Discussion in 'EU Community' started by ROE_Biggs, Mar 29, 2002.
Yeah...it's quite possibly the most well-thoughtout book I've ever read.
It's true, Frank really did think a lot about what he wrote, even in as much that he came up with religious texts and copied word orders from other languages. He was a very intelligent man.
The Tolkien of the Science Fiction world, if you will.
Hmmmm, I think I'll have to check this out. Do you think I might be able to use it as a book for my Literary Writing class?
By the way if you still want me to I am now fully willing to be the senator.
Well, we can get you into the Senate after the voting should you want to be Senator still, as we do qualify!
And we'll all vote for you.
Won't help much, I don't see me winning if I'm honest.
Ahh well. It's one of those everyone has to do once. This is my once. Then I can get back to flinging things and looking stern.
You'd be a lovely Chancellor, Rhi.
You have as much chance as anyone there.
So I like the Chiss, and stuff.
I like my icon. She's a very lovely Chiss woman.
I think I'll keep her around until Wiggins creates a hot Chiss guy or something.
*points at self*
Oh, my holy deathstars.
Wiggins created you??1??
That explains a lot.
Like my utter hotness. Yes.
Certain...other things came to mind first.
I'd like that Chiss icon better if it weren't Hilary Duff.
Hilary Duff is a Chiss?
That explains quite a bit.
But yet only raises even more questions.
I'll have to check and see if the voting is over in EUS, and Rhi could you tell me what to do or do I just show up and declare the rightful assention of the Chiss and their fanclub to grace the EUS with our superior coolness?
I shall announce you as Senator, if that's easier and show you the ropes!
Thanks Rhi! I really appreciate it.
Sorry for the double post but it's time for an update from the EUSenate already.
First, a message from s65horsey our new EUS Chancelor
Howdy! Greetings from the Senate.
Despite Sinre still having colors, he is not still in charge. In fact, you, the community is in charge. The tours have been opened up in the Senate and I personally invite each of you to come to the Senate thread and post your thoughts on the last election.
For the members who have been around for awhile, things ran a little differently, so tell us if you liked it, hated it, what was good, what was bad, what we can improve on. Hopefully the elections will continue to stay open in the future, so we need to know your thoughts. The Senate would also like it if you regularly participated. It should be a place for all users to speak their minds about ideas, not just Senators.
For the newer members who perhaps haven't seen an election before, stop in and tell us what you thought of the process. Does it scare you? If so, why? What can we do to make the Senate less scary?
Things that will be discussed: Were there too many candidates? Was anything confusing? What do you prefer, two, three, or four candidate? Did you not like any of the candidates? If so, what was missing that you?re looking for in a leader?
Second, Now that Lit has announced its spoiler policy for Inferno, Heres the announcement of the new spoiler policy for EUC. It's more relaxed than last time, so hopefully that'll help lessen some of the concerns that users had with it.
EUC Spoiler Policy
1. No pre-release spoilers will be permitted. Discuss spoiler content in the Literature spoiler thread only.
2. All spoilers must be Highlight-To-Read from the date of the book's release to one month after the release. No spoilers in thread titles. All HTR spoiler posts must also come with a visible spoiler warning. If these caveats are complied to, then spoiler discussion is permitted.
3. After one month, the spoiler ban will be completely lifted, to coincide with Lit's lift.
4. Any spoiler signatures or usernames will be edited.
5. First violation of spoiler policy will result in a PM warning. Second violation will result in a ban, and we'll go from there.
For informative purposes, here is Literature's spoiler policy:
Lit spoiler policy posted:
1) Same one official thread bit as before. No spoilers outside of this thread for the novel.
2) At DAY OF release, we get a review thread put up as well (spoilers allowed).
3) At DAY OF release, users may request to moderators to start a new thread with a particular subject from the novel. This will be done in a limited capacity at the moderators' discretion.
4) At TWO WEEKS beyond release, spoilers are allowed outside of the official thread in HTR-only.
5) At ONE MONTH beyond release, spoiler period ends as normal.
In addition, normal rules apply: signatures and usernames are subject to all of the above.
That is all for now, look forward to some more Chiss full discussion.
Great work there Mitth!
If you do need help, just ask me, I honestly don't mind!
Right, after much debating last night, I've decided to do a series of Chiss themed pictures that I'm going to print out and send to Timothy Zahn to say "Thanks" for getting me into SW and strengthening the Imperial cause!
I'm doing one male and one female of every house (Aristocra royalty style!), along with a house insignia (because I think they'd need one... ) and my sketch design of the subterranean housing of the Chiss.
If you have an idea on how they'd look, tell me! The more ideas, the better!
Sounds great, Rhi.
I suppose a bit of OBF/DNT (they described Chiss Houses there, correct...?) researching is in order.
This sounds like an absolutely smashing idea! I do look forward to viewing any of these images and perhapes I can begin research to see about adding input Rhi. Though it might take a bit with University taking presedence these days.
I start Uni too I fear, which is why I asked for a little input/help!
I'll certainly try to if I can find the time, Rhi.