main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends The Chosen Ones (across eras, including Obi/Siri, L/M, Kol Skywalker)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Delighted_Dobby, Jun 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Delighted_Dobby

Delighted_Dobby Jedi Youngling

Aug 12, 2007
    Summary: I'm basically reflecting on Cade's question to Luke--a good one, I think--of why it is worth being a Jedi when the galaxy seems to hate them, or when they seem to lead such thankless lives of constant war and their deaths come while battling for those who have abandoned them. I kind of jump across the three eras to catch three Jedi at an important time in their lives, when they are saying farewell to a loved one and trying to figure out for themselves the answer to that tricky question. So, without further ado...

Disclaimer: I own none of it, obviously.

The Chosen Ones

The man who Siri found in the depths of the gardens was beyond solace.

He was sitting in a meditative pose and his eyes were closed, but she could sense the turmoil racking him through the Force.

?Obi-Wan,? she said breathlessly. Nearly the entire Order had been recalled to Coruscant in the wake of Geonosis, and she had just arrived minutes ago before rushing to find her oldest friend among the Jedi.

It was strange to see his neatly trimmed beard and shoulder-length hair. In her mind?s eye, this Obi-Wan with a touch of gray at his temples always merged with the youthful visage of her fondest memories?a boy who had been so serious-minded in his quest to be the perfect Jedi. Shadows obscured his gray-green eyes, and she longed to reach out and draw him into the sunlight so she could see that the darkness was all outside of him. But she was frightened of what she would find.

When he finally spoke, however, the same calm, cultured tones echoed in the broad space.

?Siri, how are you??

?Fine,? she said, stumbling over her words. It wasn?t like her to be so awkward, but? ?How are you??

He shifted slightly, his face falling into a beam of sunlight so that she could finally see his eyes.

?Fine.?

So much could have gone unspoken in that moment. Months later, Siri would reflect that she might have walked away at that moment, might have left things as they were.

Instead, she took his hand and urged him to tell her the truth. After a second?s hesitation, Obi-Wan?s callused fingers tightened around hers with a heated urgency and he drew her into an embrace that seemed to awaken every cell of her being to the raw electric energy of the Force. It was so unlike him that for a moment she was unsure of how to respond.

?It?s alright,? she finally whispered. ?We?re going to get through this. We will.?

He shook his head, his auburn hair brushing her lips ever so slightly before he drew away. A strange sadness took hold of her then like a chill.

?We lost hundreds,? he said with a shudder. ?By the Force, when I was younger, I used to dream of something like this?something glorious and heroic and?and Yoda would always tell us??

?Adventure, glory, a Jedi craves not these things,? they intoned together.

?It?s not just a battle, either,? he continued. ?Anakin and I have been assigned to the Third. All able Masters and Knights are to be commissioned as generals in the Army of the Republic. It?s a true war, Siri.?

That news was an unpleasant surprise for her. She had been hoping that the skirmish would be enough to cow the Trade Federation, as Naboo had been almost a decade ago.

?I?m supposed to meet with the Council tomorrow??

He nodded. ?You?ll receive your orders then, no doubt.?

Suddenly, without warning, he stepped closer to her. Before she realized what was happening, one of his hands had laced itself into her tangled blond curls and his lips were crushed against hers. Moaning in protest, Siri placed her hands against his chest to push him away, but something inside her wouldn?t let her move.

Finally, he drew back.

?Obi-Wan, what??

The customary solemn expression had dissolved off his face entirely, replaced by a sad smile.

?Siri,? he murmured.

Somehow she understood what he was trying to say, as clearly as if he was speaking in her mind. Everything that I felt?none of it vanished. It?s all still here, stronger than ever.

?I wish,? he finally said, ?that things

2. morrison85

morrison85 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 13, 2005
    That last part especially was wonderfully written.

3. JEDIFLYSWATTER

JEDIFLYSWATTER Jedi Master star 3

Dec 10, 2004
    Very good Dobby.=D= I really liked the way that you brought three different times together but all the characters were dealing with the same painful situations. I have not read the illustrated novels with Cade and such but have caught on to his personal pain and anger. I think that my favorite point that he makes, like yours, is that to much Skywalker blood has been spilt for an ungrateful galaxy. Great job and want to read more of your stories. Thanks.@};-

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.