main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Chosen One

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by General Immodet, Jan 7, 2013.

1. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    screamychlorians

2. Kyris Cavisek

Kyris Cavisek Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 12, 2012
    Agreed and the Jedi aren't the light, but after 1000's of years of fighting, you expect them to just stop... I predict they will return... The Sith that is...

3. kainee

kainee Jedi Padawan star 1

Dec 10, 2012
    Well, if you want to take the Christian interpretation of the Messiah prophecy as a template for Star Wars' Chosen One prophecy, Christ was taken to have established a new paradigm-- hence the difference in how God is characterized in the New Testament versus the Old Testament. So, perhaps balancing the Force might be a similar process?

4. Kyris Cavisek

Nov 12, 2012
    Perhaps but how does this effect the Sequel Trilogy. If we are to discuss the Chosen One it is in regards to his actions effecting the ST.

5. kainee

Dec 10, 2012
    Well, then in this context, wouldn't the ST be like the early days of the Christian church with how they defined their identity as separate from Judaism? Although it's not a direct correlation since I would say that the Byzantium Empire's recognition of the Christianity as the preferred state religion is similar to the Jedi Order's role with the Galactic Republic even though this recognition of Christianity came later on.

But if Anakin plays the role that Christ did then the closest equivalent role Luke would play in re-establishing the Jedi Order is likely Peter.

Also, I apologize if any of you who are religious/agnostic/atheist are offended by my bringing up Christianity but I only bring it up for the historical relevance as I believe there are some similarities in terms of storytelling. I am agnostic so I don't really have a horse in this race.

6. Kyris Cavisek

Nov 12, 2012
    While this would be true, I highly doubt they will be taking that direction...

7. kainee

Dec 10, 2012
    That's true-- Star Wars tends to pick and choose from different philosophies so there's really no clear equivalent but it is interesting to evaluate within the context of other world religions.