main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena The Old Title Was Way Too Long: USMNT/MLS Discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by Darth McClain, Apr 25, 2010.

1. Darth McClain

Darth McClain Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2000
    Hopefully no one gets injured this year, like David Villa last year. Does Fox Soccer have the tv rights?

2. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    Hmmmm, that sounds like one hell of an interesting concept for a tournament.

3. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    From ESPN's "It's not crazy, it's sports" ...

4. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Next year's AO design looks pretty sick:

[​IMG]

I already can't wait to renew my membership and get this shirt.

Darth McClain likes this.
  5. Darth McClain

Feb 5, 2000
    It's sweet, no doubt about it.

6. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    Smaller story, but ...

Jamaica is in danger of not even making it to 2013 Gold Cup. The 2012 Caribbean Cup is going on right now and Jamaica has one point through two games - a shocking loss in their opener to French Guiana followed by a shocking draw against Martinique has them teetering on the edge of elimination. Final game is on Wednesday against Cuba - should be a fairly easy game to win, but Cuba is a hot-and-cold team, and if hot Cuba shows up, Jamaica could be in trouble. They have to get all three points and hope Martinique get the win over French Guiana.

Would be crazy that a team that qualified for the Hex ... that beat the United States ... can't finish top-four in the Caribbean Cup.

7. Darth McClain

Feb 5, 2000
    That'd be a huge shocker. The Reggae Boyz have some good talent on their squad.

So, s65horsey,are you going to join Inty and me in getting AO membership this year? [face_mischief]

8. s65horsey

s65horsey Otter-loving Former EUC Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 24, 2006
    What do I have to do for that?

9. Darth McClain

Feb 5, 2000
    AO = the American Outlaws. Their site's down right now, but check out the membership page.

10. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    Cuba knock off Jamaica, and put the Raggae Boyz out of Gold Cup. Amazing. Jamaica finishes dead last in the Caribbean Cup. Wow.

11. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    Rafa Marquez has been released by RBNY. That sound you hear is every RBNY fan cheering as they welcome addition through subtraction.

12. Darth McClain

Feb 5, 2000
    What a shocker by Cuba. There has to be some major repercussions on the Jamaican national team.

13. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    What it does is increase the pressure on WCQ next year. If they miss out on Gold Cup, but finish top four in the Hex, I think all will be forgiven. However, coming in 5th or 6th in addition to that dismal showing would be real disaster.

14. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    Portland trying to prove that a design used as a tramp stamp tattoo can also work for a women's soccer club logo:

[​IMG]

Portland, also, apparently trying to get Mix Diskerud for the Timbers.

15. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    Edson Buddle traded to Colorado. Two things I like about this:

1) It gives me someone to boo lustily when I go to Rapids games next season, now that Casey is gone

2) It doesn't improve the Rapids at all. Anyone who watched Buddle play last year must have seen how poor his work rate was.

16. Darth McClain

Feb 5, 2000
    Good thing he didn't get DP money from LA, then. :p

17. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    Classy move by Jozy Altidore today - he put the names of all 26 Newtown victims on his cleats.

18. Darth McClain

Feb 5, 2000
    That was pretty cool on his part. I like Jozy.

19. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    Cool US angle in the EPL tomorrow. US defender Geoff Cameron and Stoke City take on US Attacker Clint Dempsey and Tottenham. For all the "head to head" games, this one actually could feature some of those, with Cameron potentially needing to mark Deuce. Important game for both - Stoke is on a run of form, and Spurs are in top four.

20. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    Jozy's Shoes:

[​IMG]

21. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    Denver and Salt Lake apparently the two finalists for the first home qualifier against Costa Rica. USMNT wants to play Costa Rica at a site that could be cold for advantage, and with trip to Mexico just days later it would make sense to play this game at altitude.

If true ... and it comes to Denver, I just may get to two games this year. HELLZ YEAH

22. Darth McClain

Feb 5, 2000
    Nice...that'd be cool.

23. Darth McClain

Feb 5, 2000
    I just want to smh and laugh at Blatter. He's so far removed from reality.

24. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    Yeah we need to be rid of the Blatter infection.

25. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    Some rumblings that Drogba might end up in MLS during this transfer window. And, likely, to a side other than LA or NY. Early speculation has been on DC or Seattle.