main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends The Chronicles of Cem -- short stories based on Cem Fel's childhood --Vig 2 up May 20

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Kissa, May 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kissa

Kissa Jedi Master star 3

Jan 30, 2006
    Okay, this is just me trying to figure out more about Cem Fel. Lola challenged me to write why he got to be Shadow Child, and this is what I came up with. Then princess_melissa liked the idea and wanted a bit more. So - inspiration crowding me - I decided to write some viggies about Cem's childhood.

So, without further ado: I present to you The Chronicles of Cem.:)

Title: Shadow Child
    Author: Kissa
    Characters: Soontir, Syal, Cem
    Timeframe: Pre-NJO
    Summary: the reason why Cem is a Shadow Child.
    Genre: Romance, Mush
    Notes: Written for the First Sentence Challenge. Feel free to write enter any time. ;)

Once the bundle was placed into her arms, all the fears and doubts about motherhood faded and in their places settled an overwhelming love that she realized had been there since the discovery of the precious life inside her. But while her fears had vanished, mine were still in full force. I approached slowly, trepidation singing through my veins. ?Syal?? I asked softly.

She looked up, beaming at me with a mixture of love and joy lighting her already beautiful features. ?He?s gorgeous, Tir,? she breathed in wonder. She moved the blankets back, revealing his tiny face.

It was newborn red and squashed looking, although I knew that he would grow out of that. I stepped closer, touching the tip of his tiny nose with my finger. Instinctively, he clasped my finger with both of his tiny hands, and to my horror, combined they still didn?t make it around.

?He?s so tiny,? Syal cooed. She cuddled the bundled baby closer, humming an old Corellian lullaby to him.

I sat down in a chair beside the bed, burying my face in my hands and trying to let her voice wash away my fears. He was tiny and eventually, I had no doubt that he would be handsome if not gorgeous. But right now was the first time that Syal had gotten to hold him since he had been born.

Up to this point, he had been in intensive care with our private doctor warning that his chances for survival were dwindling. He had claimed that any human child born three months premature was destined to dying early or living a half-life. And even now, my fourth son?s health was still fragile.

Hell, we hadn?t even named him yet. It was Syal?s policy not to name a child until she had held it for the first time. So for the first three months of his life, he hadn?t even had a name.

?Cem.?

I looked up, confusion cutting through my worry. ?What??

?His name is Cem.?

I crossed my arms. ?Isn?t that a girl?s name?? I asked. I shook my head. ?He?s going to have difficulties fitting it with the Chiss as is. You cannot name him after a ??

?Cem is a boy?s name,? Syal interrupted. ?And the Chiss know that.?

I stared at her blankly, but she continued. ?I read a story about a Cem in a novel in the Great Library. He was a dragon-slayer on the planet ??

?Why Cem??

She stared at me blankly for a long moment. ?I like the name,? she said finally. ?And I think it suits him. In the book, Cem was premature but still did great things. He proved everyone wrong ?? I saw her jaw tighten in determination, but there was a hint of sadness there as well.

?How did the story end?? I asked.

?He died.?

In time with her words, the baby cooed. Instantly her attention was on him. ?Don?t look at me like that, Tir. Our son is going to be great ??

I ran my hands over my face again. ?Do you really believe that??

?His future will be ??

?-horrible,? I said. ?He?s tiny.?

?He?ll grow.?

?He?s got light colorings,? I said, referring to his blond fuzz and light blue eyes.

?So do I,? Syal answered. ?So does Cherith. Neither of us have a horrible life here.?

?You are both strong ??

?And Cem will be too,? she answered. ?Soontir, don?t sell our child short. He may be early, but he is not weak. His spirit is strong. It has to be. H

2. ccp

ccp Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 29, 2005
    Cool!

3. princess_melissa

princess_melissa Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2005
    Wow! I must admit when I suggested it I never thought you'd actually do it (not that I'm complaining mind you ;) ). I really love this idea because 1)I just love Cem and 2) no one else has done anything like this (at least that I've seen). I love your begining and can't to see where you're going to go from here.

Please add me to the PM list if there is one.

4. Princess Cambria

Princess Cambria Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2006
    Yeh...another Fel boy to love[face_love] Can't wait to see Cem grow up Kissa Style[face_dancing]

5. Kissa

Kissa Jedi Master star 3

Jan 30, 2006
    PRINCESSCAMBRIA

Yeh...another Fel boy to love Can't wait to see Cem grow up Kissa Style

I love all Fel boys.[face_love]

I hope you enjoy the rest of the vigs.:)

Princess_melissa

Wow! I must admit when I suggested it I never thought you'd actually do it (not that I'm complaining mind you ). I really love this idea because 1)I just love Cem and 2) no one else has done anything like this (at least that I've seen). I love your begining and can't to see where you're going to go from here.

Of course I was going to do it. I [face_Love] Cem and have always been curious about how his childhood went. And since I haven't noticed anyone else writing it . . . I guess I'll have to do it myself.;)

Please add me to the PM list if there is one.

Okay. I'll make one.

ccp

Cool

Thanks.:cool:

6. Kissa

Kissa Jedi Master star 3

Jan 30, 2006
    Title: The Mysteries of Walking
    Author: Kissa
    Characters: Syal Fel, Soontir, Cem, Wyn
    Timeframe: Pre-NJO
    Summary: Cem learns to walk
    Genre:
    Notes: Written in response to princess_melissa?s request for more stories about the childhood of Cem Fel. And ? of course ? written for the First Sentence Challenge ? if you haven?t tried it before ? try it now.;)

~~*~~

There are some events of which each circumstance and surrounding detail seem to be graven on the memory in such a fashion that we cannot forget them. When my youngest son learned to walk, the memory was so intense that I will never forget it. He was two years old, which may seem like a bad time to start walking, but in reality his physical limitations made it so much more difficult for him that no one pressured him.

And it wasn?t like he was learning from example either. He was blind, so he never really did see the rest of us walking around the house. Of course, that all changed when the new baby was born.

And ironically her first steps preceded his. To this day, I think it was Syal?s reaction that prompted him to engage in the mysteries of walking.

Wyn, being the baby and second girl, had wormed her way into Syal?s heart from the start. She was nearly an exact replica of her mother with wavy blond hair and brilliant sky blue eyes. Of all my children, she was the only one who was born happy.

Davin had managed a few sobs before falling asleep. Chak had wailed like a Corellian banshee. Cherith had wiggled and wailed. Jagged hadn?t even bothered to make a peep. And Cem . . . well, when he was born, he?d cried once ? a long thin and mournful wail ? that nearly broke my heart. Wyn had giggled.

I always thought that their personalities hadn?t changed much. Davin had been laid back. Chak had been obnoxious ? around friends only. Cherith had been constantly moving. Jag, well, Jag was Jag.

But I am getting ahead of myself.

The day Wyn learned to walk was a full scale disaster, although it started innocently enough. We were all together for the holidays, and had gathered in the living room.

Davin and Chak were playing a strategy game with Jag ? solemn as ever ? watching from the sidelines. Cem was sitting by himself, playing with a set of wooden blocks I had picked up on my most recent trip into Republic space. I was sitting beside Syal, catching up.

Then, Wyn abruptly stood up. ?Papa! Papa!? she?d cried in delight. ?I walk?d.? She staggered a bit, reaching out and grabbing Cherith for support. ?Look! Look!? Then, releasing her older sister, she took a few stumbling steps forward before losing her balance and falling.

Syal was instantly at her side, picking her up and spinning her through the air. ?Tir, she walked!? she breathed, love infusing her voice.

?Mommy!? Wyn shrieked. ?Spin! Spin!?

?She walked?? Jag asked. ?I don?t believe it.?

?Believe it,? I told him, a smile on my face.

Instantly, Jag looked embarrassed. ?Sorry sir. I didn?t mean to doubt you ??

I reached over, ruffling his hair. ?No worries, Jagged.? As my hand moved back, he straightened his black hair, turning his pale green eyes towards his mother and youngest sister. I laughed wholeheartedly and made my way to them.

Seeing me coming, Syal offered our daughter to me. ?Hold her. I want to go get the holo-recorder. All of a baby?s best moments ought to be on film.? She quickly rushed out of the room, returning moments later with the recorder.

I set Wyn down on her feet. ?Walk to Mommy,? I said.

She looked back at me, grinning toothily. Then she was stumbling forward, learning the routine of walking.

When she reached her mother, praise was instantly showered from everyone present except Jag. (Mostly because he didn?t think learning to walk was a real accomplishment since almost everyone in the universe did it.)

Somewhere in all the commotion, Cem dragged himself from his darkened world. ?What?s walk?d?? he aske

7. princess_melissa

princess_melissa Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2005
    First!

Have I mentioned I love Cem? This one was so sweet yet so sad all at the same time.

He looked thoughtful. ?My face hurt, but I walk?d. I?m happy.?

I kissed his forehead. ?I?m happy too.?

He sighed. ?Not the same.?

?The same?? I asked, and then realized he meant the attention levels. When Wyn walked she had gotten showered with praise. When he did the same thing, he got nothing.

?Was it wrong??

I kissed him again. ?Wait for me next time,? I said. ?Wait until I can help you up when you fall.?

He smiled brightly at me. ?I did wait, Papa. You help me up.?

:_| Like I said before. I fell in love with Cem all over again at this part.

Another wonderful addition. I really can't wait for more.

8. Princess Cambria

Princess Cambria Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2006
    A great look into the special moments of the Fel family. Cem is too cute.[:D]

9. Cem_Fel

Cem_Fel Jedi Master star 4

Mar 14, 2006
    The first vig was very emotional and I really like it. And the second vig was great, too. Not so emotional, but it's so well written. I like the way, Soontir tells his story, don't know why, but it makes the whole story more interessting. Perhaps I like Papa Soontir, even he isn't perfect at all.

Cem is my hero, he hasn't a easy life, but he didn't give up and lives his life. This makes him my hero.

10. Spike2002

Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 4, 2002
    Nice story here, Kissa.

Interesting explanation for why Cem became Shadow Child :D

11. Kissa

Kissa Jedi Master star 3

Jan 30, 2006
    Spike2002

Nice story here, Kissa.

Thanks.

Interesting explanation for why Cem became Shadow Child

I like it too. :D

Cem Fel

The first vig was very emotional and I really like it. And the second vig was great, too. Not so emotional, but it's so well written. I like the way, Soontir tells his story, don't know why, but it makes the whole story more interessting. Perhaps I like Papa Soontir, even he isn't perfect at all.

Thanks. I was a bit worried about writing from Papa Soontir's POV, but I think I'm getting the hang of it.

Cem is my hero, he hasn't a easy life, but he didn't give up and lives his life. This makes him my hero.

I [face_love] him.

PRINCESSCAMBRIA

A great look into the special moments of the Fel family. Cem is too cute.

Thanks. I love him too.

princess_melissa

First!

congrats. [face_dancing]

Have I mentioned I love Cem? This one was so sweet yet so sad all at the same time.

Thanks. You're too kind. And I might have heard how much you like Cem once or twice before . . .

Like I said before. I fell in love with Cem all over again at this part.

It's hard not to love Cem.

Another wonderful addition. I really can't wait for more.

Thanks. I'm looking forward to poor Baron Fel explaining the Birds and Bees . . . [face_whistling]

Not sure when it'll be up though . . .

12. Anastasia_Fel

Anastasia_Fel Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 10, 2004
    Oh, that was soooo sweet, great work Kissa, it's nice to see the soft side to Soontir :)

~Sam

13. Flowerlady

Flowerlady Jedi Master star 4

Dec 14, 2005
    I love this...Great work as always, Kissa...

I just love your Fel family stories... You never fail to amuse me with Jag...[:D]

and Baby Cem... I just love him...you definitely have a great explanation as to why he was a shadow child...[face_love]

I also love seeing this told from Soontir's POV...its great to see a different side of him...

Is there going to be more?...If so can I please have a PM...[face_praying]

FL @};-

14. Kissa

Kissa Jedi Master star 3

Jan 30, 2006
    Flowerlady

I love this...Great work as always, Kissa...

Thanks. [face_love]

I just love your Fel family stories... You never fail to amuse me with Jag...

Jag amuses me too.:D

and Baby Cem... I just love him...you definitely have a great explanation as to why he was a shadow child...

Thanks. It was actually Lola64's plot bunny, but she gave it to me to play with.

I also love seeing this told from Soontir's POV...its great to see a different side of him...

I'm glad you think so.

Is there going to be more?...If so can I please have a PM...

Yes and yes.

But I'm not sure what kind of update schedule I will have. :)

Anastasia_Fel

Oh, that was soooo sweet, great work Kissa, it's nice to see the soft side to Soontir

Thanks. I'm glad you like it. [face_love]

15. frankieskywalker

frankieskywalker Jedi Master star 4

Apr 13, 2006
    when you do post another cem fic can you pm me

16. AvaVisarra

AvaVisarra Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 22, 2006
    awww... so sad. this is such an astral idea, and im really enjoying it. i dont think i could ever deny my own child - if i were Syal i think i'd rather have returned to Corellia.
    mean chiss and their mean ways :mad: lol anyways good work, cant wait to read more.[face_peace]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.