main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST The Force, the Chosen One, Balance, and the ST

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Immortiss, Aug 26, 2013.

1. LunarMoth

LunarMoth Jedi Master star 4

Nov 27, 2012
    It's not a matter of surviving whatever attack killed either of them. It's a matter of a mastery of an aspect of the Force that would allow them to return.

Dra--- and Darth Archimage like this.
  2. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    I think it makes sense for Sidious to have every ability that Plagueis has. "Taught his apprentice everything he knew".

3. LunarMoth

Nov 27, 2012
    That's what they all say......

We'll see what happens. We might both be wrong.

4. Dra---

Dra--- Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2012
    Ability vs. interest is an important distinction I believe Immortiss and Darth_Pevra have both brought up before. Sidious is a materialist who uses the force to achieve as much power as possible in the physical world. Plagueis was more concerned with the metaphysical or spiritual aspects of the Force, and it seems as though he wanted to achieve a God-like immortality rather than material power.

So Palpatine may have learned about living forever as a spirit or becoming one in the Force, but he may not have been interested in them. He would have wanted as much physical longevity and power as possible, and not cared about any other plane of reality.

Still, if the writers want to choose between bring either P back, they might just choose Palpatine because he would have the knowledge to come back (probably) but more importantly, because it's simpler to bring him back rather than Plagueis, which demands even more explanation.

5. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    The problem is, if they bring back either one, then why not bring back Maul, too. In fact, why stop there? Why not bring back Vader and Tyranus, too?

Don't get me wrong, because I'm advocating for Plagueis as the old but new threat, myself. But where do we draw the line?

6. LunarMoth

Nov 27, 2012
    There is no reason to draw a line. Plagueis can return under the simple idea of being selfish with the power. He's a Sith.

Dra--- likes this.
  7. Circular Logic

Circular Logic Jedi Master star 4

Mar 3, 2013
    We draw the line only after they resurrect the DARK LORD OF THE BITH!

[​IMG]

8. Dra---

Dec 30, 2012

Creeptastic.

Circular Logic likes this.
  9. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    According to Ian, he wasn't even contacted yet by LFL. Therefore it is very unlikely that Palpatine would be the primary villain.

10. LunarMoth

Nov 27, 2012
    He won't be. :mad:

11. Immortiss

Immortiss Force Ghost star 5

Mar 10, 2013
    I think Qui-Gon, Yoda and Obi-Wan would be very interested in the unwelcome visitor in the Netherworld. Perhaps Plagueis greeted each one as they crossed over.

How do you top the Death Star? 'The ability to destroy a planet is insignificant next to the power of the Force." Plagueis's unnatural abilities will prove this...I hope.
    Anakin will need the help of his heirs if he is to fulfill the Prophecy. The Sons and Daughters of Skywalker will be front and center. Their mission will be the difference, if Anakin is to fulfill his density,...er,...I mean destiny.

I agree with this wholeheartedly, but the story is more compelling when existence is in question, not simply maintaining balance. If the Sith are back, I hope their evil is an existential threat, not a maintenance threat.
    Anakin's role should not be relegated to the back burner, in my opinion. It would be unsatisfying if his arc in the series ended with some small contribution. I would suggest turning it around. Let the Skywalker progeny be the connection for Anakin in the material world to allow him to fulfill the prophecy in both. If existence is at stake, it's at stake for the the new heroes and the ethereal beings, as well. As GL would say, it's a symbiotic relationship. The Chosen One needs the new heroes to complete his mission. Prophecy fulfillment is dependent on the successful completion of their mission, if Anakin is to complete his in the end.

The series, like it or not, has been entirely about Anakin. If Plagueis attempts to force choke the Force itself and the new heroes are isolated from their forbears (Anakin and perhaps even Luke), then it will be entirely up to said heroes to find the key in which Anakin can return to destroy the Sith, bring balance to the Force and fulfill the prophecy, once and for all...The End.

12. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
  13. Dra---

Dec 30, 2012

Maybe it's just me, but this Sith Bith is much more threatening than the a Muun Sith. Darth Plagueis would be cooler retconned this way.

Darth_Pevra likes this.
  14. Immortiss

Mar 10, 2013
    quote="The Hellhammer, post: 51000561, member: 1374953"]

[​IMG][/quote]

"Now you're messin' with, uh, Son of a Bith!"

Isn't that AC/DC?

Is that Darth Tenebrous?[

Circular Logic and Dra--- like this.
  15. Dra---

Dec 30, 2012
    Darth Infernis.

Immortiss likes this.
  16. LunarMoth

Nov 27, 2012
    If they retcon Plagueis I think they will make him human, but I dont think they are going to retcon him.

Muun's the word.:)

Immortiss, StoneRiver and Dra--- like this.
  17. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Nope, it's Nazareth.

Pro Scoundrel and Immortiss like this.
  18. TtheForceHurts

TtheForceHurts Jedi Master star 4

Jan 28, 2010
    I don't remember exactly, did Plaguies kill that Bith he kept as a guinea pig or was his fate only hinted at?

19. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    BTW, Immortiss , thanks A LOT for getting that song stuck in my head. :mad: :p

Immortiss and Dra--- like this.
  20. Circular Logic

Mar 3, 2013
    Click the link on the picture I posted to find out. :)

Yes, Plagueis killed Venamis after reviving him too many times, causing the Bith's organs to give out and fail, making his final death, well, final.

Immortiss likes this.
  21. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    More like Darth Satan.

Dra--- likes this.
  22. LunarMoth

Nov 27, 2012
    I like the Guns n' Roses cover........ But yes, Nazareth. Darth Nazareth.

Immortiss and eht13 like this.
  23. Circular Logic

Mar 3, 2013
  24. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    There is a great disturbance in my stomach. I have a new hankering. A Whopper with lettuce, tomato, ketchup... and one pickle.

Immortiss and Dra--- like this.
  25. Immortiss

Mar 10, 2013
    At least you do not have a great disturbance in your bowels!:)

Dra--- and Darth Chiznuk like this.