main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Memph, TN The Classic Trilogy Campout: Saturday, October 4th

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Qui-Gon Tim, Sep 1, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Qui-Gon Tim

Qui-Gon Tim Memphis, TN FanForce Chapter Rep star 5

Apr 1, 2000
    Only 3 days until the Classic Trilogy Campout!! So mark your calendars if you haven't already!

It will be held on Saturday, October 4th at 2 pm at the home of Sharon and Michael Moore in Fayette County (near the Williston City Limits). (Directions will be emailed one week before to all SMT members.)

Bring your tent and sleeping bag, a slab of meat to throw on the grill for dinner, and most important, your sense of humor! Why? Because if you don't, you'll miss:

The entire Classic Trilogy on the Big Ol' Screen in one night! That's right, from dusk until the wee hours of the morning, we'll be screening our favorite films as they should be- in digital surround sound, and on our 24' x 11' Big ol' Drive-In Screen!

The Star Wars Celebrity Roast: That's right, we'll be roasting one of our favorite Star Wars characters.....literally!

The 1st Annual SMT Bed-Head Contest: Who has the worst hair in the morning? We're gonna find out!

The "Just Like Deliverance, 'cept Different" Laser Tag Game: Grab your gear and shoot at your friends as you tromp throughout gullies and fields in a Laser Tag extravaganza. (You must provide your own guns, and, please, no making anyone squeal like a pig.) Note: The gun we'll be using will be the "Laser Challenge: Disarmed" set by Jakks Pacific, Inc. The set is available at WalMart for $19.96, and includes 2 guns and vests. They also sell a souped-up version for $39.98 that includes fancier guns with a longer range, and vests that have built-in two-way communications for those of you who want to pretend you're stormtroopers or Jango Fett or something. Also, the set I chose will work with any other Jakks Pacific Laser Challenge product.

JEOPARDY! Star Wars Style! Three teams will compete for prizes in the ultimate interactive game of Star Wars Trivia. And we ain't talking about the crappy questions you get from "Star Wars Trivial Pursuit"! Questions will come from everything from the Expanded Universe to the size of Uncle Georgie's flannel shirts!

Our Guest of Honor: All the way from the wilds of London, Wonderpants.

And, of course, there will be games, and much more! (And I'm open to suggestions regarding that much, much more!)

So, pencil Saturday, October 4th on your calendars now, grab your family, friends, or a total stranger who happens to be a Star Wars fanatic, and be there for our biggest event yet.

I look forward to seeing all of you there!

-Tim

---------------------------------------

The list of confirmed attendees so far: (Updated 9/23/03)

Me (of course ;) )
    Traci
    Sal
    Rhonda
    Ben
    Tim
    Grace
    Jay

Those signed up for the Jeopardy game so far: (9 slots left)

Tim
    Grace
    Rhonda
    Sal
    Traci

DON'T FORGET TO RSVP OR SEND YOUR REGRETS. YOUR COOPERATION IS URGENTLY NEEDED TO HELP MAKE THIS EVENT SUCCESSFUL! IF YOU HAVE NOT ALREADY DONE SO, PLEASE CONTACT ME.

2. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    We need to go ahead and start coordinating a food list for the big event.

Everyone will provide their own steaks, chicken, etc, that they want grilled for dinner, as was stated in the above post, as well as the email you all received last month. Also, as usual, the event will be BYOB.

Traci and I will supply the drinks, plates, napkins, and silverware. We will need something to go with the meat, as well as snacks, so please sound off on what you'll be bringing.

3. Dork-Vader

Dork-Vader Star Wars Sketch Card Artist star 4 VIP

May 14, 2003
    I'll be out of town visiting the naughty nurses down in Tampa that weekend, but if you guys need my camping chairs, cooler, or anything else let me know.

Lin

4. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    I hate it that you won't be there, Lin. (Luckily, I have my own nurse, though.)

Tell Nurse Hardbody we said "hi".

"Hellooooooooo, Nurse!" (C'mon....Haven't any of you ever watched Animaniacs?)

5. Dork-Vader

May 14, 2003
    Heh, heh- I'll have to send you the shot Todd and Patrick WON'T put on the Nightmarez site!

Naughty Lin

6. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    Hey! I want to see that shot, too. Is that why there's a photo on the Nightmarez site that won't load?

Counting down, folks! Only 25 more days until the campout. I'm getting excited! Are you getting excited?

And so far, the Jeopardy game is a no-go. Unless the folks who made the software can get it to work on my laptop in the next few weeks, then the game will be cancelled.

7. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    Well, it looks like the Jeopardy game might be back on. Tonight will tell for sure.

Only 22 more days!!

Has anyone else bought guns for the Laser Tag game? Is anyone interested in playing, or should I scrap the idea?

Also, I want to note that, of course, this event is open to our new members as well as our old. I'm also going to be sending reminders weekly via email in hopes that some of our members who've gone AWOL will show up.

Also, we need to plan on side dishes. I was thinking of things that can be prepared in mass quantities, such as corn-on-the-cob and the likes. I've already got the drinks (soda, that is) and dinnerware covered, so I'll be depending on you, my fellow SMTers, to provide the side dishes for the meal.

Also, remember to bring your own munchies such as chips, etc.

And as an added feature, the BREAKFAST WITH THE...ER...AT THE HUT! is back on the schedule, slated for Sunday, October 5th. We'll be dining at "The Hut" restaurant in not-so-scenic Somerville for Sunday breakfast. It's just like Jabba's Palace....except completely different!

8. Aravis_Antilles

Aravis_Antilles Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 20, 2003
    Anyone interested in going half-and-half with me on a set of the laser tag stuff? I'm in, but I don't need two.

Also, would this be a good time for those involved in the all-but-forgotten FANFILM to have a bit of a committee meeting? {By the Way, I AM NOT A COMMITTEE, just to get the annoying quote out of the way.}

{{hums to herself}} guess that's it! CYA there!

Darth Joy, leader of the Evil Cows* Moo-wah-ha-ha-ha.

9. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    Joy: Good idea. We can discuss the fan film idea at the campout. It's one of those things I've been meaning to dredge up again, too.

10. micdavis

micdavis Jedi Master star 4

Mar 10, 2003
    Is this event open to any Fanforce group?

11. Dork-Vader

May 14, 2003
    Well, it looks like I may fly back from FL on Saturday night. While I may be a bit too exausted to do the campout, I should be able to meet ya'll for breakfast. Shoot me directions to the hut and I'll meet you there!

Lin

12. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    Micdavis: Yes, this is an open event, as all of our events are. If anyone from FF wants to attend, then come on down. Email me if you are interested so I can send you a map. This one will be held way out in the sticks, quite literally.

Maps will be emailed out the week of the event.

Lin: If there's any way you can make it Saturday night, we'd be thrilled to see you there. If you can't, though, we'll understand, too, and we'll see you Sunday for breakfast. It probably will end up being more like brunch or lunch instead, though.

13. rhonderoo

rhonderoo Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 7, 2002
    Yay! I'm betting on me to win the bedhead contest.... [face_laugh]

14. Dork-Vader

May 14, 2003
    I just got mine cut short again so I'd probably be outta the running!

If I make it back in town in time I'd love to. Really depends on what kind of lay-over we have in Atlanta.

Oh, speaking of Atlanta- remind me to tell you about my friend Marge's visit to this year's DragonCon- too funny!

Lin

15. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    There's a crown for the winner! And a prize!

16. Smokem_Alien

Smokem_Alien Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 2, 2002
    Anyone got an extra tent I can use? Also any one interested in car pooling?

17. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    I'm working on the tent thing now, myself, Tim. I don't own one, either! I'm trying to see if anyone I know has a larger one that sleeps six or seven. I've even considered being totally evil and buying one from Walmart, then returning it after the campout!

Would I go to hell for that?

18. Smokem_Alien

Aug 2, 2002
    Only if you trapped a squirrel are something in it before you took it back to them. :)

19. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    Hey- Walmart owes me. I've done more than my fair share for the Walton family.

20. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    Everyone watch their email boxes. I'll be sending out an email requesting that everyone who is definitely attending CTC please let me know. I'm trying to gauge exactly what we'll need as far as food and accommodations in order to make things go as smoothly as possible. If there are going to be very few of us in attendance, then things may get scaled back just a bit, especially in regards certain activities.

21. Smokem_Alien

Aug 2, 2002
    Tim I have a new email address that I'm using. It's t-money@thehouse.ws

22. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    So far the list of confirmed attendees is:

Me
    Traci
    Sal
    Rhonda
    Joy
    Ben (Wonderpants)
    Tim
    Grace
    Jay

The list of those who have signed up for the Jeopardy game:

Joy
    Tim
    Grace

(I'll be adding this to the original post as well, in order to keep it better organized.)

Thank you to those of you who have already confirmed. I'll be sending out reminders to all those who have yet to respond on Wednesday.

23. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    UPDATE: So far, I've lined up two large tents and a small one. Which will be fine for the few confirmed attendees we have so far. That does not mean that I don't want more people to show up, though!!! C'mon, Y'all!!!! Don't make me call you! :p

If you plan to attend, but have yet to RSVP, then please do so this week.

24. Star_Blazer_M31

Star_Blazer_M31 Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 21, 2003
    I guess I'll be fine without a tent, as long as I have a crapload of bug repellant and my trusty blankie. :D

And I wouldn't put my money on Rhonda just yet. :p My bedhead can be pretty horrifying.

-Darth Grace*

25. Aravis_Antilles

Aravis_Antilles Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 20, 2003
    On the contrary, my money's on J. I KNOW what he looks like in the morning. Yeek!
    He gives new meaning to the words bedhead. Yowk.

Joy*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.