main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Citadel hyperspace lanes???

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Hoggsquattle, Jan 25, 2012.

1. Hoggsquattle

Hoggsquattle Jedi Master star 5

Feb 7, 2009
    Hi,

In the The Citidel story arc the "McGuffin" is the co-ordinates of a hyperspace route that could bring the Sepratists right to Coruscants door. This would seem to imply that hyperspace is a collection of tunnels and that you must enter and exit at certain points.

However, that is not the way it is done in the movies and the rest of the series.

Am I misunderstanding something?

2. rumblewagon

rumblewagon Force Ghost star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    I'm not sure what you mean by "tunnels". I would think that the hyperspace lanes are routes that are devoid of stuff like asteroid belts, stars, and supernovas that would destroy the ships moving along those routes. My own interpretation is that they are newly (secretly?) navigated routes that allow very quick (and clandestine) arrival to Coruscant.

3. Hoggsquattle

Feb 7, 2009
    But if is a route that has somehow been kept secret and no nav computer has the details, then it is incredibly dangerous because explorers and cartographers that keep the nav computer databases up to date are not checking it.

4. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    Correct. Space is littered with so much debris that it is essential to find these clear hyperspace lanes, which are safer and therefore faster routes to travel on. You can call them space highways. If they are naturally debris-free, I'm sure they're probably a rarity in the the Galaxy. If they are created by means of technology, then it explains their importance and reason why they are heavily taxed when commercial companies like the Trade Federation want to use them freely.

5. JM_1977

JM_1977 Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 23, 2011
    I don't know if this thread is to discuss the plot point of the Nexus Route Coodinates (I think that's what it's called) from the Citadel arc or just hyperspace lanes in general but I want to put in my two cents in about that Mcguffin.

I think that this is the biggest most crucial plot point that the CW crew has left open up up to now. I mean a foreshadowing and possible lead into the Battle of Coruscant in ROTS with the whole Nexus route coordinates was great. The whole Ahsoka knowing half of the coordinates and refusing to tell palpatine what they are even though Tarkin was told to immediately report to him after he got back, which I thought could've possibly sown the seed of what might happen to Ahsoka with Palpatine personally having his eye on her and possibly going after her later one because of this. Some rich material that they have to work with a build off of and they haven't used any of it which I think is a total:oops: moment.

6. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    I mentioned a theory on her fate awhile back which involves Palps true identity being discovered by Ahsoka and that she gets captured, carbon frozen and hidden in his Sith Lair on Coruscant. Now that you mention it, this could be the very reason for her disappearance.

7. Cyclone

Cyclone Jedi Master star 1

Apr 29, 1999
    Hehe, that would save her to make Cameos on any future Star Wars TV series. Brilliant.

That makes more sense than Scotty putting himself in a loop in the transporter system for a hundred years.

8. Hoggsquattle

Feb 7, 2009
    Hello,

What I meant by "tunnels" was simply a static (unchanging) route from one point to another - like said above - a highway, you get on at Point C and cannot leave the highway until Point D - and you can only enter at certain points in space and you go in that one direction.

In the movies though, ships can enter hyperspace wherever they want once outside a planet's gravity well and - although the nav computers make sure that the way you are going is safe based on the data it has - the ship can travel in any "direction" and exit hyperspace wherever the pilot chooses (Otherwise it would be a piece of cake for the Imperials to figure out where the Rebels that jumped are going).

9. Humble_Jedi

Humble_Jedi Jedi Master star 4

Oct 14, 2004
    I thought the Ilos mass relay connected directly to The Citadel? :confused:

10. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    ^lol yeah, whenever I read "the Citadel" my mind jumps straight back to the Serpent Nebula.