main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Orlando, FL The Cigam Retah Star Wars Symposiam of Arts and Science (Orlando Branch)

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Cigam Retah, Jul 23, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cigam Retah

Cigam Retah Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 30, 1999
    Hey folks, thought the old Orlando forum could use a bit of a social thread. For the crux of this endevor, you must 'place' one artical of your Star Wars memoriblia in our display for discussion and disection.

On your left, you'll see my life-sized latex Yoda statue. I won this off of QVC, that 'other' shopping network, while purchasing the Star Wars soundtrack. Man that Steven Sansweet loves to prattle on.

To your right, you'll see a replica prop lightsaber, fasioned to be akin to the one Obi-Wan Kenobi passed to Luke in the early moments of 'A New Hope.' No, you can't touch it, and Yes, I do play with it when nobody is looking.

2. Lord_Gita

Lord_Gita Former TFN FanFilms Staff star 4 VIP

Oct 5, 2000
    Through the glass to you left you see my customized Royal Guard helmet and costume. This was my first costume and remains dearest to my heart. No, I never put it on and walk around my house in it.

To the right you see my custom lightsabers, one designed remotely after Luke's ANH saber and one after Qui-Gon's TPM saber. They are the last remnants of my non-Imperial days.

3. Ia-Bou

Ia-Bou Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 15, 2001
    actually my items are quite original and are influenced by the movie, not neccisarilly replicas of sets, costumes or props

This first item I would like to draw your attention to is the Naboo Governess' dress.

The first thing you will notice is the originallity of the way the material has been sculpted in a way that makes the dress look almost like it is plastic.

and next I will draw attention to the under shirt. the entire shirt is made of silk. the neck and arm rims are made of red raw silk. and the neck as you can see stands up creating an effect that would make a "scrawny" governor look more like she fought to get to her position

the rest of the shirt is made out of a woven red silk with butterflies on it. this material is very delicate and easy to snag. The look of the top layer is very misleading becuse it is actually much thicker than one would imagine. In fact the cloth is usually sold as a tapestry.

The sleeves are made of two tones of red velvet with under sleeves made out of the same spandex that the Noobian head wrap is sewn out of........

it is very......uh no time I will finish this later

4. Lord_Gita

Lord_Gita Former TFN FanFilms Staff star 4 VIP

Oct 5, 2000
    Is flash photography allowed in here?

5. Cigam Retah

Mar 30, 1999
    Not on the simulator ride.

6. Ia-Bou

Jul 15, 2001
    yes, please, no flash photography, it deteriorates the delicate fabrics I have used in this exquisite costume.

:)
    Ia Whiteley

7. Cigam Retah

Mar 30, 1999
    On your left, you will see a collection of vintage Star Wars action figures, ranging from 1978 to 1987. Also, beyond that, we have most action figures and vehicals produced during and after 1995.

To your right, you'll see my Star Wars under-roos...wait a minute...these are regular...*Gasp*

My laundry!

8. Ia-Bou

Jul 15, 2001
    hey, just curious, but is this museum still open? or should I dust the "mold" off of my artigacts and take them home.

9. Cigam Retah

Mar 30, 1999
    We're always open!

10. shine

shine Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 5, 1999
    Still have my 1983 ROTJ blaster. :D

11. Ia-Bou

Jul 15, 2001
    I think we need to force everyone to have an item for display in this museum. I mean everyone just walks ina nd out in five minutes

:)

12. darthparth

darthparth Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 10, 2001
    I would like to display my life-sized Mark Hamill. He's pretty old now, so he uses the bathroom and sleeps a lot, but most of the time I have him stand around my house and say things he said in the original trilogy.

Furthermore, he is expensive, seeing as how I have to feed him, buy him clothes and toys and clean up after him (kinda messy for an adult).

He is great fun though, I take him to all my parties (never, NEVER let him dance) just let him talk to all my friends and look like Mark Hamill.

In addition, I have over 10000000 of his signatures, whenever he is not busy I buy him blank paper to sign for me.

Tommorow: I will display my life-sized Carrie Fisher!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.