main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Chosen One

Discussion in 'Literature' started by asimon2005, Jan 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. asimon2005

asimon2005 Jedi Youngling

May 18, 2005
    Their is a Star Wars book that talks about Anakin as the Chosen one and that he was never suppose to be a jedi. He was suppose to be a Sith from the beginning I thought the book was Legacy of the Jedi or Secrets of the Jedi but it wasn't. I need the name of the book but I couldn't find it on wikipedia.

2. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    I've seen a few books briefly comment on matters related to this, but I've never heard of a book specifically dedicated to it.

3. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    I think it's a mirage.

4. SuperLariat

SuperLariat Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 8, 2003
    I think you read a fanfic

5. Zorrixor

Zorrixor Chosen One star 6

Sep 8, 2004
    Closest thing I can think of is the New Essential Chronology hinting at Plagueis creating Anakin and his being a Sith being predestined stemming from that.

But, yeah, confusing a novel with a fanfic sounds likely.

6. rhonderoo

rhonderoo Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 7, 2002
    A lot of books (resource books, especially) hinted at it since it was a teaser in ROTS, but it's just a "what if", since the question will likely never be answered. I think the official statement is that the Force created him, from whatever means was originally taken and he brought balance to the Force as the prophecy stated.

7. snelson

snelson Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 21, 2005
    darth plageuis did not create anakin palpatine was lying to anakin he or his master did not have the power to create life.

yes anakin was the chosen one george lucas said he was.

8. Qui-Gon_Reborn

Qui-Gon_Reborn Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 11, 2008
    Sidious's master was the only one with the power to manipulate the midi-chlorians.

9. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    That's debatable, considering freaking Sidious is the source. It's like believing the people who say the Holocaust didn't happen. :p

10. Qui-Gon_Reborn

Qui-Gon_Reborn Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 11, 2008
    I think it's pretty much canon at this point. ;)

11. DarthBoba

Jun 29, 2000
    So's Hobbie somehow surviving crashing his snowspeeder into Veers' AT-AT in TESB. Doesn't mean it's a particularly wise idea. :p

And...

If Plagueis taught Palpatine "everything he knew", then why is Palpatine relying on clone bodies in Dark Empire? ;)

Edit:

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Midi-chlorian_manipulation

"Is it possible to learn this power?"
    "Not from a Jedi."
    ?Anakin Skywalker and Palpatine[src]

Midi-chlorian manipulation was form of Sith Alchemy allegedly mastered by Darth Plagueis. Requiring immense knowledge of the dark side of the Force, it was the ability to create, maintain, or save life through the influencing of midi-chlorians to a certain degree.
    Darth Plagueis stated that a child born of this power would be the embodiment of the Force. Later, Palpatine used the promise of this power's effects to entice Anakin Skywalker further to the dark side.[1] He had also made the same proposition to Ferus Olin. It is also possible Darth Plagueis used this to create Anakin Skywalker.

Allegedly and possible do not a canon statement on Anakin's origins make. ;)

12. T-R-

T-R- Chosen One star 5

Aug 13, 2003
    DVD commentary does make cannon, and the producer of the movie, who worked closely with Lucas on the story of the PT, says it is important information on the origin of Anakin.

If it wasn't true it wouldn't be important.

Btw, Lucas never said he was lying as a previous poster claims. It also in no way violates Anakin being the chosen one.

13. The_Four_Dot_Elipsis

The_Four_Dot_Elipsis Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 3, 2005
    Ah, yes. Rick McCallum. Who told us that Episode III would totally explain why Boba Fett hates the Skywalker's so much!

Yeah, he's a veritable fountain of wisdom.

14. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    YES! Excellent statement there, Four_Dot! Totally right! I approve 100%!

Yes, man!

Totally.

I Kurtz, I mean, "curse" the day anyone stops listening to him! :p

15. Arawn_Fenn

Jul 2, 2004
    He was right about the missiles, wasn't he? Sort of? In a way? [face_whistling]:p

Sidious never said only one person could manipulate midichlorians.

16. DarthBoba

Jun 29, 2000
    ...And from the Official Site:

http://www.starwars.com/databank/character/anakinskywalker/index.html

Much mystery surrounds the birth of Anakin Skywalker. There was no father -- Shmi Skywalker carried him in her womb and gave birth to him, yet how he came to be remains a puzzle. Some speculate that it was the will of the Force. Darker theories point to forbidden Sith experiments that could coax midi-chlorians to create life. Whatever the explanation, Anakin was destined to be special, despite his lowly status as a slave.

It's either-or as far as the OS is concerned. You can believe that the Force created him, or you can believe a Sith did; there is no right or wrong answer. ;)

And as the two people we hear direct opinions on Anakin's origins are 1) Qui-Gon Jinn and 2) Darth Sidious, I think I'll be sticking with Qui-Gon, who has no personal stake in how Anakin was created.

17. T-R-

T-R- Chosen One star 5

Aug 13, 2003
    I believe Jinn as well, because all he said was it's possible Anakin was conceived by midichlorians, which is exactly what Palpatine said happened. Except Palpatine tells us how it happened. Jinn never said it was the force which caused it.

18. DarthBoba

Jun 29, 2000
    Yep. Qui-Gon is ambigous; that still doesn't say that Palpatine is right. And until the OS says otherwise, one view over the other doesn't apply. ;)

19. Arawn_Fenn

Jul 2, 2004
    Until Lucas says otherwise.:p

20. T-R-

T-R- Chosen One star 5

Aug 13, 2003
    But one view is expressed/hinted at in the movies and the other isn't. ;)

21. Master_Starwalker

Master_Starwalker Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2003
    It's implied by the fact that midis tell you the Will of the Force and are also the things which conceived Anakin.

22. KaiburrCrystal

KaiburrCrystal Jedi Youngling

Mar 25, 2008
    My belief is Anakin is the Sithari mentioned in the Bane books. I mean he did save the galaxy from the Jedi.

23. Master_Starwalker

Master_Starwalker Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2003
    Only before handing it back to them. :p

24. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    QFT.

The truth exists somewhere in the ambiguity.
    The Phantom Menace film states; by way of Jinn's dialog and Shmi's admission, that Anakin had no father and that SOMEHOW he spontaneously came to be. The SOMEHOW has been presented to US in two different point of views. One, the will of the Force caused Anakin to be. Two, Darth Plagueis manipulated the midichlorians to achieve the same result.

What TPM does not say is that one or the other is right, they are not mutually exclusive.
    Both could be correct, depending on the viewer's POV. Its entirely possible that the will of the Force was manifested when Plagueis finally found success within his experiments. Another way to say it: the Force itself could have been preventing Plagueis from achieving his alchemic goals until the time was right.

Personally, I lean towards what was FIRST scripted...
    Anakin's existence was originally the result of what Sidious did, not his Master.
    Since that was scrapped and replaced with the tale of Plagueis the Wise, my money is on the Muun. He made Skywalker. And the Force, allowed it to happen.

25. Quinnocent-Till-Sith

Quinnocent-Till-Sith Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 21, 2004
    And both could be wrong. Just because Shmi says can't explain what happened doesn't mean she actually doesn't know what happened. She could have been raped and not want to share details depending on interpretation aswell.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.