main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena The Old Title Was Way Too Long: USMNT/MLS Discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by Darth McClain, Apr 25, 2010.

1. Darth McClain

Darth McClain Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2000
    Speaking of Argentina, they've been fantastic offensively against Korea today. Their defense has been shaky at times, though. As one of the commentators said, they might concede goals, but they'll outscore you.

2. Trika_Kenobi

Trika_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 4, 1999
    Wow... that Nigerian goal was hilarious. lol

3. Darth_Furio

Darth_Furio Chosen One star 8

Apr 17, 2008
    Go Mexico! Boo France.

4. tjace

tjace Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2008
    South Korea got owned. :(

5. Darth_Furio

Darth_Furio Chosen One star 8

Apr 17, 2008
    OLE! Bye Bye France. Love it!

6. Darth McClain

Darth McClain Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2000
    Yep, I'm glad to see that they'll be leaving early after their dubious entry into the World Cup.

7. rechedelphar

rechedelphar Jedi Master star 6

Mar 29, 2004
    I wonder if that affected France mentally becausd they knew they shouldn't have been there.

8. MarcusP2

MarcusP2 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 10, 2004
    WTF @ the Nigerian send off. They looked much better than Greece up till then, now they're pretty much eliminated. What was that guy thinking?

Also LOL @ France.

9. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Germany in trouble late against Serbia

10. Trika_Kenobi

Nov 4, 1999
    I didn't get to catch the game this morning, but after checking out hal's freak-out in the JCC thread, I reckon that it was pretty crazy watching it unfold like it did. lol @ hal.

11. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    I tuned into the game too late to see the stuff happening live, but I did love Hal's posts in the JCC thread.

And now ... US World Cup Soccer has arrived on my radar. Officially. I've purchased snacks and set aside time to watch this game. And I'm excited for it. Optimistically predicting a 2-0 US victory.

And, I downloaded a vuvuzela app for my iPod, so I can really get in on the action now.

12. Trika_Kenobi

Nov 4, 1999
    [face_laugh] WTH, Inty?

And hell yes... USA soccer! I'm so pumped right now I'm 'bout bouncing out of my seat. :)

Oh, and I didn't see the previous match 'cause I was out having breakfast with a friend. I told that friend that I had stuff to do this morning, so I had to leave just after nine. Little does she know that I had to get home to watch the US play. [face_mischief]

13. whateveritis12

whateveritis12 Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 29, 2008
    Bradley's starting Torres beside his son today instead of Clark. Looking forward to seeing how that goes seeing as Torres came on and played extremely well in the lead up matches.

14. Trika_Kenobi

Nov 4, 1999
  15. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005

Just remember, USA all time 0-15-3 when the other team scores the first goal.

[face_worried]

16. whateveritis12

Nov 29, 2008
    Got to stop allowing the early goal.

17. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    oh ... such a good look on that free kick, but not quite.

18. New_York_Jedi

New_York_Jedi Force Ghost star 6

Mar 16, 2002
    Inty, I want you to know when they announced the largest Slovenian community in the USA was in Cleveland, I felt marginally better about the USA's chances. I figured any team that had a large portion of Clevelanders rooting for it had to be setting up for heartbreak.

19. Trika_Kenobi

Nov 4, 1999
    What in the hell is going on, faces? These refs are wacky, and efff... come on, guys, let's score before the half! They're so close! Ugh!

EDIT: Oh no.

20. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    I had a similar thought, NYJ. :p

and ... WTH with that yellow card in Findley?

21. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
  22. Trika_Kenobi

Nov 4, 1999
    OMG. I'm so disgusted right now. Come on, guys... they're frickin' frolicking and dancing all over y'all. [face_plain]

23. s65horsey

s65horsey Otter-loving Former EUC Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 24, 2006
    lol and this is why the US doesn't like soccer. 90 minutes of ridiculousness. :(

24. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    1-30-2 all time when down 2-0 at halftime for the USA.

Not a good omen.

25. whateveritis12

Nov 29, 2008
    This games going to be like the US/Brazil game in the confed cup finals. In fact it's kind of played out like that, the winning side gets a goal kind of early, then gets a second one on a counterattack right before half. It's going to happen, those last 5 minutes after the second goal are not indicative of what they US will do the rest of the game. They panicked, and started doing things that didn't work for them.

God if that Slovenian guy wouldn't have broken up that Donovan equalizer. I'm just going to start looking forward to 2014, which I think was already a better shot for the US than this WC (though I would've liked to see them get to the knockout rounds).

Of course we can always hope for the ol' South African US luck and have Slovenia beat England and the US dominate Algeria for the US to back into the next round like they did last year.