main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Chosen One

Discussion in 'Literature' started by asimon2005, Jan 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
    Tsk..tsk... What you have to understand about Sidious is that while he was a consummate deceiver, very rarely did he ever lie.

It's entirely plausible that Plagueis influenced the Force in order to create Anakin. Here's a visual clue for you, from the man who uses "themes" like a frakkin' sledgehammer: the backdrop for the scene where the conversation between Palpatine and Anakin is taking place looks like sperm impregnating eggs! Does it get any more obvious?

2. Lord_Hydronium

Lord_Hydronium Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 11, 2002
    For what it's worth, Sidious personally thinks (as in, when we're actually in his head) that Anakin was created by the Force itself. Source, Dark Lord.

3. BennyM

BennyM Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 20, 2007
    Has it been discussed that maybe Plaugius (sorry for misspelling) used the force to create Palpitine? Which in turn made the force, in all of its checks and balances, create Anakin to counter that?

4. Qui-Gon_Reborn

Qui-Gon_Reborn Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 11, 2008
    No, that's not possible. Sidious was taken as a child from an unknown planet to serve as Plaguesis's apprentice.

5. Daft-Vader

Daft-Vader Chosen One star 8

Aug 6, 2008
    Lies, Deceit, Creating mistrust are the ways of the Sith

I say that Sidious knew the worries Anakin was having, so he simply made up a story about his master knowing the secret, since he knows that Anakin will want to learn this secret, and thus will be more... friendly towards the Sith Lord, unlike the rest of the Jedi who will just try to kill him on sight.

Plageius may have been looking for it, but I doubt he found, Sidious, I feel, was certainly looking for it.

6. Master_Jedi_LS

Master_Jedi_LS Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 8, 2009
    Lies, Deceit, Creating mistrust are the ways of the Sith

I say that Sidious knew the worries Anakin was having, so he simply made up a story about his master knowing the secret, since he knows that Anakin will want to learn this secret, and thus will be more... friendly towards the Sith Lord, unlike the rest of the Jedi who will just try to kill him on sight.

Plageius may have been looking for it, but I doubt he found, Sidious, I feel, was certainly looking for it.

You could be right but I doubt it. There is to much in the story that supports the idea that Plageius had the ability. Like Anakin not having a father, how do you explain that?

7. Daft-Vader

Aug 6, 2008
    Is there actually any proof that Plageius/Sidious did create Anakin, because I had not heard of this before this thread...

8. Dawud786

Dawud786 Chosen One star 5

Dec 28, 2006
    People usually turn to Rick McCallum's commentary in that scene on the ROTS dvd. Of course, in The Making of Episode I GL says the midi-chlorians created Anakin.

9. rhonderoo

rhonderoo Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 7, 2002
    This.

And this. :p

These are the only "facts" we have about Anakin's conception, both IU and OOU.

10. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    Saying Anakin was created by the Force or by the midichlorians does not rule out the Sith creation theory. If a Sith created Anakin, then that was accomplished by using the Force to influence the midichlorians to create him. In that case it is still true that Anakin was created by the midichlorians and that he was created by the Force, especially if the actions of the Sith in question were in some way moved by the Force or its dark side.

11. Master_Starwalker

Master_Starwalker Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2003
    It's entirely possible. Anakin was taken as a child from a backwater planet to serve as Qui-Gon's apprentice yet you believe Plagueis created him.

12. rhonderoo

rhonderoo Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 7, 2002
    The answer from George has always been, to paraphrase, "We're going to leave that up for fan speculation." I remember that very well from a post-ROTS interview. So speculation on anyone's part is all it will ever be until he says different, I guess. But the fact that the Force created him still remains the same has always been his tagline on the subject.

13. colojedi7

colojedi7 Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 13, 2007
    Do we know if Luke is aware of his father's origins and his "Chosen One" status? I am curious because that would place even more burden on Luke because he is the son of Anakin the son of the Force.[face_thinking]

14. Master_Starwalker

Sep 20, 2003
    I think he found out about his father's status as the Chosen One in Outbound Flight.

15. Daft-Vader

Aug 6, 2008
    I am slightly confused, Outbound Flight happened about ten years before Luke was born???

16. Master_Starwalker

Sep 20, 2003
    D'oh. I meant Survivor's Quest.

17. Master_Jedi_LS

Master_Jedi_LS Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 8, 2009
    Did any of watch the first movie? Anakins mom SAYS THERE WASN'T A FATHER AND THAT HE WAS IMMACUlATELY CONCEPTED. So unless he is Jesus I would say that I was created bythe Force.

18. Arawn_Fenn

Jul 2, 2004
    He ain't Jesus, that's for sure.

19. Master_Starwalker

Sep 20, 2003
    Of course, proponents of Plagueis creating Anakin don't contest that. They would merely say that Plagueis caused the midis to conceive him immaculately rather than the will of the Force.

20. QuentinGeorge

QuentinGeorge Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 12, 2003
    IMMACUlATELY CONCEPTED

You keep using that word. It does not mean what you think it means.

21. Arawn_Fenn

Jul 2, 2004
    I think it means Plagueis washed his hands real good before he got started.

22. QuentinGeorge

Dec 12, 2003
    Yes, but neither Jesus nor Anakin were immaculately conceived.

23. Qui-Gon_Reborn

Dec 11, 2008
    Can we adress why Anakin was not immaculately conceived without placing a religious light upon the topic?

24. QuentinGeorge

Dec 12, 2003
    Immaculate conception is a piece of Catholic theology that refers to the dogmatic position that the Virgin Mary was conceived without the stain of original sin.

Note: The Virgin Mary. People often erroneously believe it refers to Jesus. It doesn't.

Anakin is not the product of an immaculate conception because the concept of original sin does not exist in any Star Wars religion, and certainly not the Jedi.

25. Qui-Gon_Reborn

Dec 11, 2008
    Well, partly the reason why I made my statement above is that the concept was adopted by other world mythologies prior to Catholocism, so that the definition of the term is an uncertain one.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.