main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga The Chosen One - MAJOR AU!! - A/P and O/S - future L/M and L/H

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Lady_Misty, Oct 12, 2011.

1. Lady_Misty

Lady_Misty Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2007
    Hazel We will see now.

Book-Geek You missed an update.

Nyota's Heart You did as weel Nyota.

AzureAngel2 Thank you. :)

Well this is shorter than I had hoped but it’s a start.

Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Mara watched as organized panic filled the hangar as things were packed and loaded on ships. Since the Rebels now knew that Daren had been captured by the Empire they knew that they were all in grave danger.

“Mara,” her father’s voice cut through the din of voices in the hangar. She turned and saw him approaching her with Rayvon, Aryaih and the Anooba pup. “I want you on Rish Transport out of here with Bail Organa, your brother and Aryaih; Saia is going with Aryaih. It will be your job to protect the Viceroy, Rayvon and Aryaih until I join you at the Rebel Base.” He told her in a tone that meant he was counting on her to do this.

Mara nodded with determination. “I will father.”

“Bail Organa has hired Captain Solo to transport some of us to their base so I will be going with the good captain. Protect them with your life.

Mara nodded again and quickly led her brother, Aryaih and the Anooba pup to the correct transport and made sure they boarded it before following after them.

She used techniques her father had taught her to stay calm as the transport lifted off and headed for the Rebel Base.

Xxxxxxxx

Beru felt overwhelmed at the sight of the green sphere that the ship she and her family were on was headed for. She was too used to the barren wastes of Tatooine to feel comfortable with all that greenery. But she guessed for Padme it would be a little like coming home. Naboo after all was a very green world.

At the moment they were surrounded by higher ups in the Rebellion and they were demanding answers. Unfortunately for the Rebels neither the Skywalkers or the Larses present could answer the questions.

After nearly an hour of questioning most of the Rebels in charge of questioning them were called away for something.

After nearly ten minutes she could hear the pounding of booted feet. These weren’t the sounds of training men meant to frighten them but the sound of frightened beings. She wondered what had happened to cause the ruckus but she doubted that the Rebels would tell them.

Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Bail Organa surveyed the Rebel Base on Yavin IV as he departed the transport ship known as ‘Rish’ with Mara and Rayvon Kenobi, Aryaih Lars and her pet Anooba Saia. To some extent it felt good to not have to pretend anymore but he was worried for his people. He had endangered them in a way that bordered on unforgivable and his nephew Daren was either dead or soon would be executed.

They had already told those at the Base here that they needed to start packing and get ready to flee elsewhere. From where he stood he could see that the evacuation was more or less in full swing.

A man that Bail didn’t recognize suddenly approached and stood at attention, “Sir, a few hours ago one of our freighters landed with unexpected passengers. The pilots swear that they didn’t let them on the ship and the passengers told them that they were put on the ship by mysterious beings.” The man reported; Bail could tell by his tone that he didn’t believe the story that the passengers had told.

“Did the pilots search for stowaways before taking off and entering hyperspace?” Bail asked the officer puzzled. “Yes they did and found no one.” The officer replied. “Then how did they get on?” Bail asked slightly annoyed. “The pilots said that they answered a distress signal but blacked out when they arrived and found a large extended family in the gallery.” The officer informed him.

“Maybe we will get a reaction from them if I go and see them.” Ball mused.

“Is that wise?” Mara Kenobi asked as she came to stand beside him. “It is not the wisest decision but a good one. Take your brother and Aryaih someplace where the three of you can rest before moving on again” Bail told her before locking eyes with the officer. “Take me to them.” He ordered calmly but with authority.

The officer didn’t look pleased but he nodded and led Bail towards where the unexpected guests were being kept.

Finally they reached a door with two guards on either side. They stood a little straighter but didn’t stop or question them. “I wish to see the prisoners and question them myself.” Bail informed the guards. For a moment they just stared at him before one of them turned to the keypad and pressed a button allowing the door to slide up revealing an elderly human couple, two older human females, one older human male and seven children of various ages. If he had to guess he would say that they were poor nobodies from the Outer Rim by their rough clothes.

Suddenly one of the older women stood; her face betrayed her shock but hope shone in her eyes.

“Bail Organa?” she asked slowly, almost as if she feared she was wrong. Bail paused and looked at the woman hard. He was suspicious but something told him that these people were friendly.

She did look familiar but a hard life had aged her prematurely. He glanced at the children gathered around her and looked at her again and stood straighter. He knew who she was; for years her fate had been unknown and he had feared she was dead.

“Padme?” he asked in unconcealed shock.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  2. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Touching farewell with Anakin in the earlier post.

I like seeing Padme there to meet Bail and that all seem to have found places of safety.

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  3. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    Padmé? THAT is a surprise! Cannot wait for more!

Lady_Misty likes this.
  4. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    I was very surprised to see an update for this story. Nice work Misty!

Lady_Misty likes this.
  5. Lady_Misty

Mar 21, 2007
    Nyota's Heart I thought that the farewell was touching between husband and wife. It was fun to write Bail meeting Padme again after so many years.

AzureAngel2 the wait is over!

Hazel I actually despaired that my inspiration had left.me high and dry for this fic. Thankfully it hadn't and stays with me.

Thanks to all that have stuck with this and your patience has been rewarded again.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Padme took in the prematurely aged face of Bail Organa. Of course with everything that must have been happening in the galaxy at large and Bail Organa would have been in some way helping fight the Empire. “Yes Bail, it’s me.” She answered him after a moment.

Bail continued to look shock.

“Mom, you know this man?!” Jinn demanded loudly.

Padme wanted to rebuke her third child for his rude behavior before she remembered that her children, nieces and nephews knew nearly nothing of what she had used to be before coming to Tatooine to hide.

“I used to be a Senator in the Galactic Republic before the rise of the Empire. I left Coruscant a few days before the end of the Clone Wars. It was a move that saved my life but cost another hers.” Padme said with pain as she remembered hearing what had happened to Dorme.

She could see curiosity in the eyes of her other children. She and Anakin never talked about their life before Tatooine to the children; they had deemed it potentially dangerous. They had decided to leave details out but the children did know that she wasn’t a native to Tatooine. They had not lied to the children when they said that they had hoped to escape the political upheaval after the end of the Clone Wars.

Silence reigned from the children.

“But you said that you and dad had gone to Tatooine to escape the political upheaval that followed at the end of the Clone Wars.” Jinn stated; his voice hinted at the hurt and confusion he felt at hearing that his mother had been a senator.

“If you were a senator was Uncle Anakin General Skywalker?” Dayvyd asked; curious.

“Dad’s a Jedi?” Kai asked; clearly shocked.

Bail looked like he was ready to pass out after hearing what Dayvyd and Kai said. But he instead turned to the guards to address the guards in the room. “These people can be trusted; see that they are evacuated immediately.” He ordered them

“Excuse us Senator,” Beru called out to Bail. “Three of our children are missing; do you have any news of the Empire taking three young adult humans into custody on Tatooine? They would have been in the company of two astromech droids.”

“Would they have a canine that goes by the name Saia with them?” Bail asked.

“Saia’s alive?” Seria asked; her voice was full of hope.

Padme nearly collapsed with relief; her family was almost complete.

Xxxxxxx

Anakin had been hoping to go to some lifeless hunk of rock so he could meditate on his choices in silence but instead he had chosen one of the moons of a gas giant known as Endor; it would be easier to get off of and much easier to explain how he ended up on instead of a dead rock. The moon itself was mostly forested and the inhabitants so primitive that they probably hadn’t even dreamed of traveling to the stars until the Imperials had dropped from the sky to flatten the forest and placed monstrous artificial metal moons in orbit.

The Ewoks, the natives to the planet, had left him alone for the most part. At the moment an adventurous younger one was attempting to get his attention by poking him with a wooden spear. Anakin was ignoring the young creature that probably imagined himself a brave warrior.

After the young Ewok poked him in the face for the third time Anakin accepted the fact that he wouldn’t be getting in meaningful meditation at this time. Slowly opening his eyes he looked the brown furred alien and gave him the look that parents across the galaxy gave to their children.

“Didn’t your elders ever teach you that it’s rude to poke beings?” he asked the younger creature; using his powers so the young Ewok could understand him. Almost immediately the little Ewok jumped back and clutched his spear tighter; chattering in his native language.

“Go ahead and call the other hunters; but I will warn you that I don’t taste very good.” Anakin returned. “Besides, I’m not with those that fell the trees and frightened away so many animals.”

The Ewok chittered and Anakin laughed in amusement. “I do live among the stars but before that I lived somewhere else. Maybe one day you will see what lays around different stars.”

Slowly Anakin used his abilities to levitate several fallen branches in the air and startling the young Ewok all over again.

In so many ways it would be so easy to reach up and pull the abomination in orbit into the atmosphere but the entire world would suffer if he did so.

A whisper and his head jerked up as he Felt the currents surrounding him; he was being given a chance to redeem himself.

“I have to go but I promise that the trees will one day grow tall and proud once again in the valley and that game will return as well.” He told his new friend.

Standing with a quick motion he reached out; gathering the Force around him like a protective shield and transported himself away to his distance target; countless of life forms depended on him.

Xxxxxxx

The Death Star, Alderaan System . . .

Alarms blared throughout the monstrous battlestation as an explosion made everyone on board stumble nearly everywhere. They had been preparing to fire on Alderaan when something went wrong. The main weapon had been tested on asteroids and small planetoids without incident so everyone was confused and shocked when it suffered from an overload causing a minor explosion.

Governor Tarkin wasn’t sure how he was going to explain this to the Emperor or how Lord Atrocios would take it. He might be able to pass it off as either sabotage or a miscalculation.

“Governor Tarkin, it appears that the main weapons array was sabotaged in a very unexpected manner.” Lord Atrocios said startling Tarkin. “I suspect a Jedi is involved and I know who he is.” The young Sith sneered. “Secure the prisoner and find out how he got onboard.” Atrocios said before the Sith turned and left the Observation Deck silently.

Guards immediately grabbed the stunned young Alderaani Lord and dragged him off.

Xxxxxx

Daren swallowed as he was led the detention blocks when the guards collapsed without warning. For precious seconds he could only stand and stare at his unconscious capturers when a shadow detached itself revealing it to be a human looking man wearing peasant garb.

“Hurry and come with me.” The man whispered. Daren wasn’t about to question his luck so he followed the man down the corridor and into a turbolift.

Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Fun fact: the last posted chapter was supposed to feature Anakin wandering on some planet thinking over his actions but I decided to tie up some loose ends. Then he was going to be on a lifeless moon but then he would have to call on outside help to get off; that would be hard to explain to anyone how you were able to survive in an airless environment so he chatted a bit with Wicket.

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  6. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Ah, looks like there is a good chance Padme will meet up with the rest of her kids soon. :) Great scenes with Anakin with the Ewoks ;) and on the Death Star also.

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  7. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    Anakin had been hoping to go to some lifeless hunk of rock so he could meditate on his choices in silence but instead he had chosen one of the moons of a gas giant known as Endor; it would be easier to get off of and much easier to explain how he ended up on instead of a dead rock. The moon itself was mostly forested and the inhabitants so primitive that they probably hadn’t even dreamed of traveling to the stars until the Imperials had dropped from the sky to flatten the forest and placed monstrous artificial metal moons in orbit.

Loved that scene very much, especially Wicket showing up and his interaction with Ani.

8. Cushing's Admirer

Cushing's Admirer Chosen One star 7

Jun 8, 2006
    I don't believe it someone actually acknowledges Tarkin! :D

9. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    EWOKS!! :D

Lady_Misty likes this.
  10. Lady_Misty

Mar 21, 2007
    Nyota's Heart the reunion will have to wait until the next chapter. I thought it was cute as well.

AzureAngel2 it was fun to write.

Cushing's Admirer had to acknowledge that mastermind somehow; I think I was slightly inspired by Star Wars: Tarkin.

Hazel the ewoks will be fun to write in different ways.

Merry Christmas to those that celebrate the holiday.

A little short but an early present to my readers.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Anakin shivered a little. It had been harder than he thought to travel to the Death Star but he guessed it was because it was an agent of death and destruction. He could taste the Darkness in the air as well as Feel it. It was a rare for him to be able to taste either the Dark Side or the Light Side. In the Jedi Temple he almost taste the Light Side at times but it the environment in the Temple never fully allowed it.

He would have to get Daren off in a ship since he was too drained to transport both of them someplace safer; Alderaan was close enough but Alderaan wasn’t a safe place to travel to. But it was an acceptable price to pay to save a planet

“We need to get a ship capable of hyperspace travel and fast enough to evade capture again.” Anakin informed the young noble.

“A shuttle perhaps?” Daren asked just before the turbolift door slid open.

Anakin shook his head as he led the way out of the turbolift and into the corridor. Reaching out he bent his Will on those that they passed. If questioned the officers and troopers would just say that they had seen two officers discussing the explosion that they had just experienced and not an escaped Alderaani Lord and an out of place peasant.

Slowly they were getting closer to a hangar with a transport that would suit them. Anakin knew that Rook Nyss or Lord Atrocios as most beings knew him as now was trying to track them. Anakin was determined to get to the hangar before the Fallen Jedi caught up with them.

After a few more twists they arrived at a hangar full of small ships that would suit their purposes completely. A causal visual search of the hangar revealed that one of the small transports was more or less ready for takeoff. A more in-depth scan with the Force revealed that it wasn’t a trap either.

“Follow my lead.” Anakin whispered to Daren.

With a swagger he had seen and sometimes emulated from his time as a General in the Army of the Republic he headed towards the ship. The Force Illusion influenced those in the hangar to see a general and a lieutenant.

“My aide and I are leaving for Coruscant immediately.” He informed the crew near the transport in a tone that spoke of power.

For a few moments they stared at him but Anakin knew that they believed him to be a general that they should respect.

“It will be ready for liftoff in a few moments sir.” One of the techs answered with respect.

Anakin nodded.

As he waited for the techs to finish he sent Force Compulsions to everyone else to take a break until they were forced to return.

“The ship is ready for departure sir.” A tech reported after a minute.

“Thank you,” Anakin said before sending the Compulsion to the remaining workers. Once the workers were gone Anakin turned to Daren. “I trust that you know how to do start a ship this size?” He wouldn’t be surprised if the young noble answered in the negative since most “higher ups” viewed certain things as beneath them; however there were the occasional one that learned for one reason or another.

“I am familiar with the process on larger transports but it can’t be that different.” Daren answered after two heartbeats.

“That will have to do.” Anakin answered with a slight smile. The boy was honest; he would give him that. “Hurry though; Darth Atrocios will be here any moment. Prepare the ship and I will distract him.”

Xxxxx

Daren hurried up the ramp of the small transport he and his rescuer were moments away from steeling. He guessed that his rescuer was a Jedi from how they had been able to pass Imperials without being caught or stopped and a member of the ground crew had addressed his rescuer as ‘sir’ despite his peasant garb.

He had been right when he commented on smaller transports couldn’t be that much different from the larger ones that he was more familiar with. However he wasn’t familiar with this make of ship. But all of his instructors had always praised him for his intelligence and how he could think on his feet. Honestly he felt that they exaggerated at times since he had been captured by Darth Atrocios.

But he promised himself that he wouldn’t fail this time.

Xxxxx

Atrocios purposely entered the hangar where he had detected the Force being used. Standing among the ships was a figure dressed in dirty rough spun clothes that looked vaguely like Jedi Robes.

He recognized the figure after nearly twenty years: Anakin Skywalker.

“You should know that by coming here and sabotaging this station you have marked yourself for death?” Atrocios asked in icy calmness.

He watched as Skywalker calmly shrugged.

“I was marked for death the moment the Sith Master discovered that I couldn’t be turned to the Dark Side. However I am hard to kill so that’s why Sidious ordered Eras to be burned. But I know something that you don’t know Rook: that the Sith will lose and the Light will rise again!” Skywalker declared; his conviction rang like a powerful, clear bell in the Force.

“Unfortunately you won’t be there to see it.” Atrocios snapped; ignoring Skywalker using the name he used to use.

“So certain,” Skywalker commented as he reached into his tunic and retrieved a lightsaber hidden in the folds. “Depending on things you won’t see the end of this but I will leave here alive.”

Atrocios retrieved his lightsaber from his belt and ignited the blood red blade.

Xxxxx

Daren almost laughed when the ship started. For a few moments he had feared that he would have to wait for his rescuer to board the ship. But now the engines were warming up he could relax just a little bit.

He kept one hand on a blaster that he had ‘liberated’ from a locker on the ship for extra protection.

He could leave but he wouldn’t until he knew that his rescuer boarded.

Xxxxxx

It had been years since Anakin had swung a lightsaber but it was as if no time had passed. The fight was furious but it was clear that Anakin was the more centered fighter. He knew that he would win and that he would escape with Daren.

He knew that Rook would have to die; he had allowed his pain and anger to rule him and make him something Darker. If things had been different he could have been in Rook’s place. If his parents had chosen to give him a mortal mother and raised as one of them he might have gone to the Dark Side.

He would have to hurry if he wanted to get Daren off the Death Star alive.

If he was going to kill the Sith Apprentice then he would have to kill the Sith Master soon to prevent Sidious from taking on another apprentice.

Slipping deep into the Force Anakin swung his blade and knew that he had struck a fatal blow.

“I am sorry Rook,” he whispered before he turned and ran towards his and Daren’s ride off the Death Star.

Xxxxxx

Daren almost collapsed in relief when his rescuer appeared into the cockpit. “Good job warming her up!” The mystery man told him as he settled into the pilot’s seat that Daren had vacated a few moments earlier.

“Tighten your restraints because I am capable of flying like a some crazed maniac.” The man instructed him.

Daren quickly pulled the restraints around him as his rescuer went through the liftoff cycle and turned the ship so that it was facing the exit of the hangar.

“By the way my name is Anakin Skywalker.” His rescuer, Anakin Skywalker, told him as they rocketed out of the hangar.

Xxxxxx

Tarkin was both furious and uncertain. The Main Weapon was damaged, Lord Daren Organa had escaped, Lord Atrocios was dead from a fatal lightsaber injury, a transport had been stolen and he nothing to show for it.

“Governor!” the excited voice of a lower officer called out. “They didn’t disable the tracking beacon on the stolen transport! They are headed for the Yavin System!”

“Speed the repairs around the main weapon and set course for the Yavin System. Before we enter hyperspace contact the Emperor; I must inform him that Lord Atrocios is dead.” Tarkin ordered crisply as he turned to head to a private communications room. He should be able to salvage something from all of this.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

See you tomorrow

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  11. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Excellent action and your Anakin is full of light, conviction, and resourcefulness. :)

AzureAngel2 and Lady_Misty like this.
  12. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    YAY!! Go Anakin!!

13. Lady_Misty

Mar 21, 2007
    WarmNyota_SweetAyesha thanks! :)

Hazel Thanks! :)

AzureAngel2 you missed an update.

I apologize for the prolonged hiatus. I struggled with parts of this and deleted what I had several times.

I hope you enjoy it.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Space, Yavin System . . .

Anakin sighed in relief as the stolen Imperial Ship fell out of hyperspace and Yavin and the Rebel Fleet appeared before him.

“Rebellion Ships this is Anakin Skywalker aboard the Imperial Ship that just came out Hyperspace; I have a passenger on board that is eager to be reunited with his family.” He announced on all frequencies as to not overly alarm the Rebels.

“General Skywalker, is it really you?” Bail Organa’s voice asked over the comm.

“Yes Senator; it’s been a long time since we last spoke.” Anakin acknowledged.

“Your family is here and I know they are eager to see you.” Bail informed him.

“And I have someone with me that is eager to be reunited with you; I also have important information for the Rebellion.” Anakin told him.

There was silence on the comm for a few moments. “You have Daren with you?” Bail asked, his voice soft and hopeful.

Anakin gestured to Daren with an encouraging smile. “I’m here Uncle,” Daren said. “General Skywalker saved me from the Death Star as well as Tarkin and Darth Atrocios.”

“Senator, the Death Star is on its way here. We need to destroy it before they can repair the Main Weapon.” Anakin said as he piloted his craft towards the ship he Felt his family on. “We cannot allow that monstrosity to continue to exist.”

“We have found its weakness and we are briefing pilots for the mission. Perhaps you can help us Master Skywalker.” An unfamiliar voice cut in.

“I will do everything I can.” Anakin said as he prepared the ship for landing.

Xxxxxx

Obi-Wan couldn’t help but smile as he watched his friend and brother descend from the boarding ramp of the stolen ship.

With a matching smile Anakin strode across the hangar and the two embraced.

“I knew that you survived and laying low somewhere in the far reaches of the galaxy.” Anakin told him.

“And I knew you were someplace safe but I never thought you would go back home.” Obi-Wan admitted, feeling foolish now.

“I was a coward and rebelled at the thought of not having a choice or say in my Destiny so when things went bad and I was away from Coruscant I allowed my fears and desires to overrule me and I disappeared in shame to Tatooine. I came up with excuses, cut myself off from the injustices that were happening and allowed shame to rule me.” Anakin told him.

Obi-Wan grimaced but waited to see if Anakin would add more to his list of ‘sins’.

“I waited until I was forced to take action and I can’t begin to imagine the lasting damage I have caused by my inaction.” Anakin whispered.

Obi-Wan examined the man before him in both the Force and with his outward senses.

“I have met your children and find them to be intelligent and determined. I had the opportunity to speak with all of them; I am especially impressed with the two older ones. Even when they were faced with the possibility of the loss of nearly all their family besides each other and their cousin Aryaih they stayed strong; and Leia also brandished a blaster in my face demanding answers.” He told him

Anakin’s face reddened.

“You have no need to apologize for her behavior. I tried to keep things from them to protect them from the Empire but when they saw that their home was in ruins and Saia was the only survivor they could find they were justifiably angry and suspected that I knew more than I implied I did.” Obi-Wan assured him.

Off to the side Bail Organa cleared his throat. “General Skywalker, I thank you for rescuing my nephew at what must have been at great personal risk.” The older man said with a smile and radiating relief and joy.

“It was the right thing to do Viceroy; Daren is a remarkable young man. I feel that it was an honor to meet him.” Anakin said politely.

“We need to talk soon about going after the Emperor before he can replace Rook.” Anakin told him grimly.

Obi-Wan grimaced; Sidious would be looking for a new apprentice but he would be vulnerable to destruction like he that been nineteen years ago. They had a chance to destroy the Sith but this time they had Anakin on their side and willing to do his part.

“Daddy!” several young voices called out excitedly.

They turned and watched as younger Skywalker children ran across the hangar with their older siblings and family members trailing behind them.

The grim expression on Anakin’s face lifted as he smiled at the sight of his family hurrying towards him.

“I will contact Master Yoda and the others about this opportunity.” Obi-Wan promised Anakin as the Skywalkers and Larses closed in.

Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I know it short but it felt like a good place to leave it.

If my Muse stays cooperative there shouldn’t be as a long of a delay between chapters.

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  14. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    Daren save & family reunions everywhere. This is a nice way to begin a Sunday morning.

15. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    =D= =D= Great to see a family reunion. Always.