main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga The Chosen One - MAJOR AU!! - A/P and O/S - future L/M and L/H

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Lady_Misty, Oct 12, 2011.

1. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    Must be the beard and the RP in his speech that women go for!

Go Obi go! :D

2. Ocelotl_Nesto

Ocelotl_Nesto Jedi Master star 4

Oct 29, 2004
    Thanks for the PM. Interesting that the council is still so stubborn.

One comment... Young Skywalker's fate will be decided later.? Yoda announced... should have read "decided late will be Young Skywalker's fate."Yoda announced,

3. Lady_Misty

Lady_Misty Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2007
    Wow, everyone seems to like the fact that both Satine and Siri really like Obi-Wan. It must be a sign.

Yeah, Anakin remembers the Vong and he will be teaching some of them a lesson in the future. I won't say when but that he will.

Ocelotl_Nesto, that's how the line appears in the movie and the novel. So I guess that it must have been an error.

Sorry that this not only took so long but is so short. I was getting tired of staring at the computer screen unsure what to write next.

I am glad that so many of you are enjoying this though.

xxxxxxxxx

Obi-Wan stood in the cockpit. The queen's plan was brilliant. He just prayed that the Gungans would listen to her and agree to join in the fighting.

?I have only one battle ship on my scope.? Ric Olié reported. Obi-Wan peered over the man's shoulder. ?It's a Droid Control Ship.? Obi-Wan told them. ?They probably have spotted us.? Panaka observed.

?We don't have much time.? Obi-Wan commented.

Obi-Wan stayed in the cockpit as the ship landed in the swamp not too far from where Otah Gunga was.

The second they landed Jar Jar left and Anakin sat down and started to make something out of the stuff on the ground.

For a few minutes Obi-Wan watched Anakin sort twigs and leaves for several minutes.

Finally Obi-Wan gathered his courage, left the boy to his play and approached his Master.

?Master, do you really think that I am ready for my Trials?? The younger Jedi asked the older one, hope leaking into his voice. Qui-Gon smiled. ?You are ready for the Trials Obi-Wan. I should have said that first back in the Council Chamber.? The older Jedi told him.

?You are a wiser man than I am.? Qui-Gon continued. ?I foresee that you will be a great Jedi Knight.? Qui-Gon told his protégées.

Obi-Wan felt his cheeks warm at the praise.

?Come, Jar Jar should have had enough time to talk to the Bosses in Otah Gunga.? Qui-Gon said, clapping Obi-Wan on the shoulder.

xxxxx

Padmé waited anxiously for Jar Jar to appear at the edge of the lake. She prayed that he would bring good news.

Finally something appeared in the water not far from the edge of the lake. She watched as Jar Jar made his way to land.

?There's nobody there! Otah Gunga is deserted. Some kind of fighting mesa thinks.? Jar Jar reported.

Fear clutched her heart. If the Gungans were gone than who would help them free Naboo?

She was so deep in her thoughts that she barely noticed Jar Jar moving away. ?Mesa show you! Mesa show you!? The Gungan cried excitedly.

They tromped through the swamp for some time before Jar Jar made a stop motion. Everyone came to a halt and Jar Jar made chirping noises. Like magic other Gungans appeared on Kaadus.

Padmé bit her lip as Jar Jar talked with the lead Gungan. Suddenly they were moving again. Soon they were in an open area. Several children raced past them.

Padmé felt angry with the Trade Federation for not only disrupting the lives of her people but the lives of the Gungans as well.

xxxxxxx

Anakin stared ahead, pretending to be listening to what was happening. In reality he was trying to figure out what was in store for everyone. Usually he knew the outcome of things but all he knew was that the queen was going to convince the Gungans to join in the fight against the Trade Federation. Other than that he was up a creek without a means to direct his craft.

He quickly knelt on the ground with everyone else and looked up at Big Boss Nass. He looked at him with curiosity befitting a child his age.

He really wasn't surprised when the Big Boss laughed. He felt like laughing himself but decided against it. Anakin decided right then and there that he liked Big Boss Nass. He seemed the type that liked a good laugh.

Once again Anakin's thoughts wandered and he was startled to hear Jar Jar cheer along with a few others. Everything had proceeded as he had proceeded.

He stood and hugged the nearest person.

They hurried through the swamp, which turned into a forest, until they reached a rolling field.

Anakin set right to work organizing fallen twigs, leaves and needles into neat piles. The last

4. Book-Geek

Book-Geek Jedi Knight star 3

May 28, 2011
    Uh oh. The Gungans have agreed to help the Nubians. That can only mean one thing: a certain tall Jedi Master is going to die soon, isn't he? [face_worried]

But I loved the sweet little Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan scene.:)

5. Ocelotl_Nesto

Oct 29, 2004
    thanks for the PM!

Spirit house eh? I wonder if Anakin will have any last words of warning for Obi/Qui that change this AU?

6. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Yay for the talk/clearing ai between Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon.

A forest spirit-house [face_thinking] that sounds a cross between a Jedi and Native American thingy [face_laugh] =D=

If readers can make gentle requests, and since this is AU, can we keep Qui-Gon [face_batting] [face_worried] and have him do in Darth Maul?

7. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Sometimes i wonder what would would have happened if Qui-Gon would have lived to train Anakin [face_thinking]

Very good update, Misty!

8. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    Anakin set right to work organizing fallen twigs, leaves and needles into neat piles. The last time he had been somewhere where things grew was before he went to live with the Lars.

Once he was done he started to build a Forest Spirit House. He knew that they weren't real but it was a distracting him from the fact that he didn't know the outcome of this fight. His instincts told him that something good was going to happen but at the same time something terrible was going to happen.

This is interesting. That was the last thing that I expected him to do.I cannot wait to read what happens next.

9. Lady_Misty

Mar 21, 2007
    Since so many people are curious as to what a Forest Spirit House is I will tell you what they are. I don't know about elsewhere but recently children, mostly girls, build Fairy Houses in the woods for fairies to live in.

I first learned about them about two years ago from both a book and a locally shot film about a gril and her aunt writing a book. Then I noticed that my psychologist has several books about fairy houses and children can build one on her front yard during Old Folks Day (it's a town thing).

xxxxx

Obi-Wan could tell that the Council was puzzled by his report. He could tell that they were pretty sure that the warrior he and Qui-Gon had fought was a Sith Lord. Some of them appeared to be pleased with the news that Anakin Skywalker had destroyed the Droid Control Ship all by himself. Anakin had just shrugged and muttered something about the battle would have been lost if he hadn't destroyed the Droid Control Ship.

However they seemed just as confused as him that Qui-Gon Jinn's body had disappeared at his death.

Obi-Wan swore that Anakin might know something about it but the boy wasn't talking. It was vexing. But Obi-Wan guessed if he was going to be training Anakin he better get used to his quirks.

Obi-Wan found his mind wandering as he waited for Qui-Gon's memorial to begin.

Suddenly his commlink chirped. ?Padawan Kenobi, Master Yoda wishes to speak to you.? Master Windu said. ?I will be there.? Obi-Wan said into the commlink.

Quickly he placed the commlink back into his robes and walked to the place that the queen had given to the Council to talk about the events that had transpired on Naboo.

He was surprised to see the Council members that had come waiting outside of the room.

?Master Yoda will speak to you in private.? Master Windu explained.

Obi-Wan swallowed and entered the room and knelt on the floor.

Yoda was staring out a window.

Finally he turned to face Obi-Wan.

?Explain not Qui-Gon's disappearance upon death.? Yoda said. ?Searching Master Nu is. Speak to the Ashlans, Kaydens and Seers of Kadesh we will if found answers are not.?

Obi-Wan nodded. If anyone knew the answer to the mystery of why Qui-Gon's body vanished when he died it would be one of those three.

?Confer upon you the level of Jedi Knight the Council does.? Yoda suddenly said. ?But agree with you taking this boy on as your Padawan Learner I do not!?

?Qui-Gon believed in him.? Obi-Wan said. Master Yoda sighed. ?The Chosen One the Boy may be. Never the less grave danger I fear in the Future.?

?Master Yoda, I gave Qui-Gon my word. I will train Anakin. Without the approval of the Council if I must.? Obi-Wan declared and he meant every word he said.

Yoda was silent for awhile. ?Agree with you the Council does: your apprentice Skywalker will be.?

Obi-Wan bowed his head in respect.

xxxxxx

Anakin stared into the mirror trying to speak to his parents. But they either couldn't talk to him or would not about to answer his questions. He knew that Master Qui-Gon Jinn had fully joined the Force and achieved something that people had longed for years to achieve: Eternal Life.

If he hadn't liked Senator ? Chancellor Palpatine before he didn't like him now. The man reminded him of a Kanji Buta, a feared animal on Napaj Prime. It looked cute and innocent until it gorged you to death.

Suddenly he felt warm, gentle arms around him. A smile formed on his face; it was his mother.

?Remember Ani that it takes great courage to do what is right.? His mother whispered into his ear. ?I will.? he whispered back.

xxxxx

Padmé hated funerals and it sometimes was compounded by the fact that she sometimes didn't believe that the deceased was gone if she didn't see their body. Her sister was the opposite. Sola hated to see dead bodies and would do everything in her power not to see them.

What made it so hard was that the Jedi wouldn't let her see the body of Qui-Gon Jinn.

She wondered if it was being taken to Coruscant or what. She couldn't get a straight answer from anyone.

Obi-Wan looked dazed when she had asked him. And all Anakin w

10. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    I used to think that all Jedi disappeared when they died, that was before I discovered that they had to learn this.

If he hadn't liked Senator ? Chancellor Palpatine before he didn't like him now. The man reminded him of a Kanji Buta, a feared animal on Napaj Prime. It looked cute and innocent until it gorged you to death.

YES!!! [face_dancing] Keep it up, Ani. :D

11. Book-Geek

May 28, 2011
    Oooh. Spooky.

Seers, Kaydens and Ashlans, oh my! I can't wait to see them appear!

And, yea, Obi is going to teach Ani![face_dancing]

I like Anakin's mirror. Made me think of the Mirror of Erised.

12. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Excellent =D= Hopefully, the Ashlans will provide strong warnings if possible against darthy minions - i.e., Dooku and Sidious :p

13. Ocelotl_Nesto

Oct 29, 2004
    Hmm. Nonchalant Anakin vs. little boy Anakin... I think I prefer the AU

14. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    ?Explain not Qui-Gon's disappearance upon death.? Yoda said. ?Searching Master Nu is. Speak to the Ashlans, Kaydens and Seers of Kadesh we will if found answers are not.?

Obi-Wan nodded. If anyone knew the answer to the mystery of why Qui-Gon's body vanished when he died it would be one of those three.

I prefer EU stories like this to the real PT. You, dear Misty, have a lot of credible characters, good dialogues and a certain drive in your story.

Thanks for explaining the forest elf huts/ houses of your home region to us.

Having spent a lot of time in the Harz Mountains in Germany from my early childhood on, having been an Au-pair in Ireland & my parents-in-law being Anthroposophical nothing much surprises me in that field.

:D

15. Lady_Misty

Mar 21, 2007
    Hey everyone!

A fun fact: Napaj is Japan spelled backwards and a Kanji Buta is more or less Japanese for Devil Pig. I thought tha tit was fitting.

I am so sorry that I didn't have this up sooner. I updated one of my other stories rather quickly for one of my only reviewers and forgot that this needed to be updated as well then Darth Real Life got in the way.

For those of you that don't know one of my sisters is getting married! Sqee! We are meeting her husband to be shortly after Christmas. We are all excited to meet him.

For those that are wondering Anakin's mother was with him in the room.

xxxxxx

Obi-Wan's cheeks were still flushed with embarrassment. Anakin had told Kyrah Dass that she should spend more time in the here and now instead of looking towards the future. He had gone on to say that people had either started the very war that they foresaw destroyed them or ended up dead.

Frankly Obi-Wan was still surprised that the Seers of Kadesh hadn't kicked them off their planet but talked to them for some time before Master Windu had decided that it was time to move on to the Ashlans. In fact if he hadn't known any better they were disappointed that they needed to leave.

?Obi-Wan, we are coming up on Eras.? Master Windu informed him.

Obi-Wan glanced at the chrono and sighed. He had allowed his mind to wander and lost track of the time.

He walked calmly to the cabin that he shared with Anakin. Once inside he had to suppress a groan. Anakin was covered in grease from either cleaning something or building something.

?Anakin, we are coming up on Eras, go wash and change into clean clothes.? Obi-Wan told his charge before turning and heading for the cockpit.

Obi-Wan found himself admiring the beautiful planet as they made their final approach. ?We have already received clearance to land.? Master Windu informed him. Obi-Wan nodded to show that he understood.

Finally they were approaching the capital city, Asha. It had a cliff to one side of it, a river on another, plains to one side and a mountain chain on the remaining side.

They made their way to the docking bay meant for important visitors and docked.

Obi-Wan followed Master Windu to the gangplank. ?Are Sayda and Darren Shadowfinder still the High Priest and Priestess of the Ashla/Bogden Order?? Obi-Wan asked. Master Windu nodded.

Anakin was waiting for them at the hatch, bursting with excitement. ?Now, Anakin, be polite to the priests and priestesses of the Ashla/Bogden Order. They are allies of the Jedi so don't say anything that you know is going to create problems.? Obi-Wan informed the boy who just nodded.

Obi-Wan bit back a sigh before palming the hatch open and the gangplank lowered.

Anakin raced down it like a shot from a blaster cannon.

Obi-Wan hurried after him and his jaw dropped at the sight of him hugging who could only be the High Priest around the waist.

?Momma sends her greetings.? Anakin told the man that Obi-Wan guessed was Darren Shadowfinder.

?I apologize for my padawan's behavior.? Obi-Wan said as he approached the man. ?It is no problem. I have several children and know how excited they can be around people.? The Priest said kindly.

Obi-Wan let out a breath that he didn't realize that he had been holding.

Master Windu approached the man and inclined his head. ?Darren Shadowfinder, it is a pleasure to meet you again.? He said. ?Likewise Master Mace Windu.? Darren Shadowfinder replied.

?Do you know this boy's parents?? Obi-Wan asked, curious.

Darren Shadowfinder gently lifted Anakin's chin and looked into his eyes. ?I believe that I know who his parents are but nothing solid.? Darren said calmly.

With that they were led to Temple fo Ashla/Bogden. Obi-Wan had never seen it before and was impressed with it's simple beauty. The Temple was mostly white with black markings here and there.

The walked up the white side of the steps and into the Temple. Priests and priestesses were walking all around or talking to the students and sometimes the regular people of Eras.

Darren led them to a room with writing all over the walls and a w

16. Lady_Misty

Mar 21, 2007
    Sorry double post! *face palm*

17. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Congrats to your sister @};- @};-
    Cool stuff as always with Sayda and Darren - nice names too. =D= And if Anakin isn't the chosen one [face_thinking]

Misty LOL!!!!!!! Great appellation for old Palps. rofl!!!!!!!!!

I'm a blended Japanese-American and my Mom and I have the family nicknames of Bu-chan [face_laugh] which means we have very healthy ;) appetites [face_laugh] -- which I do, being a complete, unabashed foodie.

[face_mischief]

18. Book-Geek

May 28, 2011
    This being my real first encounter with the Ashlans, I'm very impressed with them. Darren and his wife seem very nice.

Very eager to see what your version of Anakin and Obi-Wan are going to do to the Vong.[face_mischief]

And congrats to your sister!

19. Ocelotl_Nesto

Oct 29, 2004
    Nicely done. The "dont worry about it" comment is sure to bring follow up questions from inquisitive Jedi

20. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    Darren led them to a room with writing all over the walls and a woman in the center of the room looking at a painting of a being with piercing blue eyes holding something in one of it's hands.

?Those are old fashion scales.? Darren said. ?That is a painting of the Balancer. You call them the Chosen One.?

Obi-Wan stared at the painting. The being was wearing a cloak with the hood raised throwing the face into shadows so that you couldn't tell what race they belonged to. All that was seen was the blue eyes

You have a fascinating story to tell there! :D With each update you suck me more and more into it.

21. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Congratulations to you sister, Misty! [:D]

I really enjoyed the visit to the Ashlans, and I'm glad they weren't destroyed in this AU.

In the next chapter Obi-Wan and Anakin go on a mission for the Jedi Council that involves the Vong.

Is this going to involve Zonama Sekot?

Looking forward to it :D

22. Lady_Misty

Mar 21, 2007
    Man, why do I feel bad if I don't have a fic updated when I think it should be?

Happy New Year's Eve everyone! Remember to act responsibly today.

All of you are going to hate me when you get to the end of this chapter. No I mean it you're going to want to torture me.

The Jedi are a very curious bunch!

xxxxxxxx

Obi-Wan sighed as he and Anakin flew through the atmosphere of Zonama Sekot. Anakin was quieter than normal but Obi-Wan was grateful for the silence. Anakin usually talked his ear off about the planets that they were visiting and what not.

They got clearance to land and land they did.

Anakin didn't run for the gangplank like he usually did but followed behind him as they walked off. Obi-Wan could feel through the Force how wary Anakin was and that unsettled him.

Once they walked off the ship Obi-Wan noticed a group of people waiting for them. They looked uncertain at the sight of Anakin.

?Master Jedi, it is not safe for a child on the planet at this time.? A Twi'lek man said. ?We evacuated all of our young two days ago.? He explained.

?What has happened here?? Obi-Wan asked. ?We were attacked by unknown beings. They are merciless. They were only driven back for unknown reasons. We sent our children away once we were sure that it was safe.? A human woman explained.

Concern raced through Obi-Wan. Information had been sparse but the Council felt that it would be safe enough for him to take Anakin with him.

It was then that everything fit together. How quiet Anakin had been and withdrawn. Obi-Wan found himself wondering how much Anakin knew about the situation.

Sirens suddenly wailed.

?They are back!? A member of the group cried.

xxxxxxx

Anakin watched from the safety of a bunker as the Yuuzhan Vong ravaged the planet with their 'fighters'. He could feel his father's rage at what was being done here.

Anakin finally decided that it was time to talk to the planet itself. He walked to an empty room in the bunker, sat down and waited Finally an image of someone that Anakin didn't know appeared in the room. ?You wish to speak to me, Force Child?? the planet asked.

?We have to protect the people that settled here for the Yuuzhan Vong.? Anakin told It. ?They are going to be killed if we don't do something.?

The image of the planet was giving looked uncertain. ?I don't have the means to protect them. My parent taught me that there is a peaceful resolution to everything.? The planet said softly.

Anakin wanted to throw something at It.

?My Mother taught me before I was born that it is our duty to protect those in our care and that if we fail that we will answer to Force or what every you call them.? Anakin snapped.

The image flinched.

?I have no way to protect them.? Was the faint whispered response.

Anakin turned in a full circle. ?Couldn't you create Lighting Storms?? he asked curiously. Excitement burned in the image's eyes. ?I can do that and I can make high winds along with other things!?

xxxxxx

Obi-Wan was slightly startled at the sudden clap of thunder and the sound of rain pounding. He could tell that the others in the bunker were surprised as well by the rainstorm.

For several hours the rain fell accompanied by blinding flashes of lighting and deafening claps of thunder.

Suddenly the ground heaved a bit. As if something had crashed nearby.

For some reason that he couldn't understand Obi-Wan's hand went for his lightsaber. He could tell that he wasn't alone for everyone in that part of the bunker had reached for their weapons.

A few minutes past and hands drifted away from the weapons. Then something slammed into the door of the bunker. This time weapons came out.

Cautiously Obi-Wan and a Zabrak male headed to the entrance. Something or something was slamming the door. Curious Obi-Wan reached out with the Force and felt a void in the Force.

Suddenly the door opened and in walked a monster.

xxxxx

Told ya!

23. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Wow Misty :eek: - zinger of an end there =D=

Anakin wants to save everything and everyone [face_thinking] then oops! Something is unleashed [face_thinking]

24. Book-Geek

May 28, 2011
    Just when you think you're in the clear thanks to a kid telling the planet to make a lightning storm, a big mysterious monster appears.

I want more!!!!!=P~

25. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    You sent us into 2012 with a cliff hanger like that.

Argh!

At least it is a brilliant cliff hanger and you are a cool fanfic writer!

[:D]