main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Chu'unthor

Discussion in 'Literature' started by GrandWarlordMcneely, Oct 24, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GrandWarlordMcneely

GrandWarlordMcneely Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 2, 2003
    I have a quick question I have been wondering about for awhile now. In the Essential Guide to Vehicles and Vessels (the first one I don't have the updated one yet) [face_laugh] there is an entry in there about a ship that Yoda was aboard, along with Jedi Masters. It says it was a "Mobile Training Academy". The name of the ship is the Chu'unthor.

Where does this tie into with the Prequels? Is this an Expanded Universe idea, or is there a chance that it may be in Episode 3?

Thanks for your thoughts :D

2. JediHobbit

JediHobbit Jedi Master star 5

Mar 2, 2002
    I believe it crashed about 100 years before ANH. remember, Yoda was 900 when he died in ROTJ.

My preciousss...

3. Saint_of_Killers

Saint_of_Killers Jedi Youngling star 5

Feb 18, 2001
    It cashed on Dathomir a few hundred years before TPM. Sometime during the prequel era, there was another Chu'unthor, named in honour of the original. It wasn't the size of the original, and as far as I know was operated by a single jedi master and a few of his students. He was the guy that trained Callista.

Get the Power of the Jedi Sourebook, it has some good info on the Chu'unthor.

4. Leto II

Leto II Jedi Padawan star 6

Jan 23, 2000
    Correct, it was operated within the inner cloud layers of Bespin by Master Djinn Altiss. Callista trained there after being relocated from her aquatic homeworld.

Speaking of Callista...I'm utterly surprised that nobody's yet picked up the ball on storylines dealing with her activities during the Clone Wars, not to mention her final suicide run on the Eye of Palpatine. Make a terrific Republic story arc...

5. jawajames

jawajames Former RSA // stawars.com contributor star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP

Apr 26, 2002
    something tells me they want to stick to their popular characters, and leave Callista to her own past... although she could definitely pull a cameo appearance in the clone wars... although she might be off training on the CHu'unthor II -- which could be built as a result of the Clone Wars starting and the need to keep jedi trainees safe from Separatist terrorists..

hmm.. when was the Eye of Palpatine built? during the clone wars, or afterward?

6. Ana Vitorrian

Ana Vitorrian Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 2, 1999
    There are TWO different Chu'unthor(sp?) ships. Dan Wallace has addressed this in either ESSENTIAL CHRONOLOGY and/or ESSENTIAL GUIDE TO CHARACTERS, 2nd.

One was referenced in THE COURTSHIP OF PRINCESS LEIA. The other was referenced in either CHILDREN OF THE JEDI or PLANET OF TWILIGHT. You'll note that the timeframes for each ship conflict with one another, hence - "why" there are actually two different ships.

I'm pretty sure that the one in connection with Callista is much, much smaller than the one that crashed on Dathomir.

Best,

Ana V

P.S.

Credits to those above who already posted this same info.

7. Leto II

Leto II Jedi Padawan star 6

Jan 23, 2000
    Although, I could certainly see her perhaps popping up at some point as a supporting character in one of the mainstream stories; and given what we now know of Episode III spoilers, there're only going to be a few Jedi left as the movie opens, which would make her survival during the Clone Wars certainly no small accomplishment.

Much could be done with this material, which also suddenly makes her a much more significant Jedi character to explore, thanks to this.

The year in which Callista and Geith attempted to destroy the dreadnought was 18 BSW4, so given the lead-time in which something of that magnitude would require in terms of construction, I'd estimate that it was begun at least a few years prior to the year of its launch.

8. jawajames

jawajames Former RSA // stawars.com contributor star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP

Apr 26, 2002
    ack.. i've been spoiled!!!

i should not have read your post!

9. Ozzel

Ozzel TF.N Foreign Book Covers Staff star 5 VIP

May 14, 2001
    Um, ditto. :(

10. Charlemagne19

Charlemagne19 Chosen One star 8

Jul 30, 2000
    To console you my friends, you are not being spoiled.

There are mammoth Jedi causalties but conflicting reports about how many and like the 1000 Jedi killed between Episode I and II

Its not a major issue of the story

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.