main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Cinema of George Lucas Exhibit - Space Center Houston

Discussion in 'Lucasfilm Ltd. In-Depth Discussion' started by Gobi-1, May 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gobi-1

Gobi-1 Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 22, 2002
    Well this caught me completely off guard.

http://www.spacecenter.org/CurrentExhibit.html

The Cinema of George Lucas
    New Famous Movie Artifact Exhibit

Summer is a time for adventure, and Space Center Houston has an exclusive new season lineup filled with summer fun featuring The Cinema of George Lucas, a giant visual biography of the life and career of Star Wars mastermind George Lucas with nearly 50 props, costumes and awards from his blockbuster films, as well as the Live the Adventure! experience, where visitors can shoot, run and climb their way through scenes from some of the world's legendary movies including Star Wars, Indiana Jones and American Graffiti.

The Cinema of George Lucas, is an exclusive new exhibit which showcases a wide array of priceless artifacts that span Lucas' iconic movie career, some never before seen by the public! Some of the items include: Bail Organa's airspeeder and General Grievous' starfighter from Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith; a draft of the original screenplay from THX 1138, Lucas' first feature-length film; Mutt's motorcycle from Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull; the original screenplay from American Graffiti and the original Star Wars, the full size automobile from Tucker: The Man and His Dream, plus much more! Several of Lucas' awards will be transported directly from his home to be displayed as part of the rare exhibit including his AFI Lifetime Achievement award, Cannes Film Festival award and Irving Thalberg award.

Plus, be the star of your very own action adventure! Space Center Houston and LucasFilm present Live The Adventure! a massive one-of-a kind interactive experience where fans can feel as if they have stepped into a dramatic movie scene to become one of their favorite characters such as Luke Skywalker to skillfully speed through the Death Star Laser Maze Challenge; join a team of fellow warriors in a galactic battle by shooting down villains in the Clone Wars Blaster Training; catch an adrenaline rush like Indiana Jones by running and jumping through the Temple of Doom Obstacle Course and put their physical limits to the test from 12 feet above the ground as they attempt to make it across the Indiana Jones Mayan Ropes Adventure!

Sounds awesome. Plus it's only three hours away from where I live. [face_dancing] It doesn't say how long the exhibit last but since tickets are good trough September 20th I'm guessing that's it runs the entire summer season.

2. JohnWesleyDowney

JohnWesleyDowney Jedi Master star 5

Jan 27, 2004

Boy, am I glad you posted this. It somehow slipped by me, and I live less than 40 minutes from it! I will definitely check it out this summer. :cool:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.