main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Chosen One (And it's not Anakin Skywalker) (Concept by me, story by Jedi_Knight_Satine)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Leah-Beth, Jun 8, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Leah-Beth

Leah-Beth Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 6, 2002
    This was an idea that I've had floating around in my head for a while, but I can't figure out how to get a story out of it. This is just what I had:

Reca looked at the anxious Tahiri, wondering how the fifteen-year-old would handle the news that she had to deliver.

"Tahiri, you're pregnant."

Tahiri's shout was so loud that it could be heard as far away as two bulkhead doors and in the head of every Force-sensitive on board the Errant Venture. "How could that be? I've never had sex!"

Reca waited until the girl calmed down before answering. "Your child is the Chosen One. The one to bring balance to the Force.

"I know that you're wondering what I'm babbling on about, so I'll explain. The Chosen One is an old Jedi prophecy. He would be born of mother and midichlorians, or the Force. In the old Order, everyone, including the Jedi Council, thought that Anakin Skywalker was the Chosen One. Either everyone was wrong, or there are two Chosen Ones."

"But...how?" Tahiri asked in a pitifully small and vulnerable voice.

"You told me, that before Anakin Solo died, he had the Force so strongly around himself that he glowed. Now, here's my theory. Anakin knew he was going to die. On some subconscious level, he used to Force to manipulate your reproductive system, impregnating you. He must have known how badly you would grieve, but he knew that having a child would give you a reason to live. He knew that you could handle it."

"But what will his parents think?" Tahiri demanded. "How will they react to a teenager having their dead son's child? I mean, especially now, with Jacen missing and Jaina slipping away more and more everyday."

"I don't know how they'll react," Reca conceded. "You just need to tell them, and don't worry about their reactions. It's not your fault that you're pregnant. As a healer, and your doctor, I'm under a contract of strict confidentiality. I can't tell anyone what's been said in here today. Except for Master Skywalker, and only because of the circumstances surrounding this child's conception. But I'll only tell him if you won't."

"Give me a couple of days," Tahiri told the healer. "I need to let the news sink in a little before I tell anyone. But I will tell Master Skywalker first."

"Don't wait too long to tell him," Reca advised. "If you do, he, and the other Jedi on ship, will be able to sense the baby through the Force. Tell him soon, Tahiri."

Tahiri nodded, slipped down off the exam table, and left the room, Reca watching her receding back.

BTW--In case you couldn't tell, Reca was a Jedi Healer that escaped the purges. Don't aske me how, I never got that far. Oh well.

2. Sara_Kenobi

Sara_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 7

Sep 21, 2000
    I hope you plan on continuing with this. I never read anything like this before. It's great! :)

3. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    Wow what an interesting concept, keep going/

4. Leah-Beth

Jun 6, 2002
    I might keep going...if I get the inspiration again. But even if I do, I want to get done with Falling and Fallem first.

5. Jedi_Knight_Satine

Jedi_Knight_Satine Jedi Padawan star 4

May 5, 2002
    WOW! You'd better keep going! i'll keep this up intil you finish the other one. If you want!

6. Leah-Beth

Jun 6, 2002
    Sure, why not? I'm using up all my creativity for Falling and Fallen.

7. Tahiri

Tahiri Jedi Master star 4

Apr 9, 2001
    Lol, I've heard lots of crazy rumors like what's happening in this fic going around in Anakin Solo threads, but it's interesting that someone's actually writing it happening. You've caught my attention.

8. Leah-Beth

Jun 6, 2002
    I'm probably not going to write this, at least for a while. Anyone who wants to use this idea and/or Reca are welcome to. I'd be interested in other people's ideas.

9. Jedi_Knight_Satine

May 5, 2002
    i would do it if someone else does it with me...
    unless you're going to finish it...

10. Leah-Beth

Jun 6, 2002
    I probably won't do it on my own. If you want to do it with me, PM me with your ideas. We can make this work. :)

11. Jedi_Knight_Satine

May 5, 2002
    cool! now all I gotta do is think...the hardest thing to do...I'll try to PM you later whenever I get back.

12. Jem907

Jem907 Jedi Youngling

Jun 10, 2002
    omg! I love it already! Somebody here better write more soon!
    ~jem

13. Leah-Beth

Jun 6, 2002
    Don't worry, Jem, JKS and I are planning on doing some sort or collaboration to continue this. As soon as we get something, it'll be posted. :) Just keep checking back!

14. Jedi_Knight_Satine

May 5, 2002
    I'm going to up this so I can find it tomorrow. Hopefully my first chapter will be going up tomorrow. *nervous smile*

15. Jedi_Knight_Satine

May 5, 2002
    Here's my first chapter. Ever. Hope you all like it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tahiri numbly walked from the medic's office down to her room. The walk wasn't very far. There, on the Errant Venture, the kids from the Jedi Acadamy were placed in between the two places that would be neede the most: the mess hall and the medic.

On the way she passed Anakin's room. The father of her child's former room. She pased and looked at the door, debating whether or not to go in. Everything inside still remained the same as it was when he was alive. Or so she was told. She just couldn't bring herself to go in at the time.

'Just too painful' she thought, wiping a lone tear from her emerald eyes as she moved on. A couple of more doors over was her room. Her and Anakin were never far apart. She dialed in her code and stepped inside.

The lights turned on as Tahiri entered her room. She dimmed them and then slowly sank into a chair.
    'Pregnant? How could that EVER be possible?' she thought. Her and Anakin were never in a intimate, physical relationship and she certainly was never in any with any other man. Anakin was her first love. And her only love.

"Prophecy." she said out loud to herself.

Still it had happened before. To Anakin's great-grandmother. Tahiri pondered this for a while. Tears began to fill her eyes again.

"Who makes up these stupid prophesy's anyway?!" She asked, angerly. "Anakin Skywalker's mother's case is completely different from mine! I'm only 15! I'm not ready to take care of new life yet! Oh Force, Anakin, I need you now!"

Tahiri burst into tears, wishing Anakin was there to hold her. Just to hold her as she wept...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hours later, Tahiri finally calmed herself down. She hesitantly opened up her mind and body to the Force. She slowly made her way to where her child now resided. Before she entered, she took several deep, relaxing breaths. There. She was ready. She took a step inside and felt the aura of new life.

The first think Tahiri felt was Anakin's presence combined with hers, bit it was unique. It had it's own unique life presence, something no one else in the galaxy had. It was unique. Special. Perfect.

Right away, Tahiri felt love. She loved this tiny, perfect, newly made being. Was it a boy or girl? Tahiri asked herself. She couldn't tell just yet. She gave it a loving caress with her mind. It didn't respond. Then Tahiri crept out, leaving the new life, as if she was afraid to wake it.

Tahiri pulled herself back to her surroundings. The lights were off and her chrono suggested that it was late. She had the confirmation she did not need in the first place: It was definetly Anakin's child. If only he were here to experience what she just had. They would be a family. That reminded her of something else.

"Oh Force!" she sat up in her chair. Anakin's parents and family! How was she supposed to tell them? How could she? It's not every day that a 15 year old virgin walks up to you and tells you she's having your dead son's child. Who in the name of the great bantha would believe her? How were they going to react. Would they even believe her?

For the upteenth time that day, Tahiri was absolutely terrified. She also felt exhausted. How would they truly know that she was telling them the truth about her and Anakin's romance? "The Prophecy." Tahiri told herself. "Just bring Reca with you and have her tell them about the prophecy." Then, Tahiri was hit with a unrashional throught. Run away, have the baby and in 10 years or so, have the baby tell them.

OOPS! THAT WASN'T SUPPOSED TO POST YET!! LET ME JUST FINISH MY REAL ONE!! SORRY!!!

16. Mcily_Nochi

Mcily_Nochi Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 23, 2001
    I must admit to lurking here. I read the first post and wasn't sure what I thought of the premise, but it was intriguing enough to read on. I don't know if I'll read anymore, but since I always ask my readers to reply, I figured I would, too. :) Good work, everyone!

17. Jedi_Knight_Satine

May 5, 2002
    Ok. I am so sorry about that. I just wanted to see how long that was and I hit post instead because I have no brain. Well here's the rest of it (hopefully)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Then she came back to reality. "Tahiri, you bantha brain!" she chided herself, flinging herself onto her bed. The Jedi were still being hunted by the Yuuzhan Vong still and the galaxy was NOT a safe place for a 15 year old to have a baby and raise it by herself. "It's the baby's problem, Tahiri you dope."

Then finally, she closed her eyes and drifted off to sleep, leaving all her thoughts, fears and sorrows behind.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The next morning did not bring any delightr to Tahiri Veila. Or to her stomach. She barely made it to the 'fresher before the contents from the previous night were torn from her. When she was finished she looked at herself in the mirror. 'How attractive.' She thought. Her hair was all tangeled, her face pale and sweaty, and there were faint rings under her red rimmed eyes. She took a quick shower, then quickly got dressed and ready to face whomever came her way.

Most of the kids were sitting down and eating the morning meal by the time Tahiri got to the mess hall. Just the sight of food made her feel sick to her stomach again. She grabbed a tray anyway and took whatever she felt that she could eat then went to go find a place to sit down. She didn't have to look far. The 14 year old Melodie girl, Sannah, wave her over to where she and a couple of others were sitting.

"Good morning!" Sannah sang.
    "'Morning, Sannah." Tahiri pasted on her everything's-all-right face.
    "Why aren't you eating very much today?" the Melodie asked.
    "I'm not really hungry this morning." she didn't tell a absolute lie.

Tahiri picked at her food for a few minuites then abruptly stood up. "I left something in my room! I'll be back in a minuite!" She ran out of the mess hall looking green. Sannah watched her go.

"What's the matter with her?" she asked the person next to her.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tahiri knocked on Master Luke Skywalker's office door and hoped he wouldn't be there. He was. Drat. He opened the door. "Tahiri, come in." he mentioned her inside and gestured to her to take a seat.

"Good morning, Master Skywalker." She said. " I have to talk to you. It's really important. Do you have time right now?" she asked.
    "Sure, Tahiri. If it concerns my students, it concerns me." Luke told her.
    "Thanks." she gave him a wavering smile. "Now I need you not to comment until I have finished explaining," Tahiri instucted him. "Because....because...." Tahiri fought back the urge to wail. But that didn't stop her from not starting to cry.

"Because I don't want you to think I betrayed your trust." she finished.

Luke, sensing this was very serious, took the seat next to her.

"I went to Reca's office yesterday. And...she told me...she told me that I was pregnant." There. She had said it.
    She brushed a tear away.

"I don't even know how! Anakin and I weren't in that serious of a relationship yet. I would know if there was a chance where I could become pregnant but there isn't! Reca told me that when Anakin...passed he gave me this child because he knew that I would just die without him. She also told me that it happened to your grandmother long ago. That your father was something called "The Chosen One" to bring balance to the Force." Tahiri said.

"The prophesy?" Luke asked her.
    "Yes. Then she told me that there was another "Chosen One" but he or she somehow has a father. When Anakin died, he glowed. It was the Force expanding from his body. Reca told me that that is the way I got pregnant..." Tahiri stopped abruptly. "You don't even BELIEVE me do you, Master Luke!?" she exclaimed.

"I never said that, Tahiri. I do not sense that you are lying. Why would you need to?" He told her sincerly.
    "Thank the Force!" Tahiri exclaimed.
    "We will always be here for you, Tahiri."
    "Thank you, Master. I just have one questi

18. menilma

menilma Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 25, 2001
    it was a very good beginning JKS! I haven't read many fics about Tahiri but this sounded very much like her. and who wouldn't be confused in her situation? ;) please, continue this :)

19. Jedi_Knight_Satine

May 5, 2002
    thanks! yay someone read it!

For the people I am scaring away: there will be some action sequences in this.

And we need help. We have no idea on what no name the baby. If you have a suggestion feel free to suggess it. We know the sex of the baby but we won't ruin it just yet. Please help us determine if it's a *all names now just shoved down* Billy or Jane, Anakin or Amidala, Phoebe or Phoebo?
    (also please don't use stupid names like Phoebo.) Sorry to anyone named Phoebo.

Thanks

20. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    I can't wait for more, great post.

How about Shmi or Fress?

21. Crazy_Vasey

Crazy_Vasey Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 8, 2001
    It should be a reincarnated Anakin Skywalker! :D heh.

22. Jedi_Knight_Satine

May 5, 2002
    I'll write down the names when we are about to name the baby and everyone who reads (or cares) can vote.

23. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    A reincarnated Anakin Skywalker? Cool idea.

24. Jedi_Knight_Satine

May 5, 2002
    I'll suggest it if you all want me to.

25. Jedi_Knight_Satine

May 5, 2002
    well i'm just going to up this so I can hopefully post tomorrow (if my mom doesn't bust me for getting a lot of C's on my report card)

anymore names out there???

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.