main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena The Old Title Was Way Too Long: USMNT/MLS Discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by Darth McClain, Apr 25, 2010.

1. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Very nice. I'm hoping to see the Red Bulls when they come to Charleston on April 18th - doubtful they'll bring Cahill or Henry, but still should be fun.

2. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    DMC ... Dayton Dutch Lions in there? That's the NPSL team I'll be following, since they have five Crew players on loan.

3. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    And, the new official airline of MLS is an airline you can't currently fly between MLS cities.

4. Darth McClain

Darth McClain Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2000
    Yes, Dayton's in there.

Full run down:
    • Charleston Battery
    • Rochester Rhinos
    • Harrisburg City Islanders
    • Dayton Dutch Lions
    • Charlotte Eagles
    • LA Galaxy II
    • Orange County Blues
    If they host a US Open Cup match again this summer, I'll go there, too. That was probably my favorite match from last year. We were talked with the opposing keeper for most of the first half. He was a funny guy.

The Hounds announced their MLS-loans from Houston: Anthony Arena, Jason Johnson and Bryan Salazar. Hopefully they'll be able to assist the team.

Yeah, I'm not so sure about the Ethiad Airlines deal.

5. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    I love this game.

What a fantastic game in Seattle.

Justin Meram, I love you.
    Seattle Sounders, I hate you.

And that's three wonderful points on the road for Columbus!

6. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    GAM was NOT offside

7. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Very clear that the US was the better side was last night. I wouldn't put too much stock into the result.

8. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    Also very clear that without Jermaine Jones, teams can out physical us and get in our heads, when the referees allow more physicality

9. darth_gersh

darth_gersh Force Ghost star 7

Feb 18, 2005
    Second half was horrible last night. Still should have been a win.

10. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    Crazy but true - Freddy Adu made his professional debut ten years ago today

11. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
  12. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    I'd prefer they tear up Citi Field instead. :p

However, I'm excited that they'll be in place for 2015. Can't wait to see who is brought on, I think the international interest will be high.

13. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    So, Atlanta is now official. Hope Blank isn't Kraft 2.0

14. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Inty, did you see the William Sherman tweet that Crew fan club sent to Atlanta FC? I'd post, but I'm mobile - I smell a future rivalry.

15. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    Yes. My god that was awesome. Plus, it got the Crew mentioned on ESPN.

I have no problem hating Atlanta, with some bitterness from the 1995 World Series.

I can add them to the pre hate list along with Miami Spice FC.

16. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    Methinks RBNY might have just woken up tonight. Wow. They just took Dynamo to the wood shed

17. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    Via MLS on Twitter

[​IMG]

Edit: and one via Crew Supporters Union

[​IMG]

heels1785 likes this.
  18. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    Am I the only one following the Canadian Championship?

LOL @ Montreal

19. Darth McClain

Darth McClain Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2000
    lol indeed.

So, the Hounds are hosting their US Open Cup match this Wednesday...really wish I could go, but I have a work thing that night. Hope that they beat the Red Bulls U-23 team and host another match this tournament.

DarthIntegral likes this.
  20. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    MLS announcing their new national TV deal. A few big points

1) Consistent scheduling. Set times for national broadcast games from both ESPN and Fox
    2) No more MLS Live or Direct Kick. ESPN will own this portion, with ESPN3 taking all online content.
    3) This package actually pays MLS more annually than NBC pays the Premier League. $90 million to $83 million.

1 excites me, 2 worries me, and 3 is a surprising, but optimistic, sign.

21. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    USA 30-man WC squad, will be cut to 23.

Goalkeepers: Brad Guzan (Aston Villa), Tim Howard (Everton), Nick Rimando (Real Salt Lake)

Defenders: DaMarcus Beasley (Puebla), Matt Besler (Sporting Kansas City), John Brooks (Hertha Berlin), Geoff Cameron (Stoke City), Timmy Chandler (Nürnberg), Brad Evans (Seattle Sounders FC), Omar Gonzalez (LA Galaxy), Clarence Goodson (San Jose Earthquakes), Fabian Johnson (Hoffenheim), Michael Parkhurst (Columbus Crew), DeAndre Yedlin (Seattle Sounders FC)

Midfielders: Kyle Beckerman (Real Salt Lake), Alejandro Bedoya (Nantes), Michael Bradley (Toronto FC), Joe Corona (Club Tijuana), Brad Davis (Houston Dynamo), Mix Diskerud (Rosenborg), Maurice Edu (Philadelphia Union), Julian Green (Bayern Munich), Jermaine Jones (Besiktas), Graham Zusi (Sporting Kansas City)

Forwards: Jozy Altidore (Sunderland), Terrence Boyd (Rapid Vienna), Clint Dempsey (Seattle Sounders FC), Landon Donovan (LA Galaxy), Aron Johannsson (AZ Alkmaar), Chris Wondolowski (San Jose Earthquakes)

22. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    Eddie Johnson the biggest omission.

Third straight time the player who scored the goal to clinch World Cup qualification for the USA will not make the World Cup roster.

23. Slowpokeking

Slowpokeking Jedi Master star 5

Sep 21, 2012
    Why was Eddie Johnson left off?

He played quite well in the WCQ and the Gold Cup.

24. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    He's a locker room cancer, and not currently in form.

mrdarthdan and heels1785 like this.
  25. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    #3 is an upgrade considering MLS was getting $18 million on the deal that's currently running.