main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC The Christmas Thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by Yoda's_Roomate, Nov 28, 2015.

1. Leoluca Randisi

Leoluca Randisi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 24, 2014
    thank you my friend, as it turns out my sister who lost her husband to suicide she just got a whole bunch of money from the government and got herself a job and she is starting the process of looking for a place to live! so hopefully in the new year we will have more room in the house!

2. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    We're getting together with my siblings the day after tomorrow; I'll probably chill and read and watch Christmas movies tomorrow.

3. Kenneth Morgan

Kenneth Morgan Chosen One star 5

May 27, 1999
    Just put on the Alistair Sim version of "A Christmas Carol". That's been the favorite version of my family for as long as I remember.

And, earlier tonight, I watched Bridget Nelson and Mary Jo Pehl riff on a horribly truncated, home movie version of the film. Very funny stuff.

I'll finish up the night with Midnight Mass from St. Patrick's.

Valency Jane likes this.
  4. The Legions of Lettow

The Legions of Lettow Jedi Master star 5

Oct 14, 2015
    Merry Christmas from Japan!

We're a day ahead. Christmas isn't that big here, yet you wouldn't know from the advertising. Turkey is too expensive, so KFC with French fries and strawberry cake is the standard meal on Christmas Eve for those who participate. KFC and real restaurants can do a roast chicken, while many people get fried chicken from Mosburger, convenience stores, or roast chicken thighs from the supermarket.

For me, whole chicken and wine at a yakitori. Now, my New Year's Resolution is to have phased into the low-fat vegan diet I've been transitioning into. Need to lose weight and lower my cholesterol.

Carrie Fisher had a weight problem as far back as 1976 and had to lose weight to be Leia. I hope she gets through this and takes the right approach to improved health. As Dr. Caldwell Esselstyn has noted, CHD is benign and need never occur, and can be reversed. Maybe Samuel Jackson can talk to her--he used to be too much of a health risk to make movies. Her recent massive heart attack is a wake up call for me, and I pray for her. May the Force be with her and I hope to see her in IX as well any other endeavors she undertakes.

Valency Jane likes this.
  5. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    On second thoughts.....probably not a smart idea

6. The Krynoid Man

The Krynoid Man Jedi Master star 3

Dec 24, 2015
    Watched my all time favourite Christmas film 1951's Scrooge (or A Christmas Carol as it's known as in the States) last night. Still the best adaptation of the Dickens story 65 years later.

7. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    Merry Christmas JCC, hope everyone has a fun and safe holiday!

8. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Merry Christmas all. Yesterday was the celebration of it. Today is just relax day... maybe.

Valency Jane and Ghost like this.
  9. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    Merry Uncanny X-Mas JCC!

Valency Jane and heels1785 like this.
  10. MotivateR5D4

MotivateR5D4 Force Ghost star 5

Apr 20, 2015
  11. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    [​IMG]

Merry Christmas, y'all! [face_flag]

[:D]

12. Yoda's_Roomate

Yoda's_Roomate Chosen One star 5

Feb 8, 2000
  13. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Merry Christmas all. :)

Had a big breakfast, went for a run, kids opened their loot.

14. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
  15. OliffWanKenobi

OliffWanKenobi Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 13, 2016
    Merry Christmas to everyone on the forum, I hope everyone is having a good day.

It's been an odd year not just in terms of the news but personally too. We lost my mum this year, and I've not managed to find a new job (although I continue to try to sell my own artwork), on the flip side to that just before christmas we filed my application for a visa to move to the USA and new beginnings beckon. So my wife and I have been enjoying a quiet christmas just the two of us, what could be my last in the UK, next december we could be in a houseful in Arizona which will be fun in a whole new way. I joined the forum just after TFA came out, and I've enjoyed finding my way around, and hope to become more of a regular poster in 2017.

16. ChefCurryWindu

ChefCurryWindu Jedi Master star 2

Dec 18, 2015
    Merry Christmas JCC! Can't wait to dig in later on all the delicious food my house will be prepping!

Valency Jane and Juliet316 like this.
  17. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Merry Christ Mass everyone! I got so much **** this year. No seriously, I got ****. It's everywhere oh god it's everywhere help

Valency Jane and Juliet316 like this.
  18. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
  19. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998

Juliet316 likes this.
  20. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    My gifts this year were Spectrum 23 The Best In Contemporary Fantastic Art and the entire Warren Ellis Transmetropolitan comic series in trade paperback form. And $150.

21. Chancellor_Ewok

Chancellor_Ewok Chosen One star 7

Nov 8, 2004
    I had a pretty decent haul this year. Got a bunch of books, some spaceflight DVDs, a Kylo Ren shirt, two Star Trek Metal Earth kits, a complete set of Sherlock Holmes CDs, a Mesoamerican archaeology course from The Great Courses and Po Dameron's X-wing, along with $50 in gift cards for my Kobo, some Union Pacific passenger cars for my model railroad and $300 in folding cash.

Juliet316 likes this.
  22. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    ho ho ho

I got DOOM, some LEGOs, a drone, a portable battery, and a loooot of love.

23. Kenneth Morgan

Kenneth Morgan Chosen One star 5

May 27, 1999
    My Mom gave me some clothes (I asked for them; I hate clothes shopping) and some Hi-8 cassettes for my camcorder. My brother Pat gave me fancy chocolate, my brother Bruce gave me a TGIFriday's gift card, and my nephew Donnie gave me three books, The Bounty Hunters Code, The Book of the Sith and The Jedi Path. I didn't get a chance to see my grandnieces or a couple of my grandnephews, though.

Yesterday, I found an uncut copy of "The Muppet Family Christmas" on YouTube. Tonight, I watched the MST3K version of "Santa Claus Conquers the Martians" and the "Doctor Who" Christmas special. In a while, I'll finish up the day with "A Charlie Brown Christmas". And tomorrow, I think I'll just conk out for a while.

I guess today went as well as could be expected.

Juliet316 likes this.
  24. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    Christmas when you have cats

Juliet316 likes this.
  25. Violent Violet Menace

Violent Violet Menace Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 11, 2004
    Speaking of LEGO, here's a festive video of the assembly of the Ghostbusters set! :)

Juliet316 likes this.