main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga The Chosen One Rises - Alternate ROTS novel (based off the Stover novel) *Completed*

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Skywalker3248, Jun 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth-Buddy

Darth-Buddy Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 18, 2005
    Moving on UP!

2. Skywalker3248

Skywalker3248 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 5, 2005
    To everybody that has kept up with this story and is still reading, I apologise for there having been such a long time since my last post, while I won?t go into details I?ll just say that I?ve been dealing with some personal issues of faith that I have been coming through. I hope you can forgive me for taking so long about get back around to getting back on track to finish this alternate storyline.

Anyway, here a first part of my next post, hope you?ll like it, the next half should be coming in the next few days.

----------------------------------The Chancellor Arrives ? Part 1------------------------------

Mace Windu briefly surveyed the Chancellor?s Office, still enshrouded in shadow, to ensure that the Chancellor and his allies remained unaware of the Jedi guarding the Office. He looked at the still, crumpled forms of the two Red Guards that had been on sentry duty when Mace had entered the lobby leading to the Chancellor?s Office. They had barely had had time to register that a party of Jedi had entered unannounced before Mace had a reached out with the Force to precisely manipulate and briefly close their carotid arteries, inducing unconsciousness. Further influence since on their unconscious minds would ensure that the remained that way for hours, and they had subsequently been brought into the Office to keep them out of the way of any potential confrontation.

Either side of him, watching the door stood his fellow Masters? Agen Kolar, Saesee Tiin and Shaak Ti, formed in a lose semi-circle surrounding the entrance into the Chancellor?s Office. Beyond, in the lobby that lead from the entrance elevator, was lined on either side by a small squad of six Jedi Knights; lined three either side of each other, preparing themselves mentally for the confrontation to come.

Just after he and his fellow Masters had entered the Chancellor?s Office itself, they had ensured that the Office was under a communications blackout, preventing any interference from outside, once the Chancellor arrived. The plan after that was fairly basic, Mace thought; once the Dark Lord had arrived and walked into their ambush, they would engage him.

They would capture and arrest him if they could, though Mace doubted that would be possible. A Sith Lord that had brought about the darkening of the Force as Sidious had, and that had managed to nearly kill Yoda had would likely be too powerful to subdue alive.

This was going to be a fight to the death.

Whose, Mace wasn?t sure.

Mace took a moment to compose himself, closing his eyes and breathed in deeply, and reached out into the Force. He felt the Masters and the Knights, tense but focused in the Force, calming their minds and allowing the Force to strengthen their spirits for the confrontation ahead. Mace allowed the Force to fill him, until the chorus of its living energy sang within him, empowering him and focusing his mind.

Just as he finished readying himself he felt it, the darkness growing thicker and stronger in the Force around him, a disturbance rising swiftly to meet them from the turbolift.

A quick glace revealed that the other Jedi felt it too, and Mace stated briefly, ?prepare yourselves, Darth Sidious approaches.?

The Jedi turned, tense but focused, as the turbo-lift chimed, announcing the turbo-lift?s arrival.

The doors opened, two Red Guards appeared from the turbolift to be thrown back against the wall by two twin shouts of the Force, to crumple to the floor.

With flashes of sky blue and emerald green, lightsabers sprang into existence in the Jedis? hands, as they moved into a defensive position, turning to face the open turbolift.

For a moment, everything stood frozen, the turbolift enshrouded in deep darkness, when an immense blasé of dark power thundered from the turbolift and the six Jedi Knights were suddenly yanked into the air as though by giant unseen hands.

The six Jedi remained frozen mid-air, emitting strangled gurgles as they were being crushed in the dark power?s immensely powerf

3. Skywalker3248

Jun 5, 2005
    -----------------------------The Chancellor Arrives ? Part 2----------------------------------

As the darkness within the turbolift seemed to form itself into a living Shadow that strode into the midst of the turbolift lobby, casually surveying the broken Jedi corpses surrounding him, violet fire ripped forth from Mace?s right hand, it?s fury blazing forth, lighting the room in purple shadows, accompanied a moment latter by sky-blue and emerald green lighting as the Council Masters? either side of him activated their lightsabers.

?The arrogance of the Jedi never ceases to amaze me,? the Shadow mused. ?Always sending younglings to do a sentient?s job. But, what have we here, ah, Master Windu, I see you had the sense to come yourself with a few more experienced Masters.? A low, chilling laugh came from the Shadow before it finished, ?not that it will avail you much, I?m afraid. You are, simply put, quite out of your depth.?

?We?ll see about that,? the Korun Master responded, glancing briefly at his fallen comrades, before bringing his lightsaber to bear before him, it?s violet hue reflected as the purple fire of controlled fury from Mace?s eyes.

?You have one chance, Chancellor,? Mace continued. ?Surrender, now. You won?t be given a second chance.?

?On what charge, pray tell?? the Shadow laughed darkly in response.

?On the charge of treason, crimes against sentiency, and crimes against civilisation,? Mace returned tersly.

?Oh, really, Master Windu,? the Shadow returned. ?After tonight your precious Republic will no longer exist, I?m afraid. Once more the glories of the Sith Empire will return, and the decrepit ideals of your Republic and Order will be swept away.?

?I don?t think so, Chancellor,? Mace growled in response.

?Really?? the Shadow responded, its voice a low hiss. ?We shall see how long that conviction lasts. Now, let?s get to the matter at hand, shall we. What is it you exactly intend to do with me, hmm, Master Windu??

?Your under arrest, my lord,? Mace responded, ?by the authority of the Galactic Senate. You will come with us now, under the custody of the Jedi Order.?

A dark, low laughter emanated from the Shadow, ?well, that?s certainly one option, let me suggest an alternative??

A sinisterly twisted sculpture composed almost entirely of dense neuranium behind Mace suddenly grew warm, a red spot appearing from within the twisted metal.

Almost entirely composed of neuranium, because within the sculpture lay a long, slim, rod-shaped cavity, around which the neuranium had been forged, specifically formed to contain the device the concealing of which the entire sculpture had been commissioned for in the first place.

Even as Mace felt the warm, red spot in the Force, the neuranium metal around the spot erupted outwards in a searing blaze of blood-red fire that streaked like plasma fire towards the assembled Masters, its fire crackling the air with it?s murderous rage.

Mace whirled, a flash of brown cloak and violet lighting haze, moving at astounding speed, to bring his lightaber into a diagonal guard against the deadly blood-red plasma hatred hurtling towards the Masters.

To find that it was late. The Sith saber fire had already struck and had returned to hand of its dark Master.

Mace could do nothing but look in horrified silence as he saw Saesee Tiin?s head fell from his shoulders to roll away into the darkness, while the Jedi Master?s body slowly slumped to its knees in an apparent mediation pose, emerald green lightsaber deactivating, before thudding to the floor.

For a brief moment it seemed that Agen Kolar, had survived the onslaught intact, but then he brought his hand to his chest, fingering what Mace realised was a plasma-seared hole through his heart, before the Zabrak sighed, and dropped to the floor, lifeless.

Grimly, Mace turned back towards the living Shadow, sensing Shaak Ti still alive at his left side, face expressionless in the face of the death of her fellow Masters, bring

4. FitJedi

FitJedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 14, 2006
    Absolutely riveting, I can't wait for more. As for the wait, no problem! Glad to see the update, keep up the great work.

5. TorontoJediMaster

TorontoJediMaster Jedi Master star 4

Oct 14, 2001
    Glad to see you're back and that you've updated.

I hope your personal issues work our favourably.

May I suggest announcing on the title bar that you've updated.

I'm not going to comment on the posts yet, as I believe I need to re-read the whole fic first.

Welcome back, again.

6. AP4EVER

AP4EVER Jedi Padawan star 4

May 23, 2005
    :) [:D] Welcome back, Skywalker! And what's even better, you've come back with a bang! Just the way I like it.

Keep up the good work, and don't worry about the time. Take as much as you need, we just like to make sure everything's ok.

Hope everything turns out well.

7. NickStarwalker

NickStarwalker Jedi Master star 1

Dec 7, 2002
    Welcome back Skywalker! Hope that the personal issures were settled in your favor. Hope to see more when you have the time. Later!

8. G__Anakin

G__Anakin Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2006
    Great story=D=

Can't wait for more[face_love]

9. Jedi_Queen_Mx

Jedi_Queen_Mx Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 27, 2003
    The Story Lives!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[face_dancing] =D= [:D] [face_dancing] =D= [:D] [face_dancing] =D= [:D] [face_dancing] =D= [:D] [face_dancing] =D= [:D]

And well worth the wait!!!

:) =P~ :D

But you've left us with an evil cliffee!!!

[face_devil] :p [face_mischief]

Thank you for rally the troops and returning to the story!!! I wish you the very best and happy writing.

[face_praying] [face_peace] :cool: :) @};-

10. jedipati

jedipati Jedi Grand Master star 3

Aug 12, 2000
    Welcom back Skywalker3248! It's nice to see more of this story. Well done!

11. CommanderK23

CommanderK23 Jedi Youngling star 3

May 4, 2004
    Wonderful posts, Skywalker! =D=

Diffenately worth the wait. ;)

12. Darth_Cruel

Darth_Cruel Jedi Master

Sep 15, 2004
    WOW!!!!!!

I just poked my head back in to see if anything is happening. Imagine my ethusiastic surprise when I found that Skywalker3248 has come back from the dead!

Great post. And this time, please, please, please keep it up.

13. Zaphod_Kenobi

Zaphod_Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 1

May 6, 2005
    [face_dancing]=D=[face_dancing]=D=[face_dancing]=D=

W00T! Updated again!

I hope things are working out for you, Skywalker3248. I know what it's like to not be able to update a fanfiction in months, and what it's like to have your very belief system challenged.

But anyway... Sidious vs. Mace & Shaak Ti! I somehow have the feeling that things may not come out all right for them. Well, good luck to Anakin and Red Squadron in taking out the HoloNet satellite!

May the Force be with you!

14. TorontoJediMaster

TorontoJediMaster Jedi Master star 4

Oct 14, 2001
    Moving this up.

15. EGKenobi

EGKenobi Jedi Master star 3

Apr 27, 2005
    I agree,

Fantastic update! Hope all is well and things are now sorted.

EG

16. DarthVaderette

DarthVaderette Jedi Master star 2

May 23, 2004
    Welcome back - great update! Can you PM me updates?

17. Skywalker3248

Jun 5, 2005
    Hey everyone, next update is coming up, just to reply to your replies ?º - and then on with the show.

FitJedi ¡V Thanks, glad to know after some absence that the story¡¦s still OK, and that you are enjoying it.

TorontoJediMaster ¡V Thanks for the welcome, and hopefully all other issues shouldn¡¦t affect this story continuation from now on. I would have an update on the title bar but as yet I don¡¦t know how, I¡¦ll see if I can find out.

AP4EVER ¡V Thank you very much for the warm welcome. Its been quite humbling to see how many people have kept preserving with this story through my long absence. I¡¦m glad you¡¦ve enjoyed this instalment and hope you enjoy the following, and thanks again for the support

NickStarwalker ¡V Thanks for the support, and here is the rest of the post you were looking for.

G_Anakin ¡V Thanks and here the rest!

Jedi_Queen_Mx ¡V Thanks for enthusiastic welcome it was very moving. Further update is now here (though I¡¦m afraid it might not help with the cliffie I left you on)!

jedipati ¡V thanks for the encouragement, and more of the story is here!

CommanderK23 ¡V Glad your liked the last posts, more are coming up!

Darth_Cruel ¡V Well, I try not to let the story drift on for so long again with a reply this time. And there is more just below, so that a start ?º.

Zaphod_Kenobi ¡V Thanks for the support, and glad you enjoyed the story. As for Mace and Shaaki Ti¡¦s fates, well, I¡¦m afraid I¡¦ll just have to keep quiet on that for the moment¡K

EGKenobi ¡V Glad you enjoyed the update, more is coming below!

DarthVaderette ¡V thanks for the welcome and glad you¡¦ve enjoyed the update, and no problem about the PM, I¡¦ll send one now.

Oh, I also used to PM a number other people but after so long I¡¦m sure any long who want to PMed still, so if people could let me know if they do or don¡¦t want to be PM for now on and do accordingly.

Anyway, now on to the story ¡V

----------------------An Unexpected Surprise for the Speaker---------------------------------

The Chargrin approached the entrance of the Chancellor¡¦s Office below the Senate arena. He looked at the two Red Guards that stood either side of the entrance into the Office, for a moment he felt there was something strange about the two, but as a he continued to look on, the Red Guards remained absolutely still, expressionless within their face-less helmets, he saw nothing out of order, apart for the fact that one was noticeably shorter then the other. But then, the Chargrin thought, he had never actually seen any of the Red Guards without their helmets on, and never had know how the Shadow selected his guards, anyway, nor how many there were for that matter. The Chargrin put the vague unease from his mind and walked forward in-between the Red Guards and opened the door.

The Senate Office lay enshrouded in darkness, only a monitor on the desk alit in the shadows. Again the Chargrin found that strange, as he would have thought everything would be powered down. However, the Chargrin thought confidently, nothing could have entered the Office while the Red Guards protected its entrance.

The Chargrin put the vague concern from his mind and walked into the Senate Office, the lights coming to life as the door closed behind him, illuminating the almost completely uniform metallic grey of the Chancellor¡¦s Senate Office. The Chargrin moved behind the desk, sat down and entered his passcode into the Chancellor¡¦s computer and entered the Chancellor¡¦s override commands re-directing sole control of the Senate¡¦s communications to the Chancellor¡¦s Office.

Now, the Chargrin thought smiling, it no longer mattered what the Jedi attempted, Order 66 would be issued one way or the other.

With nothing left for him to do, the Chargrin began to activate the holo-comm. on the main desk, and contact the Chancellor¡¦s main Office, when the Chargrin heard the door to the Office cycle open, followed by the sound of metallic click.

Looking up, he saw the Red Guards had come into the O

18. Skywalker3248

Jun 5, 2005
    ----------------------------------------Senate Takeover-------------------------------------------

Padmé moved quickly to the side of Mas Amedda, and checked him pulse, ensuring that though temporality senseless, he was still alive. Even though the blast had been set to stun, sometimes such a blast could induce more adverse reactions such as heart failure.

However, all seemed well with the Speaker. Padmé was glad, both because she had no wish to kill him, but also she knew they may need Mas Amedda?s testimony before the Senate tonight to demonstrate to extent of Palpatine?s betrayal of the Republic.

Besides, she had no wish to see the Speaker of the Senate escape that easily from being brought to justice for his treason against the Republic.

Looking up she saw Bail Organa, his own Red Guard helmet off, was already at work at the desk?s computer terminal, a look of both concern and triumph playing on his features.

?What is it?? Padmé asked, concern evident in her voice.

?Well,? Bail returned, a tight smile alighting his face, ?I doubt we have worry about having to compel any evidence for our esteemed Speaker over there. Thanks to his most gracious provision of the Chancellor?s access codes, we have both control of the entire Senate building, and access to all the Chancellor?s secret files, and records of his more secret communications.?

Bail looked across directly at Padmé and finished, ?we won?t have to rely on Jedi Skywalker?s testimony alone, in here here we have indisputable evidence of the Chancellor?s communications with Count Dooku, General Grievous and the Seperatist Council, as well as clear records of his moves to destroy the Republic from within?.

?What about the Senate itself,? Padmé asked. ?Are any Senators involved in this treason??

Bail scanned through the records briefly before respond, ?no. Though we know that many know the Chancellor is not just the simple patriot he paints himself to be, none seem to be aware of the extent of his duplicity.?

?Then we have to hurry,? Padmé responded. ?We already sent the call to an emergency session of the Senate from this terminal before Mas Amedda arrived. The available Senators will be gathering in the lobby soon. We have to ensure we have control of the Senate building when they arrive, and the area is prepared. We had also have make sure we have this evidence of Palpatine?s betrayal ready for display, so we can move to an immediate vote for impeachment on the grounds of treason.?

At that moment Mon Mothma and Captain Trypho came into the Office. ?We have managed to secure all the Red Guards in the Alderaan Senate Office?s for the moment, Senator,? Captain Tryho reported. ?Also we have dealt with all the Senate Guards who are guarding the main approaches towards the either Senate Office itself or the Senate arena. By the time either they or the Red Guards wake up, it should be too late. And the Senate Buildings security offices are ours for the moment.?

?Very good, Captain,? Padmé responded. She thought back briefly to their arrive at the Senate - it had only be her, Bail, Mon Mothma and few other Loyalist Senators, and a mixture of Bail?s Alderaanian guards and her own Naboo security detail headed by Captain Trypho. They had ensured their arrivals at the Senate appeared separate, and then meet together at Bail?s Alderaan Senatorial Office. For there Mon Mothma and Captain Trypho led the main strike force composed mostly of the Naboo and Alderaanian security details, who moved to deal with any Red and Senate Guards that were stationed at the main entrances to the Senate arena and the Chancellor?s Senate Office and take control of the Senate Buildings? main security control rooms. The plan was to ?borrow? the Guard?s uniforms once they had dealt with them and then take their place. Padmé herself had gone with Bail and two of his guards to take the Chancellor?s Office.

The two Red Guards who had been standing outside Palpatine?s Office remained unsuspecting of any attack a

19. Skywalker3248

Jun 5, 2005
    -------------------------------------Last Ditch Gamble-------------------------------------

Anakin was in his element. After all the intrigue, plots and counter-plots, it felt good to be back in his starfigher once more, a clear target before him, a definite objective to be achieved.

Effortlessly his Interceptor soared, banked, and span in and out of the hurricane of turbo-laser flak, unerringly weaving an apparently impossible path through the hard rain of super-hot spun green plasma tearing through the space around him, while his own turbo-laser cannons roared almost continuously as they raked away again and again at the satellite station, it?s surface now covered in glowing rings where the continuous fire from the Jedi Interceptor squadron that had torn chunks out of the satellite station?s hull.

Despite this, Anakin thought grimly, as he heard Artoo let out a another sequel of high-pitched beeps as he brought his Inteceptor into spiral dive to fly through another torrent of enemy fire, to loop right back in a blaze of sub-lights into yet another attack run, the attack was having little real effect.

Soon, the communications blackout would end, and the entire defence fleet protecting Coruscant would be upon them in moments. Time was running out, Anakin knew, to be able to take down the HoloNet satellite and buy time to save the Republic.

As if to underline this, Anakin felt a disruption in the Force as one of the Jedi Interceptors blossomed into an orange fire ball that dissipated into a cloud of gas and burning shrapnel spiralling into space. Anakin grimaced slightly as he felt the Bith Padawan become one with the Force.

The older human Padawan had already been cut down by satellite?s spheroids turbo-lasers.

?Red Leader,? Whie?s voice called over the comm. ?Were down to only three fighters, and were still not having any effect on this thing!?

?I know, Red four,? Anakin replied, grimacing, clearly he was not the only one to realise the problem. They had to do something, and soon.

He breathed in, centering himself and reached out into the Force, and for a moment everything seemed to freeze, the HoloNet satellite, spheroid sentinels, Jedi Interceptors and the intense green plasma of the turbo-laser cannon fire, for Anakin everything seemed to sit still in a silent, timeless moment.

Through the Force Anakin assessed the satellite for all directions, and initially its defensive seems impregnable to the assault of the Interceptors ? its shields and hull armor seemed to be to strong. But Anakin felt something beyond the initial appearances, what Master Windu would call the satellite?s shatterpoint. He followed the flow of the feeling, and he saw it.

It was just below the communication control center; a weak spot in the particle shields that dimmed slightly every few seconds under the strafing fire from the Interceptor?s attack runs.

Everything snapped back into breakneck motion as Anakin came back into himself. He grinned, he knew what to do. Of course it wouldn?t be easy, and most Jedi would consider what he had in mind impossible.

But then, he didn?t believe in impossible.

?Red squadron,? Anakin called out over the comm. ?Concentrate your fire on a weak spot in the particle shields just below the satellite?s control center, on the coordinates I?m sending you. At the height of our combined attack run, release your proton torpedoes at the shields.?

?But Red Leader,? Whie?s voice came back, ?that will only burn out the shielding in at area for a second or two at the most. There won?t be enough time to fire a volley at the fuel cells themselves.?

?Don?t worry,? Anakin returned with a smile, ?the opening in the HoloNet?s shields only has to last for a second or so.?

?Why,? Whie asked.

?Because were not going to attempt to fire at the fuel cells through the opening,? Anakin returned.

?Then what are we aiming to do,? the Padawans returned over the comm., their voices betraying their confusion.

?To provide

20. G__Anakin

G__Anakin Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2006
    Good posts

21. Arcalian

Arcalian Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 13, 2005
    THE RETURN OF SKYWALKER3248!!!!=D= [face_dancing]

Wow, when you play catch up, you really do play catch up!!!!!!

*peers around* Where did Obi-Wan go, though?

22. Yoda-i_am

Yoda-i_am Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 10, 2006
    oh man i gotta stop these marathon reads its killin me

good story keep em coming

[face_peace]

23. Zaphod_Kenobi

Zaphod_Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 1

May 6, 2005
    Ooooh, Sids ain't gonna be happy when he finds that the Senate (or, almost all the Senate; if I know about enough politicians, there will probably be some brain-dead slob who'll support Palpidious to the end) has turned against him.

So Anakin is gonna do something very reckless? Well, I'm not surprised. I hope he pulls through just fine.

May the Force be with you!

24. Darth_Cruel

Darth_Cruel Jedi Master

Sep 15, 2004
    Another great post! Splended!!

*begins chant*

Gotta have more! Gotta have more! Gotta have more! Gotta have more!

[face_dancing][face_dancing][face_dancing][face_dancing][face_dancing]

25. AP4EVER

AP4EVER Jedi Padawan star 4

May 23, 2005
    [face_laugh] I'm just imaging Amedda's face as Padme turned his world uposide down with a single shot.[face_laugh]

Supurb posts, Skywalker. I'm just itching to see if Anakin's plans reap fruit.:D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.