main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Circle (AU futurefic) -- big question posted 8/1

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Lisse, Jan 6, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LumiKuningatar

LumiKuningatar Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 10, 2003
    *looks closely at 'Rion since thinks she might have "accidently" killed from the apparent lack of movement*

hups...

2. SpeldoriontheBlended

SpeldoriontheBlended Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 12, 2002
    *Sticks out tongue* Fooled you! :p

*Blocks with one saber and stabs forwards with the other*

3. CommanderAntilles

CommanderAntilles Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 2, 2001
    Wow. It's been a long time since I've posted.

I love the new parts, they make this story so much more interesting and... fulfilling in a way that I haven't gotten much out of fanfiction lately.

And in response to the two duelers, I have THREE lightsabers. You fight with one in each hand and one in the mouth. *watches as no one believes her*. *shrugs* It works for Zorro in One Piece.

4. LumiKuningatar

Nov 10, 2003
    THREE lightsabers... naaah, if I fight with one in my mouth, then I can't taunt 'Rion... :D

*jumps high high up and kicks*
    Come and get me....

5. Knight_Aragorn

Knight_Aragorn Jedi Master star 4

Jun 15, 2003
    Wow...

I just stumbled across this story and I am absolutely flummoxed! It's amazing. The characters are so completely believable, the plot is so complex and it works so well with the themes in Star Wars.

Rage is an extremely interesting character - he's so full of contradictions. For all intents and purposes, he's completely dark and evil, and yet he clearly loves his children and would do anything for them. And Ben is great! He has to be one of the most realistic OC lead characters I've ever read, and such a contrast to the typical SW hero!

...Okay. I'm going to stop raving now, before I send everyone to sleep. Basically, I love the story! Can't wait to see more!(...Like my extremely subtle hint?) ;)

6. SpeldoriontheBlended

Apr 12, 2002
    Commander: Well, Nyax does use four, so.... Bring it on! :

Lumi: *Deactivates left saber, floats it to his belt, and thenm grabs Lumi's foot*

Hah! :p

Aragorn: Welcome to the club! :D Well, you know what they say:

'You Don't have to be insane to read, but it helps!'

:D

So... single, two, or double-bladed? And what colour? I have a full selection of quality sabers at great prices for the enterprising Circle reader! ;) :p

7. LumiKuningatar

Nov 10, 2003
    *after stumbling and quickly trying to recover the last shreads of dignity, attacks very sneakily*

Welcome, welcome..
    And I most certainly am not insane, even if I read... Okey, I'm not all that insane..; and no laughing, I'm not insane.. just slightly eccentric..

8. Domina_Tagge

Domina_Tagge Jedi Youngling star 1

May 9, 2001
    Ach, poor Ben! :(

Lucéa is growing on me quite a bit. Will she ever find out that her legendary great-aunt is closer than she thinks? I mustn't get too far ahead of myself!

Thanks for a couple of great posts Lisse!

:)

the semi-faithful D.T. (who finds that checking this thread every few months or so usually pays off! ;) )

9. StarFighter5

StarFighter5 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2003
    I discovered this fic two days ago and I've read it all. I want more!

10. Dunc T'racen

Dunc T'racen Jedi Grand Master star 3

Mar 11, 2000
    Haven't checked this story out in a while... up!

(Erm, am DesignSith's less anon self, btw.)

11. SpeldoriontheBlended

Apr 12, 2002
  12. Darth_Suzi

Darth_Suzi Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 23, 2004
    When was the last time this was updated?

Anyways, I read this a while ago on fanfiction.net, but I just found it here. Well, there's a little bit more, but not much.

However, I still love it, totally. And Ben is the best character ever invented! (Except for maybe Luke... Sorry!)

The tension between Lucea and Jonas is excellent. Very remeniscent of Han and Leia.

I have multiple theories about what's going to happen, familial relationships, etc., but I'm not going to post them, for fear of being drastically wrong.

Just going to finish by saying I love this story!

13. SpeldoriontheBlended

Apr 12, 2002
    Yeah... well, Lisse has said that it isn't dead yet, but is taking a long time to write and also that TFN is not on speaking terms with her college network... [face_plain]

On ffn? Can I have the link? Just she said that she might start posting on there...

Pwease?

--Blended

14. Darth_Suzi

Jun 23, 2004
    It's not like I don't understand the strain of schoolwork.

*Sigh*

And I'm just in high school...

I'm seriously terrified of college. My mom's a professor, so I see the homework she gives her students... Ouch.

Anyways, ffn reassures me that Lisse is still alive. (When you think about it, that's always a risk on the internet. Sorry, just my morbid thought for the day.) The fic is split up into two different ones there. This is the link for the most recent post.

I'm not sure if it worked. :mad: Sorry, I'm an HTML idiot. And I want to be a computer scientist, too... I'm in trouble.

EDIT: Oh, I figured it out now... Oops. Hehe. [face_blush]

15. Darth_Suzi

Jun 23, 2004
    A new month, a new up! (A little belated, but whatever.)

16. Lisse

Lisse Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 6, 2001
    Yargh.

I think (maybe) my network is going to let me stay logged in this time. At least for a few minutes. There's some kind of issue with a firewall or cookies at one end or the other, and it's seriously getting ridiculous.

So. Story stuff. I hesitated to work on the next part, because I wanted to wait to do that until I could maybe stay logged in. But yeah, that's not working so well. I'm seriously considering just moving everything to ff.net, although I'm afraid that decision might get me seriously thwapped.

Um, would it? Not that anyone's still reading this anyway, but I thought I'd ask. :/

17. Darth_Suzi

Jun 23, 2004
    You're back! :)

Oh, computer's being stupid. I can understand that.

Anyways, I could go either way with the ffn/tfn thing. I wouldn't mind it being at ffn, but be warned that I never review there. I only lurk. :p

Suzi

18. Virginia_Weston

Virginia_Weston Jedi Youngling

Jan 5, 2004
    hi there, i've been a long time lurker, but i've decided to finally break my silence! ;) this is such a wonderful, imaginitive story that i implore you to continue it, whether here or on ffn! good luck in writing, and heres to hope for an update soon.
    cheers, gin

19. ViariSkywalker

ViariSkywalker Chosen One star 4

Aug 9, 2002
    Trust me, Lisse. There are definately people still reading this. :) I think many of us just don't respond if there isn't a post. (And sometimes even if there is one ;) )I know that I usually only have time to do a quick scan of the forums to see whether my favorite stories have been updated, and then if they have I just read them and then get off. I'm sure I'm not alone. So yes, I am positive that there are still many loyal readers/lurkers.

As for moving everything to ff.net, I say whatever is easiest. If you can only post there, then I say go for it. I'll follow you there. If you are able to post here, so much the better, but all that matters is that you do what you want to do. I am eager to see what happens next in "The Circle", and I am not particular about where I read it.

By the way, the story has been awesome so far. I hope to read more soon. :D

20. Keila_

Keila_ Jedi Master star 2

Jul 1, 2000
    Ok, I haven't posted on this board for almost 2 years, but if de-lurking is what it'll take to get this story going again, I'll be glad to do it. This is truly a phenomenal story - easily one of the best I've ever read - and I'd love it if you'd continue working on it, either here on on ffn. Good luck!

21. Lethar

Lethar Jedi Master star 1

Apr 29, 2004
    I haven't posted on this thread - ever. Just found it at about 10pm last night, in fact. I didn't get to sleep till about 5am, thanks to this story. That's not a bad thing, either.

ff.net is just as good a place for you to post it, in my opinion, as any. Just remember to give us a link. :)

Now, to the comments on the story itself...

Wow. Wow. Wow.

It is hard to find a fanfic with such detail to characters and event, that doesn't rush and yet isn't slow. In shot, this fic is very close to perfect.

22. Sache8

Sache8 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 19, 2000
    Hey, I exist!

If it is indeed such a particular strain to stick around the loverly JC, then by all means. Move. I'm not picky about venue, just continuation. LOL

23. Mcily_Nochi

Mcily_Nochi Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 23, 2001
    Just as long as you let us all know where you're putting it.

Any more work on the beta front?

24. Tanith_Shire

Tanith_Shire Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 24, 2004
    This is an amazing story! Your characters have depth, genuine personality, and the differing views feel natural rather than contrived. Your Anakin Solo is a fascinating character. I adore Ben, Hal, Lucea, and Denilee. Your collection of female characters (wow multiple cool chicks) is incredible.

25. Knight_Aragorn

Knight_Aragorn Jedi Master star 4

Jun 15, 2003
    Joining general consensus of 'As long as there's more, I don't mind where it is'... Please? This is a truly awesome story, so can't wait to see more. "Good things come to those who wait" ....Right? *Pathetically hopeful*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.