main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga The Chosen One - MAJOR AU!! - A/P and O/S - future L/M and L/H

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Lady_Misty, Oct 12, 2011.

1. Lady_Misty

Lady_Misty Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2007
    Hello everyone! Yes, Misty is insane for starting a new fic but then again I think I thrive on pressure.

I would like to thank Hazel for her much appreciated help for this fic. Without her questions I would still be staring at the computer screen wondering about certain details. Thank you! :)

I am going to try both Siriwan and Obitine in this. Feel free to throw things at me for trying to mix the two.

Don't believe that anything like this has been done before.

Star Wars belongs to Mr. George Lucas. Not someone that was born and raised on the East Coast.

Major AU

Do to the cut off here's a link from ff.net where you can get around it.

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/7458844/1/The-Chosen-One

xxxx

Cliegg Lars was a man not prone to flights of fancy so he knew it wasn't his imagination when a heavily pregnant woman stumbled onto his Moisture Farm.

She appeared to be Human but one could never be sure on Tatooine. But he was sure that she wasn't a Tusken Raider: her Basic was too perfect.

Mira said that she was in labor and Cliegg was tempted to agree with her. The way the woman shifted and soft, frightened whimpers escaped her lips every so often. A few hours later it was clear as day that she was indeed in labor.

Mira handed little Owen to him and led the woman to one of the few bedrooms in their home.

Hours past slowly and the woman's screams rose and fell.

Finally the child arrived just as the suns rose the next day.

Mira emerged from the bedroom tired and hungry.

?The little one wasn't anxious to come into the galaxy. He fought nearly every step of the way.? Mira said as she ate a pallie. ?Not too different than Owen.? She said as she took the baby back.

xxxxx

The next day the new mother and child were gone.

Cliegg tried to track her but her tracks vanished after a short distance that had nothing to do with the shifting sands.

xxxxx

Five years later . . . .

Cliegg was standing in front of a vaporator when he heard footsteps. He reached for his blaster, turned around and promptly froze.

Standing a few meters away was a human boy with blondish hair and blue eyes. He was about five standard years old and quite cute.

Cliegg lowered the blaster.

?Where did you come from?? He asked the small boy. The boy didn't respond.

?What's your name?? Cliegg asked. The boy blinked his strange blue eyes several times. ?Anakin Skywalker,? the boy, Anakin, finally replied

xxxxx

Cliegg led Anakin inside since the boy said that it was forbidden for Cliegg to touch him.

Mira looked up as they came in.

?Cliegg, where did he come from?? she asked.

?I honestly don't know Mira. I was out there fixing a vaporator, I turned around and there he was.? Cliegg explained.

Mira knelt in front of Anakin.

?Where are your parents?? she asked. ?You wouldn't understand.? Anakin told her. Mira smiled kindly. ?I just might understand.? She said. Anakin sighed. ?They're all around and they will never leave me.? Anakin answered.

Mira stood.

?I think his parents are dead.? She whispered to Cliegg.

Cliegg nodded. It made sense with his cryptic answer.

?Hello!? Owen's voice suddenly said.

Both Cleigg and Mira jumped at the sound of their son's voice.

?Hello,? Anakin replied.

?Wanna play?? Owen asked. Anakin nodded and soon both boys were drawing in the sand.

xxxxx

Four years later . . .

Cliegg was showing Anakin and Owen a broken vaporator and how to fix it. He knew that Anakin already knew how to fix it but Anakin had chased after him and Owen when they left the homestead an hour earlier and Cliegg didn't have the heart to send Anakin back to Mira.

The sound of a ship's engines filled the air and Anakin turned his head away from Cliegg and Owen.

Cliegg looked away from vaporator and watched as a ship flew over their heads, flying slightly off kilter. The ship landed gracelessly, almost crashing, in the sand a distance away.

Cliegg's eyes narrowed.

Why is a ship landing way out here? He wondered.

Like a blaster shot Anakin was racing across the sandy ground for the downed ship.

?Anakin!? Cliegg shouted. ?Come back!? he called as he raced after the boy he had come to consider as a son.

xxxxxx

Qui-Gon Jinn sighed.

They had been hoping on land

2. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Without her questions I would still be staring at the computer screen wondering about certain details.

My boss is always telling me I ask way too many questions. :p

And you're very welcome! :D I love branstorming stories.

Anyway, that is a great start, I'm looking forward to see what you decided to do and how it develops. I'm sure it will be a fun ride.

[:D]

3. LVB

LVB Jedi Master star 1

Feb 23, 2005
    I am really intruigued to see where you go with this. I love the feeling of an AU where its a 'brave new world' and anything can happen! I already adore the brotherly relationship between Anakin and Owen.

I'd be happy to read more of this!

4. Book-Geek

Book-Geek Jedi Knight star 3

May 28, 2011
    Aw. Ani's very cute. Even if he is freaking out everyone. I can't wait for more!

5. Lady_Misty

Mar 21, 2007
    Hazel I don't think you ask too many questions.

LVB Major AUs are kind of scary but once you get the ball rolling it gets exciting and new possibilities open up.

Book-Geek I'm glad that Anakin is cute. I was aiming for cute and a bit unnerving.

Sorry for the longish wait. I wanted to post this earlier but I wasn't happy with one part and then I wanted it a certain length. It isn't quite the length I wanted it but it has plenty of words.

xxxx

Mira set the table for breakfast. Anakin was his usual self levitating the plates off the table and rearranging them. Mira didn't mind him doing it as long as there were no strangers around.

Anakin had always been different. He liked that bloodstained blanket that that woman had given birth on years ago, she had never been able to get the stain out but one just didn't throw away useful things on Tatooine.

He would say something and then it would happen; sooner or later.

And there was that one time that she had taken both Anakin and Owen for a walk. A Tusken Raider had appeared out of no where. The Raider had charged them and then he suddenly dropped his weapon and clawed at his throat. Finally there was a snapping noise and the Raider fell dead to the ground. ?He was evil.? Anakin had said softly. Cliegg had panicked when she told them about the Raider and told them to stay close to the Farm for weeks. Anakin had had nightmares about the Raider for weeks. He told her and Cliegg that he had killed the Raider because he was going to hurt all of them and they had been so nice to him. Mira couldn't believe for the longest time that Anakin killed the Raider without touching him but Anakin could do some strange things.

Mira watched as their guests trickled into the dining area. The Gungan was muttering about the heat. ?Mustafar is hotter.? Anakin said. ?There are rivers of lava all over the planet's surface. If you're not careful you could fall in and burn alive.?

The Gungan made a shuddering noise and sat down.

?How do you know so much?? the girl, Padmé, asked curiously. ?I was taught everything I might need to know since I- you would understand.? Anakin suddenly said.

Padmé blinked but let the matter go.

xxxxx

Breakfast started out quiet but Cliegg knew that as sure as there were two suns in the sky that Anakin would start talking to their guests.

Sure enough the boy turned to Qui-Gon Jinn.

?Where are you from?? The boy asked. ?I'm from Stewjon.? Qui-Gon replied. ?But you haven't been there in years.? Anakin said. There was an uncomfortable silence for a heartbeat. ?You live on Coruscant with everyone else like you.? Anakin said.

The silence that followed was nearly deafening.

?What makes you think I'm from Coruscant?? Qui-Gon asked. ?Your padawan spoke in a Coruscanti accent. Besides I saw both of your lightsaber and his. The place where Jedi reside Coruscant? Anakin explained.

Cliegg bit his lip, afraid that Anakin had stepped across some invisible boundry.

?You are a smart boy Anakin. I bet you listen to the pilots around here.? Qui-Gon said. ?Not really.? Anakin said. ?Most of the time they tell exaggerated stories.? Anakin said flatly.

xxxxx

Qui-Gon leaned against a crate, watching Anakin and Owen sort spare parts in the courtyard. After a bit Clieeg Lars joined him. ?I bet you are very proud of your sons, especially Anakin.? Qui-Gon said. ?I haven't met anyone quite like him before.? ?Anakin is a good boy, he's always willing to lend a hand and isn't afraid of most strangers although most strangers are afraid of him.?

There was silence for several minutes.

?Who is Anakin's other parent?? Qui-Gon asked, curious as to who had helped create such a powerful Force User and an untrained one at that.

?As you have come to suspect Master Jedi I am not Anakin's father but Mira isn't his mother.? Cliegg said. ?About four years ago I was out fixing a vaporator when I heard footsteps. I turned around with my blaster in hand and there Anakin was, just standing there watching me. He didn't tell me where he had come from but he did answer my question

6. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Oh, yes! Anakin is extremely unnerving.

I really liked how he told Obi-Wan about Siri and Satine.

7. Book-Geek

May 28, 2011
    If I didn't think that everything out of Anakin's mouth was utterly cute, I would really be freaking out now.

Dark Thing... I'm glad they'll be getting away from it soon.

8. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Oooh, I like Anakin growing up with Owen and the deeper expansion of Cliegg and his wife, Mira - great name choice there ;)

Yes, Anakin's insights are definitely unnerving :p o_O So, Siri and Satine both have the hots for Obi LOL but which one does he like the most [face_mischief]

9. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    Mira watched as their guests trickled into the dining area. The Gungan was muttering about the heat. ?Mustafar is hotter.? Anakin said. ?There are rivers of lava all over the planet's surface. If you're not careful you could fall in and burn alive.?

The Gungan made a shuddering noise and sat down.

?How do you know so much?? the girl, Padmé, asked curiously. ?I was taught everything I might need to know since I- you would understand.? Anakin suddenly said.

Padmé blinked but let the matter go.

That piece of text made me have goose bumps all over my body. Brilliant AU story that drew me in immediately. Please put me on your update list.

I am also slightly amused as a German that you used the word "Sippschaft". Nowadays it is a negative term for family visiting or to describe somebodies family.

10. Lady_Misty

Mar 21, 2007
    I've tried to make Anakin cute but at the same time unnerving. I guess that I am succeeding.

I haven't truly decided who Obi-Wan is going to end up with. But he's going to get to know both woman quite well.

Thanks for the the piece of trivia AzureAngel2!

I posted a Halloween piece. It's called 'Moritz's Nightmare'.

xxxxx

?It wasn't necessary for you to give up your money for the hyperdrive generator.? Qui-Gon told Anakin. ?Republic Credits are useless out here.? Anakin said as they walked back to the speeder.

Qui-Gon was silent for a moment.

?Anakin, who were your parents?? Qui-Gon asked. ?They have many names. Momma is sweet and gentle and Dad is cold and can be cruel; both of them are deadly fighters.? Anakin said as they walked.

?What do they look like?? Qui-Gon inquired. ?Momma has blue eyes like me with blondish hair and her smile could light all of Coruscant. You would know my Dad if you met him.? Anakin answered.

Finally they reached the speeder.

?Well?? Cliegg asked. ?We got it!? Anakin said joyfully.

xxxxx

Cliegg watched as a group of men took the hyperdrive generator into the ship.

?Is there anything we can do to repay you?? Qui-Gon asked, curious. ?Anakin,? Cliegg said. ?Can you take him with you??

Qui-Gon looked uneasy.

?Anakin doesn't fit in with the other children and his only friends are Owen and his droid 3PO.? Cliegg said.

?Master, we need one more part then we can leave.? Obi-Wan reported. ?Alright,? Qui-Gon said.

?I will need to test his blood and find out if he can be a Jedi in the first place.? Qui-Gon said after Obi-Wan disappeared back in the ship.

Cliegg nodded.

xxxx

Obi-Wan sat at a computer going through what the ship had when his commlink chirped. Quickly he activated it. ?Obi-Wan,? Qui-Gon's voice called. ?Yes Master?? Obi-Wan asked. ?I need you to analyze this blood sample I'm sending you. I need a midi-chlorian count and a DNA comparison.? Qui-Gon said.

Obi-Wan hooked his commlink into the computer and waited for the blood sample to arrive. Once the readings came in Obi-Wan frowned in puzzled confusion. ?The sample must be tainted.? He told his Master. ?Why?? Qui-Gon asked. ?First off the midi-chlorian count is off the chart; over twenty thousand. Not even Master Yoda has a count that high.? Obi-Wan reported. ?And the other reasons?? Qui-Gon pressed, curious. ?According to this what ever you got this sample from DNA isn't in the database at all.? Obi-Wan explained.

There was silence.

?Thank you Obi-Wan.?

xxxxx

Qui-Gon put his commlink away and stared at Anakin who was lifting boxes with the aid of the Force and stacking them. If the test was correct then Anakin wasn't even human. However he both looked and his Force Presence said that he was human.

Should I bring the boy with us? The Council might not accept him. But on the other hand he could become a danger to himself and others with his abilities. Jabba the Hutt might pick him up and force Anakin to work for him. Qui-Gon mused.

Searching the Force Qui-Gon received his answer.

xxxxx

Mira was cutting meat for supper when Cliegg came in.

?Mira, Qui-Gon said that if Anakin wishes to go with them he may!? Cliegg said in a near rush.

Mira quickly placed the meat in the cooker and washed her hands. ?Let's tell him then.? She told her husband.

They found Anakin in his room organizing his things. He turned after a moment and stared at them.

?Anakin, Master Jinn said that you may go with them when they leave; but only if you wish to go.? Cliegg told the boy he had come to consider a son.

Anakin nodded, pulled out a pack and started to put things in it.

Cliegg swallowed. He knew in his heart that this day would come when Anakin would leave them but he didn't expect it to be so soon.

?You can have all my money from fixing parts.? Anakin said as he tried to stuff that bloodstained blanket into the pack.

Mira smiled sadly and quickly took both the pack and the blanket from Anakin and started to pack for the boy.

?Their ship is already headed for the outskirts of Anchorhead so that they can get that last part th

11. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Ooh great action and heart-tugging partings. =D=

12. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    Owen was crying.

?I will miss you Owen.? Anakin said. ?You will always be my brother.?

I like about this fic that they have a deep connection with one another.

13. Book-Geek

May 28, 2011

Can you hint any more Anakin?

Odd thing with the blood test. Qui-Gon seems to understand it, at least...

14. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Very intense update! I felt very sorry for Owen. @};-

15. Ocelotl_Nesto

Ocelotl_Nesto Jedi Master star 4

Oct 29, 2004
    fun start... fast paced and this Anakin is unnerving... I like it.

16. Lady_Misty

Mar 21, 2007
    Qui-Gon is pretty sure what the blood test means.

Yeah, Anakin can be pretty obvious when he wants to be.

Any recognizable lines are from the movie or the novelization.

I'm glad that so many of you find Anakin unnerving but cute. Because I have tried to write him unnerving but at the same time cute.

xxxxxx

Late in the night Padmé stole into the common room. She couldn't sleep. Fear that the Senate wouldn't act on the invasion kept her up.

A soft sob caught her attention.

She turned to see Anakin curled up in a chair crying. ?Are you alright?? she asked the boy. ?I miss them.? Anakin whispered.

Padmé grabbed a blanket the same color of her robe and walked over to Anakin. ?I miss my family too.? Padmé told Anakin as she tucked the blanket around his small frame.

?I wish I could tell you that everything is going to be fine but I can't.? Anakin said as he looked into her eyes. Padmé blinked. ?What do you mean?? she asked, confused. ?Dark times are coming and if something isn't done then they are just going to get darker.? Anakin explained.

Padmé shivered slightly.

?I pray that the queen can get the Senate to intervene. If she can't then I'm not sure what is going to happen.? She said sadly.

Anakin's hand suddenly came out of the blanket clutching something. ?I made these for you. I carved them out of Japor. This one will bring you good fortune, this one will bring you long life and this one wards against evil.?

Padmé smiled as she examined each pendant. They were all hand carved and very beautiful. ?Thank you.? She managed.

xxxxx

Anakin stood next to Ric Olié as the entered Coruscant's skies. ?Coruscant is home to over a trillion beings.? Ric informed Anakin. Anakin just nodded. He already knew that from his parents.

?Over there is the Chancellor's shuttle and it looks like Senator Palpatine is waiting for us.? Ric said.

Anakin felt cold at the mention of Palpatine. He knew many things but the identity of the Sith wasn't one of them.

He knew that you couldn't trust a Nightsister. That the Kaydans loved to think about everything, The Seers of Kadesh spent too much time looking to the future and not enough time in the here and now. The Ashlans liked to mind their own business too much. And last but not least the Jedi hated change.

The ship landed and Anakin exited the ship with Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan. He bowed to the Chancellor of the Galactic Republic and then stood aside for the queen.

He really didn't listen to what Senator Palpatine had to say. He didn't like him at all and nothing could convince him to like the senator.

xxxxxx

?He was trained in the Jedi Arts. My only conclusion is that it was a Sith Lord.? Qui-Gon told the Jedi Council.

?Impossible,? Ki-Adi Mundi said. ?The Sith have been extinct for a millennium.? ?I do not believe that the Sith could return without us knowing.? Mace Windu said slowly and thoughtfully.

?Hard to see the Dark Side is.? Yoda commented.

?We will use all of our resources to unravel this mystery.? Mace continued. ?We will discover the identity of your attacker. May the Force be with you.?

Qui-Gon stayed where he was while Obi-Wan headed for the door.

?Master Qui-Gon, more to say have you?? Yoda asked. ?With your permission my Master.? Qui-Gon began. ?I've encountered a vergence in the Force.?

Silence fell.

?A vergence you say.? Yoda said thoughtfully. ?Located around a person?? Mace asked, curious. ?A boy. His cells contain the highest concentration for midi-chlorians that I have seen in a life form. Interestingly enough the boy appears to be human and even his Force Presence is human but his DNA say that he isn't and it isn't on file.

?He knows things that a child from the world we found him on shouldn't know. In fact he knows some ancient prophecies.

?According to the people that took care of him he wandered in from the desert when he was about five years old. He told them that his parents were always with him.? Qui-Gon explained.

Everyone was silent as they took in this information.

Yoda spoke first. ?Imply what do you?? ?I believe that the boy might have

17. Book-Geek

May 28, 2011
    Wow. Anakin just majorly freaked out the Council there. I pity them so...

And I loved when Anakin gave Padme the pendants. He's so sweet around her.

18. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Loved Anakin and Padmé. Very cute scene.

Lets hope Anakin continues to not like Palpatine.

The scene with the Council was really good.

19. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    ?Master Qui-Gon, more to say have you?? Yoda asked. ?With your permission my Master.? Qui-Gon began. ?I've encountered a vergence in the Force.?

Silence fell.

?A vergence you say.? Yoda said thoughtfully. ?Located around a person?? Mace asked, curious. ?A boy. His cells contain the highest concentration for midi-chlorians that I have seen in a life form. Interestingly enough the boy appears to be human and even his Force Presence is human but his DNA say that he isn't and it isn't on file.

I love familiar scenes like that in a new light. Especially that part when Ani "throws" his fears back on them. Good choice!

20. Ocelotl_Nesto

Ocelotl_Nesto Jedi Master star 4

Oct 29, 2004
    I really liked that interview with the council... it wont be good for him, but it was very nice to have.

21. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Great session there and now were they able to take their fears as they were cast back at them? [face_thinking]

22. Lady_Misty

Mar 21, 2007
    I am so glad that so many of you enjoyed Anakin spooking the Jedi Council. In my humble opinion they deserved it. Or at least some of the deserved it.

Don't worry Hazel, Anakin will never like Palpatine.

I am trying to make the chapters longer. I really am but I was tired of staring at my computer screen wondering whether or not I should add this or that to this or that scene.

Once again all recognizable dialogue comes from the movie or the Novelization. I tweaked some lines.

If I have an error I am so sorry! One of my sisters looked at all seventeen pages of The Chosen One for me to make sure that I wasn't saying one thing in one place and saying something different later. *head on laptop* Either way if you see one let me know so that I can fix it.

Okay I have babbled enough and am just wasting your time now.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Mace Windu was shaken. No one knew his deepest fear yet this boy knew it and announced it to the whole Council. He could tell that he wasn't the only one shaken by the whole episode. Adi looked pale and Depa was leaking wariness.

At the moment they were alone.

?The boy has no formal training.? Mace told the Council. ?However he knows when people are trying to enter his mind and he somehow knows of our wariness of him.? ?The question is Mace who taught him and why isn't he with them anymore.? Eeth Koth pointed out.

?He mentioned his parents.? Adi said. ?Couldn't they have taught him before abandoning him?? She asked.

The Council was silent for a moment as they considered what she said.

xxxxxx

Anakin idly played with his necklace as he waited with Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan for the Council to call them back in. He knew that he should have kept his mouth shut where their deepest fears were concerned. But if they were going to try to use his concern for the Lars family against him then why shouldn't he point out that they suffered from the same thing?

The door opened.

Anakin stuffed his necklace back under his tunic and followed Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan back into the Council Chamber.

?You are right Master Jinn.? Mace Windu said. ?The Force is strong with him.? Ki-Adi announced.

Anakin could feel that Qui-Gon was pleased. ?He is to be trained then?? Qui-Gon asked the Council. ?No, he will not be trained.? Mace answered.

Anakin blinked a few times to clear away the tears that had formed. He knew that the Jedi most likely wouldn't want him because of his age. But it still hurt for them to turn him down.

?No?? Qui-Gon echoed.

?He's too old.? Mace said flatly.

Anakin knew that it was only half true, but he wasn't going to say that there was more. He had already scared them once; there was no need to do it again.

?He is the Chosen One, you must see it.? Qui-Gon told the Council.

It took all of Anakin's willpower not to turn to face the Jedi that had discovered him. He thought that very few knew about the Prophecy. It would seem that he had been wrong and that wasn't something he was use to.

?Hm, clouded this boy's future is.? Yoda commented.

Of course my future is clouded. I could chose any way I wish to bring Balance. Anakin thought, annoyed.

There was silence for about a heartbeat.

?I will train him then.? Qui-Gon said; startling everyone one in the room including Anakin. ?I take Anakin on as my Padawan Learner.?

Anakin shifted uncomfortably. He really liked Qui-Gon but he wasn't the person that was suppose to train him. But he couldn't say that.

?An apprentice you have Qui-Gon.? Yoda said. ?Impossible to take on a second.? ?The Code forbids it.? Mace said.

?Obi-Wan is ready for the Trials.? Qui-Gon said. ?I am.? Obi-Wan piped up. Anakin could feel that while he was shocked that his Master was seemingly willing to toss him aside he was also shocked that his Master thought that he was ready to become a fully fledged Jedi Knight.

?Our own counsel we will keep on who is ready.? Yoda told them.

?There is little that I have to impart on him. He has learned much and will continue to learn more as a Knight.? Qui-Gon said.

?Young Skywalker's fate will be decided later.? Yoda announced, signal

23. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Definitely a more aware Anakin in this go-around. :D And he's right... that always rubbed me the wrong way how Obi and Qui never really cleared the air in TPM :( !!!

hahaha! Satine and Siri - yup, I think I have an inkling which way the wind will blow eventually, given Mara's parentage [face_shhh]

24. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Anakin remembers the Yuuzhan Vong ? :eek: Poor kid !

Really liked that Obi-Wan was so interested in knowing about the ladies and that Anakin told Qui-Gon to talk to Obi.

25. Book-Geek

May 28, 2011
    Poor, poor confused Obi-Wan. So many girls...

So, can we assume it is Obi-Wan who is to train Anakin?