main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

THE CHOICE: Will Anakin have the chance to kill Palps? * No Spoilers! *

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by Garth Maul, Apr 6, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. USTommie

USTommie Jedi Master star 2

Sep 12, 2002
    Thinking about the throne room scene in ROTJ, doesn't Anakin/Vader have to do something or have something happen to him that makes Sidious/Emperor trust him? Either the Emperor has a lot of faith in Vader or he's incredibly stupid during ROTJ when he's cooking Luke right in front of Vader. The Emperor is making a heck of an assumption that Vader would just stand by and watch as his son gets fried.

I think Anakin's dark side turn has to be of his own free will. Sure, it can be due to a twisted sense of right and wrong - Lucas is obviously modelling the PT with Anakin as the typical tragic hero. There was a good thread that specifically talked about Anakin as the tragic hero, but I think Anakin/Vader has to do something to warrant the kind of trust (or at least not mistrust) we see in ROTJ.

2. Darth_Sacrilicious

Darth_Sacrilicious Jedi Grand Master star 2

Apr 30, 2003
    . The Emperor is making a heck of an assumption that Vader would just stand by and watch as his son gets fried.

yes. "your over confidance is yours" but i think the mirror will be, luke had a chance to kill the emperor and didnt, for the better, although he tried to, anakin had a chance and chose not to, for the worse, until he kills him in ROTJ. asside from being cool when he eventually kills him, it will be that much more powerful if it's a making the right choice this time sort of deal.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.