main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga The Chosen One Rises - Alternate ROTS novel (based off the Stover novel) *Completed*

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Skywalker3248, Jun 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MotionWright

MotionWright Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 15, 2007
    I'm so glad you've updated. :) This is one of the most gripping action stories I have ever read.

2. Skywalker3248

Skywalker3248 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 5, 2005
    Hey MotionWright, thanks for the good words, glad you've enjoyed to the story. Anyway, I kept writting after aI posted the last reply ealier on and finished this next bit sooner than I expected.

Hope you enjoy.

-------------------------Tight Landings and Last Stands-----------------

The holocomm. of the Chancellor?s desk had activated, connecting it to the clone trooper units across the galaxy, and the Shadow prepared to pronounce the words that bring about the end of the Jedi, fulfilling the dreams of the Sith Lords down the ages. It paused, relishing the moment, when the holocomm.?s hologram lasers suddenly wavered and faded into static, a warning light flashing on the Chancellor?s desk, informing the Shadow that the connection to the HoloNet had been lost.

The Shadow glared down at the holocomm. with the rage of a thousand years ambition suddenly thwarted flowing through it as it realised that somehow the Jedi had managed to outmanoeuvred it in a manner that it had not foreseen. Glaring out at the Coruscanti landscape beyond the shattered windows of the Chancellor?s Office the Shadow reached out with dark perception into the Force, and with a shock realised what had happened. With a sudden cry of anger the Shadow reached out with the Force to tear the Chancellor?s desk from it?s moorings on the floor of the Chancellor?s Office with the sound of rending metal and a splutter of sparks, to send it crashing against he far wall with a thunderous impact.

But then the Shadow turned back towards the window and smiled, as it realised that the general communication blackout that Skywalker had inflicted on the Republic could work both way. They equally could only contact specific forces one by one, and then only if they knew their specific location. Some intuition had caused the Shadow to set up a backup plan if somehow its plans were to fail, and now the Shadow knew what had caused that intuition. It had been Skywalker.

Know that the Shadow reached to activate his local comm.. contained within it?s robes, to contact the Red Guards that it had sent to prepared the Chancellor?s personal shuttle.

?Is everything on the shuttle ready?? the Shadow called over his comm., ?yes, my Lord,? a Red Guard responded obediently, ?your shuttle is fully prepped and the navigation co-ordinates you gave us have been imputed into the shuttle?s nav-computer.? ?Very well,? the Shadow hissed darkly, ?bring my shuttle to the Chancellor?s Office window.? ?As you command, my Lord,? a Red Guard replied.

With a dark laugh, its confidence returned, the Shadow stated aloud to itself, ?all the Jedi and their precious Chosen One have achieved is to gain themselves a reprieve from the destruction that is to come.?

Suddenly, to the Shadow?s right, violet fire suddenly blazed to life, searing through one of its sculptures, as the Korun Jedi Master struggled back to his feet, swaying slightly, but managing to securely plant his feet, and held his saber squarely before him.

Looked straight at the Shadow Mace Windu declared with a clear, hard voice, ?not if there?s anything I have to say about it, my Lord.??

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

?Cold reptilian eyes took in with dark relish the slaughter that lay before them, gazing at the smashed, broken and dismembered corpses of the Separatist Council that now littered the main control center of Mustafar, their blood covering the floor around him and his MagnaGuards. After a final moment spent enjoying the view, General Grievous strode forward, crushing the head of Poggle the Lesser underneath his taloned feet, as he lifted up the corpse of the Viceroy Nute Gunray to his face. Looking into the face of his hated enemy, Grievous? vocabulator began to intone, ?well, Viceroy, are you not impressed with the work of the weapons you helped build??

The bio-droid then threw the sabered Neimodian corpse to smash against the far wall of the main control center, the once final redoubt

3. TorontoJediMaster

TorontoJediMaster Jedi Master star 4

Oct 14, 2001
    Woo-hoo! An update!

I'll be back later to read it in detail.

4. jedipati

jedipati Jedi Grand Master star 3

Aug 12, 2000
    And we have update! Very nice, Skywalker, very well done. Hopefully more will be coming soon.

5. Skywalker3248

Jun 5, 2005
    Hey, just finished a little bit more to the story.

TorontoJedi - Glad to see you, hope you enjoy what read when you get a chance to fully check it out.

jedipati - I'm gkad you enjoyed the update, and hope continue to enjoy the next part.

(a little side note, message from Anakin that Padme plays in this chapter appeared earlier, but I thought I'd better write down the entire message again, rather than just refer to it, as that chapter's a couple of pages back and was a few months ago)

And here's the update, hope you enjoy

------------------------------A Sith Lord Unmasked----------------------

Padmé, standing on the Chancellor?s Podium, flanked by Bail Organa and Mon Mothma, looked down at the numerous galactic Senators gathering into the booths, all showing varying combinations of resentment and confusion at the unscheduled late night summons to a emergency session of the Senate, that become yet more confused as they saw Padmé, Bail and Mon Mothma in the Chancellor?s Podium, rather than Palpatine, Mas Amedda, and the Chancellor?s usual attendants. And this was now combined with a sense of growing trepidation, as just minutes earlier as they had arrived at the Senate the HoloNet had gone down, covering Coruscant and the rest of the Republic with in a general communication blackout, just as Anakin had planned. There was an obvious fear among a number of Senators and their attendants that this could be a prelude to another Separatist attack, and many Senators now wondered if Palpatine?s absence at this Senate session was because something had happened to him. They worried if the Chancellor had been assassinated, and many among the Senators suddenly feared how the Republic would be able to survive is something had happened to Palpatine himself. The truth, as they were about to find out, Padmé thought, was far worse.

Padmé could only hope that Anakin had managed to take out the HoloNet in time to prevent Sidious from activating Order 66. However she forced all thoughts of Anakin out of her mind for now; whatever Anakin and the Jedi faced at the moment there was nothing she could do to help, and she needed to focus on what had to be done here. If she let her mind dwell on Anakin for even a moment, fear for his safety would distract her from keeping her mind fully on insuring that Palpatine was exposed for what he really was, with potentially fatal results.

As the last of the Senators assembled to take their seats within the Senate, they looked with concerned expectation towards the Chancellor?s Podium for the Senate session to begin, giving Padmé the cue she had been waiting for. Standing up, she looked over to Bail and Mon Mothma, and whispered, ?well, here goes nothing,? and received tight smiles of encouragement in return.

Padmé realised as she looked across the Senate arena, that they had been fortunate that the Speaker of the Senate had come into the Senate Office when he had. Thanks to the codes and id that Mas Amedda had provided them, Padmé, Bail and Mon Mothma had found that they were able to access the holo-records of all the Chancellor?s dealings, not only in the Senate Office, but thanks to Palpatine?s obsession with control, they were also able to obtain records of meetings that had taken place both within the Chancellor?s Office, and an unknown communication center apparently located at 500 Republica. A number of these recordings, particularly those in the Chancellor?s Office and his unknown based showed the Chancellor in contact with the late Count Dooku, General Grievous and the Separatist Council, leaking Republic secrets and commanding the Separatist forces as the Sith Lord Darth Sidious. While located within his secret center the Chancellor dressed in his Sith robes, openly revealing himself as Darth Sidious, and was accompanied at times by Separatist Genosians. Padmé could only hope it would be sufficient to cause the Senate to acknowledge the Chancellor?s betrayal. Though evidence itself was damning, as the Senators? own booth computers? would authenticate t

6. Flipside82

Flipside82 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 9, 2006
    Awesome, Skywalker! I'm on the edge of my seat!

7. MotionWright

MotionWright Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 15, 2007
    Another excellent chapter. I like Padmé's speech, and I think you described the Senate's reactions realistically.

8. Skywalker3248

Jun 5, 2005
    Hey again,

Flipside82 - I'm glad you're enjoying the story, hope you continue to do so!

MotionWright - Glad you liked that chapter, and Padme's speech, and I'm glad you thought the Senate's reaction was realistic.

Anyway, below is just a tiny little chapter, I hope to add more, mabye tommorrow, possibly tonight (my time). But here's what I've written so far (thought it might be helpful to check in and see what Obi's been up to)

---------------------------------Tracking Grievous---------------------------------------

With the hypnotic smoking vortex of outraced light flying past his cockpit?s windows, Obi-Wan rapidly transversed his way across the non-realm of hyperspace, following the trail of General Grievous last co-ordinates. Following the bio-droid?s trail had not proved easy, as Grievous had, in an attempt to hide his true destination, left a number of false leads in his co-ordinates. For most, it would have proved an impossible trail to follow, particularly as it involved risked a pilot continually finding their way through hyperspace which was exceptionally risky. This was because once a pilot risked diverting from their set co-ordinates and known hyper-lanes, they entered into the more dangerous and unknown areas of hyperspace. These were areas where a pilot could easily be lost for ever, or be destroyed from colliding with an unknown mass shadow or any number of other unknown dangers found in the non-realm of hyperspace.

However, one of the advantages that hyperspace afforded a Jedi was that it boosted considerably their perception through the Force. Allowing the Force to be his guide, Obi-Wan deftly avoided the dangers of hyperspace, while his heightened Force preception allowed Obi-Wan to keep on Grievous true path, avoiding all the false leads that droid general attempted to use to disguise his true location.

Now, having moved past the last false co-ordinate, Obi-Wan had managed to pin down the bio-droid?s true destination. He realised with some surprise that Grievous had gone to the Mustafar system, which though a known Separatist system, having once been the site of a Techno Union mining operation, had throughout the Wars been considered largely unimportant. However, Obi-Wan mused, as he recalled what he did know about the lava-covered planet, its mining complex would make a perfect hide-out and final defence of the Separatist leadership, and therefore might be the very place the Separatist Council was concealing themselves.

If that was true, Obi-Wan considered that he might need some backup to deal with whatever he might end up facing on the lava planet complex. His best option, Obi-Wan concluded, was to revert to real space slightly outside the Mustafar system, just beyond the range of its facilities? ability to pick his, or rather Kit Fisto?s, Inteceptor on their long range scanners, and then call for aid from the Temple. With this pain in mind, Obi-Wan moved his Interceptor quickly through the non-realm of hyperspace, hoping that soon General Grievous could be engaged once more, bringing an end to this war and helping Anakin and the Jedi Council expose the true identity of Darth Sidious.

9. DarthJishyWishy

DarthJishyWishy Jedi Youngling star 1

May 4, 2007
    well well obi-wan is a little outdated huh?
    [face_monkey]
    please add me to the pm list.
    i've been lurking for a while

10. CommanderK23

CommanderK23 Jedi Youngling star 3

May 4, 2004
    I'm so glad to see that you're updating this again! [face_dancing] I loved the posts, they were full of suspence. I can't wait for the next update! :)

11. Skywalker3248

Jun 5, 2005
    Hey everyone.

DarthJishyWhishy - Yep, Obi's certainly going to have some catching up to do, and no problem about PMing you. Hope you enjoy the story.

Commander K23 - glad your still reading the story, and I'm happy your stil enjoying it. And the next update's coming up.

And here it is, hope you enjoy it!

--------------------------Duel over Coruscant---------------------------

?So,? the Shadow hissed at Anakin sarcastically, ?the ?Chosen One? has decided to join this pleasant little meeting and attempt to save his Jedi Masters like the loyal kath hound you?ve become.? As it whipped back to look at Anakin fully in the face, Anakin could feel it?s cold, dark power reach out, attempting to tear into his heart and freeze his very spirit, forcing Anakin to take a step back under the sudden dark onslaught, drawing on all of his strength to keep himself centered in the Living Force, drawing it?s strength and warmth deep into himself, and pushed the dark hold away, allowing the heat of the Light to burn away the cold darkness that was attempting to sap his spirit.

Anakin?s eyes now meet those of the Dark Lord and returned, ?that won?t work on me, Sidious. Your attempts at influencing or weakening me are at an end. In the last few days I?ve come to understand much more about the truth of the Force and of myself then I ever knew before.?

?Yes,? the Shadow replied, a note of respect evident in its voice. ?You have indeed grown powerful, as I always knew you would. But you have chosen the path of the fool, choosing to let yourself and your power be bound by the fog of lies the Jedi have weaved around you, to be shackled by the arbitrary morality of the Jedi and the weaklings they claim to protect would force on you.? Even now, Anakin found it difficult to believe that these were the words of the being he once knew as Palpatine, a man he considered a friend and mentor, as family. ?I offered you a chance at true power, true freedom, to know the paths of the dark side and understand the full reality and potential of the Force. You say I manipulated you, and indeed, perhaps there is truth to that, but,? at this the Shadow lifted it?s hand and clenched it into a fist, ?it was to prepare you to be someone who would grasp the power set before them with both hands without hesitation or regret, to become a being of true power and significance in the galaxy to come, to rule it at my side. You could have become the Sith?ari, the perfect being the Sith Order has long searched for, but instead you choose to remain just the Jedi?s Chosen One, to serve their pathetic hope that you could stop the darkness to come. If you had followed me, you could have had the power to master what Darth Plageius my master sought, and achieved immortality for yourself and anyone else that you cared for. But now there is nothing left for you but death, your final hours spent in darkness and pain.?

?Your words don?t confuse me anymore, Sidious,? Anakin returned, carefully moving forward, placing himself between the Shadow and the wounded Master Windu. He was badly hurt, Anakin sensed clearly, from his battle with the Sith Lord, the Korun Master?s right hand severed and his left arm injured by a lightsaber cut, and the rest of his body damaged by a combination of physical trauma and Force lighting electrocution. Having been on the receiving end of both himself, Anakin sympathised with Master Windu, but found himself astonished at the power of the Korun Master?s will - even now, Master Windu was still fighting to remain conscious. Anakin smiled inwardly in respect, and focused his attention back towards the Shadow. ?I see through the lies of the Sith,? Anakin continued, ?you talk about power and destiny, yet the truth is you would have had me become a slave to the dark side and yourself, to become something only ever able bring pain and destruction everything and everyone around me. To become a mass murderer and tyrant is not much of destiny, and as for you view of immortality, I see its truth in you now. Behind that

12. CommanderK23

May 4, 2004
    That was intense! :eek: Wow, just wow. :eek: What's gonna happen next? Have to know more... [face_praying]

13. DarthJishyWishy

May 4, 2007
    You whup him Ankakin ;)
    Reminds me of Episode II when Anakin was fighting on Zam's speeder.

14. Skywalker3248

Jun 5, 2005
    Hey everyone,

Commander K23 - glad you liked that bit, hopw you like this little bit extra, though it might still keep you suspense!

DarthJishywishy - glad you liked the beginning of Anakin's battle with Sidious. hope you like the next bit

had quite finished this bit before, have now and can add it to what I posed before, hope you like it.

---------------------Senate Rises to Life-------------------------------

Padmé looked around the Senate arena, observing expressions of confusion, fear and, among some Senators, rising anger, as the illusions that the Senators had allowed to be spun around them over the last thirteen years, was now torn down, forcing them to face the harsh reality had now confronted them all. However, Padmé could see a sense of powerlessness and complacency threatening to take hold of the Senate, and Padmé stood back to front of Podium, refusing to allow the Senate hid from the truth and its responsibility to the Republic any longer. They already remained inactive for too long as it was; it was more than half the reason the galaxy was in the state it was, and she was determined that this would no longer be the case again.

The Republic may fall into the long night, but not without a fight, she determined, not without the Senate once more attempting to live up to its highest ideals and calling.

?Senators,? Padmé called, her voice ringing out across the arena, drawing the attention of the Senators out of their introspection to look towards her. ?Now that we finally know the true reality of this war, it?s time we stood up for the Republic and its citizens that we claim to serve. Senators, for to long we have kept our heads buried in the sand, ignoring what has been going on around us, right in the middle of this arena. We have allowed this Sith Lord to twist events right before us, allowing him to tell us what to think or feel, and blinding ceding him more and more power without ever ask why, and all along he has been plotting and working towards our destruction.?

Again, Akk Akk spoke up, speaking the feelings of many of the gathered Senators. ?But what can we do now, Sentator Amidala?? As you say Palpatine or Sidious or whoever he is now holds power, he has the army at his control, what chance do we have now? Maybe our best option, how best we can serve our people is to attempt to form an accommodation with the Sith Lord. At least for the time being,? the Malastare Senator finished.

You gutless coward, Padmé thought to herself, but responded, ?we can finally live up to our duty, Senator. Take responsibility for our past inaction and failures, and take the action as we should have done long ago, in short to become the Senate again? Padmé continued, ?as the body representing the Republic, while we still remain that, we must now officially recognise and indict Palpatine as traitor and enemy of the Republic. We must through our weight behind the Jedi?s attempts to stop this Sith Lord and his war to destroy the Republic. As we stand here right now the Jedi fight for the future of the Republic, including Master Skywalker. Right as you came into this session, the HoloNet when down, which can only mean that Master Skywalker and the Jedi have already successfully achieved part of their plan to rescue our Republic. That means as yet Palpatine does not have control of the Grand Army or the Republic navy, and we still have hope, and we have to grab this chance and act now!?

Looking around, she saw that her speech was having an impact with a number of Senators, playing to their outrage and sense of betrayal and at least a few to their sense of duty and honor. And though she hated that it would take making this personal for the Senators to ensure the Senate would final stand up and do the right thing, she proceeded to state, ?and if we don?t act now how long do you think the Senate will survive in any real way when this Sith Lord has taken charge of the galaxy? As Palpatine as declared in the evidence we showed you, it will be stripped off all po

15. DarthJishyWishy

May 4, 2007
    I'm glad Senator Akk Akk is finally right in his head. ;)
    I see you like posting in little portions huh?
    I replied before you posted the 2nd part.
    Nice update. =D=
    :)

16. CommanderK23

May 4, 2004
    I'm glad to the "sleeping giant" has been revived. :) [face_thinking] Now that they're awake what will they do?

Mace is like, wow. :eek: He's one tough dude to kill. [face_thinking] Maybe that's why Sidious threw him out a window last time. :p

I like, I like. =D=

17. Jedi_Queen_Mx

Jedi_Queen_Mx Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 27, 2003
    ...//finishes reading//...

Gasp!!!

*breathless*

Pant!!!

*still breathless*

:eek:

OMG!!!!!!

=D= =D= =D= =D= =D=

By the Force, that was sooooooooooooooooo awesome!!!!!

:cool: :D

You made my weekend!!! When I was reading the last chapter the song "Born to be Alive" (oh cool, the extended version :cool: ) came on and I've been dancing around ever since.

Thanks and Blessed Be!!!!

[face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing]

18. Flipside82

Jan 9, 2006
    Totally Awesome updates Skywalker. This is becoming quite the thriller. Can't wait to see the rest of the final duel between light and darkness. And isn't Palpatine gonna be upset when he learns that the Senate has declared him a traitor. Oh, and poor Padme. I hope she's gonna be all right. Don't keep us waiting too long for more.

19. Jek_Windu

Jek_Windu Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 26, 2003
    Finally, an update! I had missed this.

20. Skywalker3248

Jun 5, 2005
    Hey everyone,

DarthJishyWhishy - I guess Akk Akk finally saw the light. And glad you liked the update.

Commander K23 - Yep, the Republic arises! (about time!). A Mace, he definitely is one tough as nails (I certainly wouldn't want to cross him)

Jedi_Queen_Mx - Hey, glad to see your still enjoyingmy story, and I'm glad you enjoyed the last updates, hope the next one keeps you dancing!

Flipside82 - I'm very glad you've enjoyed to the last posts so much. And for more of the duel between Anakin and Sidious read on (though whether it's final duel you'll have to see for yourself). Your certainly right Sidious won't be happy to find out the Senate's declared him a traitor, and keep your figures crossed for Padme!

Jek_Windu - glad you liked the update, hope you like the next bit!

And here's the next bit of the story, hope you enjoy!

-----------------------Battle over the Skies----------------------------

The cityscape of Coruscant blurred rapidly past Anakin as the Chancellor?s shuttle continued to accelerate, weaving rapidly through the night-time Coruscanti traffic, while Anakin fought against the Shadow who was like the dark side given form, a black abyss in the Force that concentrated all the hatred, malice, rage and evil of the galaxy into its cold heart. A hatred, malice and rage that the Shadow now focused against Anakin, its power thundering over him like a dark tidal wave ? a wave that was cut through by the solar fire of the Living Force that pulsed from within Anakin?s heart, now fully unleashed for the first time, focused by compassion, love and an unbreakable will, sustained by Anakin?s connections with all those he loved and cared for.

Back and forth, Shadow and Chosen One were a blur of motion and fury, Sith bloodshine and sky-blue lighting lashed out at each other in a near-invisible torrent of hacks, slashes, thrusts and parries, appearing to any outside observer to be twin tornado corneas of sky-blue and bloodshine plasma that crashed and tore away at each other, while both combatants used the Force hold themselves stead on the shuttle?s hull is it hurtled through Coruscant?s night sky.

Back and forth Anakin battled the Shadow across the hull of the shuttle, astonished at the speed, strength and power he now possessed, as his lightsaber flew, danced and whirled, searing the air around him, striking at the Shadow while parrying the Shadow?s own lashing saber from seemingly a hundred different directions at once. Immersed in the Force, Anakin allowed it to guide to his movements and anticipate the Shadow?s relentless attacks, using it for his eyes as both he and the Shadow now moved faster then Anakin?s natural eyes could follow ? to them they both appeared as nothing more than blurs of movement, crowned by the blue-white and bloodshine lighting corneas that flashed between them.

The thunderous clash of their conflict increased in tempo and unrestrained ferocity, snaring plasma tearing away at each other in thunderous lighting clashes that rang out over the Coruscant sky lanes, like nothing more than a localised thunderstorm blazing away above the Chancellor?s shuttle. And soon the lightsaber clash was accompanied by shouts of the Force that tore the air around Anakin and the Shadow, smashing nearby craft off course, out of the sky lane, and the Dark Lord once more began to lash out with blasts of blue-white hatred that arced back and forth between Anakin and the Shadow, clashing off their sabers, caught and reflected by sometimes free hands, to dissipate until the Shadow renewed its assault.

And so the battle might have continued in endless deadlock, saber fire flashing at lighting speed, Force blasts and lighting tearing the air around them, except the Shadow, with streaking rush, moved forward to lock the bloodshine fire of his saber with the snaring blue-white fury of Anakin?s saber. And the blur of breakneck motion that had been Anakin and the Shadow, coalesced back into forms of Anakin and the Dark Lord, energy from the blades crackling against each

21. Flipside82

Jan 9, 2006
    Somehow knew it wouldn't be that easy. Are you a professional writer Skywalker. If not, you should give it a go.

22. DarthJishyWishy

May 4, 2007
    your talented at writing action.
    anxious to see how this ends.
    =P~

23. FitJedi

FitJedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 14, 2006
    I just got all caught up here, and I must say skywalker that I am glad to see this wonderful fic up again. Please keep me on the pm list. I'm glad DRL finally let go of you again.

24. CommanderK23

May 4, 2004
    I knew it! As soon as I finished reading Palpatine's taunt, I thought: Obi-Wan! He's on Mustafar! He's at the CIS's stronghold! Anakin has to get to Obi-Wan!

Oh, wow, this chapter was incredible! The discription was amazing. I can't wait for more! =D=

25. TorontoJediMaster

TorontoJediMaster Jedi Master star 4

Oct 14, 2001
    Great set of posts.

For those of us who have lost internet connections at crucial times, you can almost feel for Sidious when he loses the holonet. I guess he didn't bother with trying to call in an IT guy.

Good that Obi-Wan was able to get off a message as to his destination and his need for back-up. I guess Anakin will be leading some reinforcements to Mustafar. I'm still speculating that the ultimate fate of Grievous will be as a block of metal that Obi-Wan will use as an end table in his quarters.

Can't wait for the next post.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.