main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The CIS discussion thread.

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by SeparatistFan, Oct 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SeparatistFan

SeparatistFan Jedi Master star 3

Oct 19, 2012
    I would like more to be done with the CIS on TCW, I would like to see some CIS centric episodes, I want to see more CIS victories, I want to see other CIS council leaders not just Dooku and Grievous and I would like there to be more main CIS villains. I do not like how cool separatists like Sobeck and Tamson get killed off in the first arc that they appear in.

Back in S1 although the tone of the show wasn't that dark back then, we still had more focus on the war and Nute Gunray and Wat Tambor both had a big role in an arc each which was great. Who else would like more to be done with the CIS on the show and if so what would you like to see?

2. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Hello dear fellow CIS fan!

Same here...

The show needs to do more with the CIS.

What I would like to see:

- More focus on what the Separatists are
    - More different droids we all know and love on the battlefields like the Hailfire droids and the Homing Spider Droids
    - At least one arc that is done from the POV of the separatists (like the Ventress arc of S3 but from the POV of somebody like Gunray or TIKKES)
    - More appearances by the CIS council leaders like TIKKES, Wat Tambor, Nute Gunray, Po Nudo and so on. Make them into regular villains.
    - much, much more...

The show can do wonders with the CIS-elements of the War if it only tries.

SeparatistFan likes this.
  3. DM99

DM99 Jedi Padawan star 3

Sep 26, 2012
    after watching tcw, i feel like i could crush hundreds of these funny droids.

rip them apart like a bear! ROARR

[​IMG]

4. SeparatistFan

Oct 19, 2012
    Hello

The Ventress arc in S3 did not have that much focus on the CIS IMO, but it was nice to see nice to see Dooku send Savage on a couple missions that were to do with the war. I would like to see an arc where a CIS council leader like Gunray sends a group of CIS commanders on a mission . It's a shame that Ventress never had her own arc before she was betrayed by Dooku.

I would like it if in one season there was an episode or arc where the main trio lose a battle against at least one flesh CIS commander and then in the season after for there to be an arc where they win a battle against the CIS commander or commanders, that way their victory would be more meaningful.

I think that the reason why some of the CIS council leaders are left out might be because maybe George Lucas wishes that he had made them neutral from the start, so basically he regrets how he has done them so he likes them to be left out of the show for that reason. Back in S1 things seemed simple with CIS council leaders, but then in Senate Spy things became more complicated.

5. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    maybe Lucas or Filoni has big plans for Gunray in future seasons

6. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Sep 3, 2012
    I hope you are right Vader...

I would love that but Lucas has some messed up vision that does feature the good guys Anakin or Obi-Wan losing from a CIS person on screen.
    I do not understand him...

A loss for the Republic would be so great for both sides.
    When the Heroes win, it is so bland. It is always something with the feel of a long "YES" from Anakin and some cautious saying from Yoda as per usual. Just bland and repetitive.
    When that happens, the heroes show little amount of character - nothing from Anakin or Ahsoka or Obi-Wan.

BUT if they lost to say somebody like Grievous or commander working with CIS leader then it would be better. We would see that the CIS is capable of being a threat and we would see our heroes be better characters thanks to the losing. That is because when something bad happens, heroes truly show who they by the way they handle themselves, their feelings and deal with others around them. Something shown at times in Season One.

They are important. Lucas just can not decide what to do with them. He sometimes amazes me with his lack of vision with some things.
    He could stick Greedo in the middle of nowhere or revive Maul but bringing one of the biggest investors of the War - Nute Gunray - is toooooooo impossible.

Dark-Fox likes this.
  7. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    We need more seismic tanks in this show. Imagine the possibilities. Troublesome Lurmen? Squash 'em. Rebels are causing trouble in Iziz? Squash the city. Problem solved. [face_devil]

8. SeparatistFan

Oct 19, 2012
    Anakin and Obi Wan lost against the CIS on Felucia back in S2, but I am not happy that there wasn't a villain there to gloat about the CIS victory. On Supply Lines there was a separatist victory, it would have made been better if TX-20 was leading the droid forces against Master Di and it would have been nice for Mar Tuuk to have made an apperance in that episode.

I would like more of CIS flesh villains to meet each other. I like the picture that is shown in the news reel on TCW movie where Dooku, Grievous, Gunray and Tambor are together, I would like to see an epiosde with those villains together. It would be nice if all of the movie CIS council were main villains on the show, it would be great to see CIS council meetings happen.

9. SeparatistFan

Oct 19, 2012

10. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Sep 3, 2012
    They did but again Lucas's dumb logic prevented for that being even addressed so we could see some hero reaction. The only thing addressed about Felucia was Ahsoka's acting like a brat and Anakin being a bad example.
    CIS winning usually happen in word form in conversations.

11. SeparatistFan

Oct 19, 2012
    I would like it if there was more main CIS villains on the show, if there were CIS council meetings on the show Nute Gunray and Wat Tambor could have a similar role to Yoda and Mace and other CIS council leaders could just have cameos.

12. Mackinder-Brzezinski

Mackinder-Brzezinski Jedi Youngling

Oct 19, 2012
    Could somebody who knows more about our civil war tell me more about Confederate atrocities during the war. Were people charged for war crimes by confedarate states?

Will we ever see the Confedarate Senate at least complain about atrocities comited by Durge, Grevious and the likes of him?

13. DarthTalgus

DarthTalgus Force Ghost star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    the only thing we need is
    [​IMG]

14. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Now that's something we can all agree on. :D

15. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    I don't care about the CIS compared to the Jedi Knights.

16. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    Really? :p

There is probably nothing "we all" agree on. (How boring if we did.)

17. Todd the Jedi

Oct 16, 2008
    Everything's better with Cthullu Tikkes. ;)
    A more apt comparison would be the CIS to the Republic. Jedi ≠ Republic.

18. Dark Lord Tarkas

Apr 29, 2011
    I only care about the Republic because of the Jedi Knights. :p

19. KenobiSkywalker

KenobiSkywalker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    ^What Dark Lord Tarkas said. :D But our favorite Jedi would be even more awesome if TCW would make the separatists a threat.

20. Dark Lord Tarkas

Apr 29, 2011
    Good point.

KenobiSkywalker likes this.
  21. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Sep 3, 2012

OH YEAAAHHHH....

I sure do agree with you guys on this! ;)

22. ninjaofthenight801

ninjaofthenight801 Jedi Padawan star 1

Nov 19, 2011
    Can anyone explain to me the love for Tikkes? If Kitser is to the Forcecast (and their futile pursuits to get him into any episode of CW), I feel like Tikkes is your titular character. Granted I did my wookiepedia research on him, yet... give me a reason to give in to my inner Tikkes! [:D]

23. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Sep 3, 2012
    It is nothing like the Kitster thing of the ForceCast people. Star Wars has already said where Kitster is during the War - stuck on Tatooine.

Unlike the Force Cast and Jimmy Mac, I do not seek to have Tikkes or any other CIS leader have a special arc created for them. They fit perfectly into any arc almost. He was already considered to appear on the show so it is not like Kitster.
    Tikkes would have been perfect for The Season Four premiere as a traitor to his people who rather sell his entire race into slavery just so he could have a profit.

Tikkes IS my titular character. :p I just want him to appear on the show, not derail it and be part of SW lore more than he has been in this time period. I am not forcing anyone to like him but if he gets support then that is all for the better.

What are you looking for in a Star Wars character?! ;)

24. EECHUUTA

EECHUUTA Jedi Master star 4

Mar 19, 2007
    I agree, Tikkes needs some love. Even if not on CW, then at least give the guy a novel and have more then just the Republic spin on things.

25. SeparatistFan

Oct 19, 2012
    I want to see Tikkes on TCW. It's good that Dave Filoni knows that some people want Tikkes on the show. I wonder if Tikkes will get a big role if he does appear...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.