main
side
curve
  1. Welcome to the new boards! Details here!

Calgary The Chronicles of Narnia

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by whisperjedi, Nov 18, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. whisperjedi

whisperjedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 19, 2005
    Thought I'd post this next event.
    Since I can't seem to get into being a "Pott Head", and Lord of the Rings was so yesterday. I've had this weird gut feeling 'bout "Narnia".

Anyone going to this? Likely I'll attend in the shadows.

2. ShatirLavan

ShatirLavan Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 19, 2005
    Yeah Narnia. As well as being a "Warsie" or whatever we're supposed to call ourselves, I'm a big Ringer, and I'll probably become a bit of a "Narnie". Go ahead and correct me if there are real names for fans of this stuff. The only ones I know are Trekkie and Ringer.

3. whisperjedi

Apr 19, 2005
    Since I've entered the "fan foray", I've noticed:

Serenity: "BrownCoats"
    Farscape: "Scapers"
    StarTrek: Trekkies or trekkers--there's some kind of "klingon-like" feud over this.

Harry Potter: I like "Pott Heads" myself.

BattleStar Galactica: " ? "...someone reply cause I'd like to know. There's definitely one
    out there though.

Starwars: We've never actually or been officially labelled besides, "freaks, geeks, or SW
    fanatics. I actually like "Lucas's bitches".

4. Jedi_Ranger_007

Jedi_Ranger_007 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 15, 2004
    For BSG, the one I've heard the most, is Galacticans.

5. whisperjedi

Apr 19, 2005
    Galacticans' sounds right, Doctor Who fans have the most cool sounding name, can't remember their one is.

6. Tabularo

Tabularo Jedi Master star 1

Nov 15, 2005
    There's a documentary out there on Star Wars fandom and the term they use is "StarWoids" for the true Star Wars fans.

7. Jedi_Ranger_007

Mar 15, 2004
    Doctor Who fans - Whovians (that's the only one I've ever heard, but there might be something different over in Britain, where it was/is created.)

Now, I have a few.....what about us fans of: Stargate (Gaters?); Babylon 5; Space: Above & Beyond?

8. ShatirLavan

Sep 19, 2005
    Oohh, Stargate, another goody. Tauri? SG-Fan? Fanaquida?

Anyways, I think Narnia will be on a similar scale as LOTR and HP. It's the same genre and it's just as classic as Rings.

9. whisperjedi

Apr 19, 2005
    Here's a question.

"Who comes up with these names?

J.

10. ShatirLavan

Sep 19, 2005
    people like us

11. Jedi_Ranger_007

Mar 15, 2004
    Let's get back on track with the topic title.

So, are 'we' planning any sort of Narnia movie night? Is there a midnight release? I need to know ASAP, so I can rearrange my work schedule. I plan on seeing this movie at least once, probably twice.

12. ShatirLavan

Sep 19, 2005
    I will likely go to a 7:00 show opening night. Midnight release is tricky since the ctrain would no longer be running and thats usually my only transportation between uofc and chinook. It isn't a planned group event right now, but if anyone wants to join me around 7pm on Dec9, you're welcome to do so.

13. whisperjedi

Apr 19, 2005
    It's still a couple of weeks, since Narnia isn't as high profiled as Rings or Potter, I wonder if a midnight showing is happening. The Friday showing @ 7 pm will probably be BIg, since lots of kids and their family will show. Disney has a lot planned for Narnia, they want to do a series based on the C.S Lewis books. And advance reviews are very good.

Will likely make official plans a week B4.

14. whisperjedi

Apr 19, 2005
    It's likely that I'll see an afternoon showing, (the first showing that day). Christmas @ Chinook will be insane. And I'll see again, afterwards.

Midnight showing seems unlikely.

15. Talmerith

Talmerith Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 2, 2005
    I'm definitely interested in seeing this, Friday afternoon/evening would work. Though I suspect tickets will have to be purchased beforehand to get in. Is see that there is a 7pm showing at Chinook.

16. Jedi_Ranger_007

Mar 15, 2004
    Okay, it looks like those of us planning for an evening showing, are looking at the 7pm. I'll get my ticket online tonight or tomorrow.

As for an afternoon show, that same day, anyone have a specific time? I may have time.

17. ShatirLavan

Sep 19, 2005
    Ok, changing my day to Sunday, friday doesn't work for me anymore. Half fun everyone.

18. Jedi_Ranger_007

Mar 15, 2004
    Well....it looks like I am the only one confirmed for the 7pm show this Friday. :(

19. LEXIAL

LEXIAL Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 29, 2004
    Sorry... I can't go. I work a double shift on fridays. I will probably go on Sat. instead. Enjoy the movie!

20. Magpie Jen

Magpie Jen Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 19, 1999
    Hi there,

I've bought my 7pm Chinook ticket. I'm feeling sorta... understated... about the movie, but will hopefully run into some of you there.

Jen

21. Jedi_Ranger_007

Mar 15, 2004
    That would be cool.

Now, if only I can recognize people that I only met once. It'll tough without the recognizable Jedi garb and lightsaber(s).

22. DrHaggis

DrHaggis Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 7, 2004
    Veritate and I will be there too. I'm looking forward to it.

23. Jedi_Ranger_007

Mar 15, 2004
    So, in the past, do you meet at a certain time and place, or just hope to chance meetings?

24. ShatirLavan

Sep 19, 2005
    It depends on the movie. Which, by the way, I am now seeing a Friday matinee of a Westhills. Ahhh, aren't girlfriends great for changing schedules around last minute, and getting angry when you do the same?

25. Talmerith

Talmerith Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 2, 2005
    hmm my family decided to go see it Sunday. So I guess I won't be going Friday. Hope everyone has fun.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.