saw the scout ship, and having fear injected into their hearts at the unfamiliar sight, they started rambling and yelling over the comm about what they should do.

"Just run!" suggested Tekk with annoyance. But Ruusan distinctly heard the fear in his voice. Shaking his head, he quickly analyzed his options. One, stay and risk being attacked or simply making a good welcoming party. Two, run and risk getting blown to bits from behind, or making it back safely to Nalom IV. However, the problem with the later was that if these newcomers were enemies, then Ruusan and his friends' retreat would simply lead them straight to the outpost. Ruusan knew that he could not let that happen.

"Ruusan man! Come one! We've got to get out of here!" shouted Tekk over the comm.

"No," he replied evenly. The calm in his voice surprised him. It wasn't

22. Moff_D

Aug 3, 2002
    Hey Jaya, long time no see ;)

Nooo! Not Tekk!
    Ok, it wasn't that upsetting to see him go...if he is really gone that is. :D

This is a fun story, and you have some good action in there as well. You're pretty good at this writing stuff, I hope you get the chance to add on more frequently. :)

23. jaya02

May 12, 2002
    Thanks Moffy. Yes, in this story, Tekk is gone for good. No matter how invincible they think they are, droids can be destroyed! (Inside joke) Dont worry though, I'm not gonna pull a Stackpole here. ;)

I'll try and update more often, but I have an extremely busy life right now, more so than usual. :)

24. Spike2002

Feb 4, 2002
    [face_blush]

Uh, sorry. Good update though

25. jaya02

May 12, 2002
    Lol it's alright. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.