main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Cinema of George Lucas

Discussion in 'Lucasfilm Ltd. In-Depth Discussion' started by Gobi-1, Jul 9, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gobi-1

Gobi-1 Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 22, 2002
    The official site has revealed that a new lavish hardcover book about the career of George Lucas will be released in January. You can see the official press release HERE.

Coming This January: The Cinema of George Lucas
    July 9, 2004

This January, a lavish new hardcover book from Abrams celebrates the epic storytelling, the masterful direction and editing, and the visionary contributions George Lucas has made to the world of filmmaking.

The Cinema of George Lucas draws on exclusive new interviews, oral histories, and unprecedented access to the Lucasfilm archives, including documents such as shooting schedules and production notes. Author Marcus Hearn analyzes Lucas's professional journey as director over four decades, beginning with his student shorts, to his projects as writer, editor, and producer. The book also discusses Lucas's many other accomplishments in the film industry, including the formation of Industrial Light & Magic and Skywalker Sound. The book is filled with many rare and never-before-published images, from the earliest days of THX 1138 to new images from the forthcoming Star Wars: Episode III.

The Cinema of George Lucas by Marcus Hearn is scheduled for release in January 2005 from Abrams. Ron Howard, a long time associate of Lucas (starring in American Graffiti, directing Willow), pens a foreword that introduces the book. Marcus Hearn is a writer, editor, and publisher specializing in film and popular culture. His work has appeared in numerous magazines and journals, and he is the author of the best-selling Star Wars: Attack of the Clones--The Illustrated Companion, among other books.

[image=http://www.lucasfilm.com/press/news/img/20040709.jpg]

WOW! :eek: This is now my must own item of the year. I can not wait for this to come out.

2. KaaShamau

KaaShamau Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 15, 2000
    :eek: This is something to get!

Amazon have a larger image here, and has it for $34.00 or £29.95.

3. Gobi-1

Dec 22, 2002
    Hey that's a good price. I just love coffee table books. I have the Art of Walt Disney, Norman Rockwell's America and James Bond: The Legacy are my favorites.

I've been waited for them to update George Lucas The Creative Impulse so this looks to be even better.

4. malducin

malducin Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 23, 2001
    Thanks for the heads up. I'll check it out first though, with so many Lucas books, you want to get somehting worthwhile. If it's on par with Creative Ipulse I'll be happy.

On the other hand I wonder if we'll ever get a thiordf installment of the ILM books.

5. Darth-Seldon

Darth-Seldon Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 17, 2003
    Thanks for telling us.
    I will be interested in this.

Seldon

6. Darth-Kevin-Thomas

Darth-Kevin-Thomas Jedi Master star 5

Sep 27, 2002
    i'm going to get it. As a film student, i think it will be essential for my library.

7. Gobi-1

Dec 22, 2002
    Looks like it's going to come out in October instead of January. Walmart.com and Barnesandnoble.com both list the book for October instead of January. Amazon.com still has it for January so I'm going to look at some more sites and see what they have listed.

8. BabaORileyFett

BabaORileyFett Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 17, 2002
    I'll be picking this up, for sure.

Lucas' history and background is always of interest to me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.