Calgary The Chronicles of Narnia

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by whisperjedi, Nov 18, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. whisperjedi Jedi Master

star 2
    Thought I'd post this next event.
    Since I can't seem to get into being a "Pott Head", and Lord of the Rings was so yesterday. I've had this weird gut feeling 'bout "Narnia".

Anyone going to this? Likely I'll attend in the shadows.
  2. ShatirLavan Jedi Knight

star 3
    Yeah Narnia. As well as being a "Warsie" or whatever we're supposed to call ourselves, I'm a big Ringer, and I'll probably become a bit of a "Narnie". Go ahead and correct me if there are real names for fans of this stuff. The only ones I know are Trekkie and Ringer.
  3. whisperjedi Jedi Master

star 2
    Since I've entered the "fan foray", I've noticed:

Serenity: "BrownCoats"
    Farscape: "Scapers"
    StarTrek: Trekkies or trekkers--there's some kind of "klingon-like" feud over this.

Harry Potter: I like "Pott Heads" myself.

BattleStar Galactica: " ? "...someone reply cause I'd like to know. There's definitely one
    out there though.

Starwars: We've never actually or been officially labelled besides, "freaks, geeks, or SW
    fanatics. I actually like "Lucas's bitches".
  4. Jedi_Ranger_007 Jedi Master

star 4
    For BSG, the one I've heard the most, is Galacticans.
  5. whisperjedi Jedi Master

star 2
    Galacticans' sounds right, Doctor Who fans have the most cool sounding name, can't remember their one is.
  6. Tabularo Jedi Knight

star 1
    There's a documentary out there on Star Wars fandom and the term they use is "StarWoids" for the true Star Wars fans.
  7. Jedi_Ranger_007 Jedi Master

star 4
    Doctor Who fans - Whovians (that's the only one I've ever heard, but there might be something different over in Britain, where it was/is created.)

Now, I have a few.....what about us fans of: Stargate (Gaters?); Babylon 5; Space: Above & Beyond?
  8. ShatirLavan Jedi Knight

star 3
    Oohh, Stargate, another goody. Tauri? SG-Fan? Fanaquida?

Anyways, I think Narnia will be on a similar scale as LOTR and HP. It's the same genre and it's just as classic as Rings.
  9. whisperjedi Jedi Master

star 2
    Here's a question.

"Who comes up with these names?

J.
  10. ShatirLavan Jedi Knight

star 3
  11. Jedi_Ranger_007 Jedi Master

star 4
    Let's get back on track with the topic title.

So, are 'we' planning any sort of Narnia movie night? Is there a midnight release? I need to know ASAP, so I can rearrange my work schedule. I plan on seeing this movie at least once, probably twice.
  12. ShatirLavan Jedi Knight

star 3
    I will likely go to a 7:00 show opening night. Midnight release is tricky since the ctrain would no longer be running and thats usually my only transportation between uofc and chinook. It isn't a planned group event right now, but if anyone wants to join me around 7pm on Dec9, you're welcome to do so.
  13. whisperjedi Jedi Master

star 2
    It's still a couple of weeks, since Narnia isn't as high profiled as Rings or Potter, I wonder if a midnight showing is happening. The Friday showing @ 7 pm will probably be BIg, since lots of kids and their family will show. Disney has a lot planned for Narnia, they want to do a series based on the C.S Lewis books. And advance reviews are very good.

Will likely make official plans a week B4.
  14. whisperjedi Jedi Master

star 2
    It's likely that I'll see an afternoon showing, (the first showing that day). Christmas @ Chinook will be insane. And I'll see again, afterwards.

Midnight showing seems unlikely.
  15. Talmerith Jedi Knight

star 1
    I'm definitely interested in seeing this, Friday afternoon/evening would work. Though I suspect tickets will have to be purchased beforehand to get in. Is see that there is a 7pm showing at Chinook.
  16. Jedi_Ranger_007 Jedi Master

star 4
    Okay, it looks like those of us planning for an evening showing, are looking at the 7pm. I'll get my ticket online tonight or tomorrow.

As for an afternoon show, that same day, anyone have a specific time? I may have time.
  17. ShatirLavan Jedi Knight

star 3
    Ok, changing my day to Sunday, friday doesn't work for me anymore. Half fun everyone.
  18. Jedi_Ranger_007 Jedi Master

star 4
    Well....it looks like I am the only one confirmed for the 7pm show this Friday. :(
  19. LEXIAL Jedi Knight

star 2
    Sorry... I can't go. I work a double shift on fridays. I will probably go on Sat. instead. Enjoy the movie!
  20. Magpie Jen Jedi Knight

star 2
    Hi there,

I've bought my 7pm Chinook ticket. I'm feeling sorta... understated... about the movie, but will hopefully run into some of you there.

Jen
  21. Jedi_Ranger_007 Jedi Master

star 4
    That would be cool.

Now, if only I can recognize people that I only met once. It'll tough without the recognizable Jedi garb and lightsaber(s).
  22. DrHaggis Jedi Knight

star 3
    Veritate and I will be there too. I'm looking forward to it.
  23. Jedi_Ranger_007 Jedi Master

star 4
    So, in the past, do you meet at a certain time and place, or just hope to chance meetings?
  24. ShatirLavan Jedi Knight

star 3
    It depends on the movie. Which, by the way, I am now seeing a Friday matinee of a Westhills. Ahhh, aren't girlfriends great for changing schedules around last minute, and getting angry when you do the same?
  25. Talmerith Jedi Knight

star 1
    hmm my family decided to go see it Sunday. So I guess I won't be going Friday. Hope everyone has fun.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.