main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Clone Wars - 5.13 - Point of No Return - discussion thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Seerow, Jan 9, 2013.

1. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Not that i'm aware of

2. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    IKR. Does much (if any) of the Admiralty appear?

3. Robimus

Robimus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 6, 2007
    What is this that I'm watching right now? Uhggggg....... The droids have risen.

The buzz droids are more dangerous than every other CIS droid. Blah.

Ah, the astromech mech gets a proper send off.

4. Super_Battle_Droid

Super_Battle_Droid Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2002
    Good, thanks!

5. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Windu does appear in this episode, in the background

6. Super_Battle_Droid

Super_Battle_Droid Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2002
    Question about R2,

How is R2 actually destroyed? Like in pieces or what? Is it Anakin that repairs him?

7. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    That is the most he has done in years.

I must say that I was disapointed in the lack of many Imperial cameos... I loved Tarkin, but he was the only one there that was really worth the cameo. And if R2 survives an entire ship of explosives then Trench can survive a tiny missile. :D

Order66Survivor likes this.
  8. Allana_Rey

Allana_Rey Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    Looking forward to this episode. I actually enjoyed last week's.

9. Mr. Atom Bomb

Mr. Atom Bomb Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 3, 2012
    The only thing I've enjoyed so far was the preview before the episode of what's to come. It seems there are still some surprises that haven't been ruined for me :)

10. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    This was a... very.... uh... boring? episode.

The explosion at the end was well done. At least.

11. Darth Pipes

Darth Pipes Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 12, 1999
    Fun conclusion to the D-Squad storyline. That explosion at the end was really impressive.

InterestingLurker likes this.
  12. Mr. Atom Bomb

Mr. Atom Bomb Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 3, 2012
    The explosion was rather impressive, shame it was wasted on such a pitiful arc (...the same goes for Tarkin's cameo).

Still though-

[​IMG]

Now for the meat of the season. :p

13. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    Me too, actually.

So I just got done washing dishes and turned this on. Wish I hadn't.

This is the first time I'm making this complaint, but could they make Gascon any less likable? I know it's intentional, he's some sort of cartoon foil, but it just didn't work and he ended being four episodes worth of terrible.

The R2 action was terrible. Way to make me hate the idea of R2 flying for the first time. So, every astromech can fly now? R2's "battle" with the STD was terrible, the STD was defeated by a bump. The explosion was massive, way bigger than I expected, that was cool. I guess. Also, bonus points for buzz droids. Minus points for total buzz droid incompetence.

This episode was bad and made me feel bad. This arc is a new low for TCW. 1/10

14. Zer0

Zer0 Jedi Master star 3

Sep 3, 2012
    I feel like nothing really happened this episode, duller then the others.

Epic explosion though.

15. darthcaedus1138

darthcaedus1138 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 13, 2007
    Unfortunately this was one of the worst arcs in this show's history. A real shame, it could've been good.

Epic explosion though.

16. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    This episode was alright, if lacking in sense. I felt like I was watching WALL•E at some points. Those bunny droids should never talk. At least the MSE droid didn't sound like a certain mouse from a certain mega-franchise that now owns this mega-franchise. The explosion was cool, killing R2 was not. I don't care that they fixed him so easily, it was a cop-out. And I wish we saw some of the damage caused by the explosion. the fleet was clearly pelted with debris, and I was amazed no windows shattered on the station.
    I had the exact same thought.

17. Asharak

Asharak Jedi Master star 4

Apr 23, 2003
    Finally this bastard is finished, now we can get to the good stuff. One droid episode was to much, four was a god awfull experience.

18. KED12345

KED12345 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2012
    An 'okay' ending to an abysmal and drawn out droid arc. This was simple not needed.

Greatest explosion in the show though.

Onto the Shadow Conspiracy arc! Incredibly excited for this one.

19. DarthTalgus

DarthTalgus Force Ghost star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    1:30

20. Darth_Cronos

Darth_Cronos Jedi Knight

Nov 7, 2009
    Awesome explosion is the only good thing i can say about this episode but even that was diminished wen R2 survived it idk how but he did
    y they couldnt put a different droid or even better gascon and wak is beyond me......and did anyone notice that the KT droid looks like the pink power ranger?

21. InterestingLurker

InterestingLurker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2011
    Well, that was better than expected. The explosion and action were great. Nice that Tarkin made a cameo.

However, the bunny droid's voice was annoying and the B1 droids were too incompetent. I wondering whether or not I should give this episode a 7 or an 8?

22. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    Middling episode. Its got its moments but there are some problems.

The plot of the Separatist filling a stolen cruiser with explosions and intending to ram a major Republic strategy meeting was cool. I even found some of the goofy slap stick funny. Themes of sentient, choices and living still abound. I like how Gascon continues to be portrayed as a dude out for himself. First only concerned once again about self preservation and escaping until he realizes what's going on and he can gain a promotion from saving the Republic's space station. None the less he has developed a soft spot for the droids and is willing to escape with the captive ones. WAC did alot less this episode which was actually a plus. He took a clever trick out of Rex's playbook. BZ's sacrifice was well done. I liked Artoo in this episode, he was a little badass. Seeing him floating around missing alot of parts was kinda sad. Anakin freaked out.

It just wasn't executed as well as it could have been. I was disappointed as soon as I saw Anakin and Obi-wan since it was immediately clear this was going no where. Tarkin's appearance is just a cameo. Lots of clone cameos as well including Wolffe and Appo. Atleast is seems the bomb did some damage with all those clones getting flung down the stairs. Surely there were some broken necks. Battle droid humor made a season 1 level return this episode. Somehow I was disappointed there were no living crew members left aboard, just droids looking to make an escape. Who was your master Bunny? Did I see a Yularen holo walking around? And the encryption module wasn't mentioned once in this episode. I'm guessing we'll never hear what was important about it. Gascon and WAC should have been the sacrifices disarming the bomb or atleast one of the other astromechs if there was no one else who could pilot.

Best scene: The buzz droids.
    Funniest scene: When WAC was bragging about being a pilot and it seemed like Artoo told him to shut the hell up.

Not really, KT never once brought any of the pink rangers to mind for me. WAC does seem to homage Alpha 5 at times, particularly with his voice.

rumblewagon likes this.
  23. CT-867-5309

Jan 5, 2011
    lol at the encryption module going nowhere, what a terrible macguffin. You could blink the encryption module out of existence and the arc would hardly change.

24. SithLord_1270

SithLord_1270 Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 5, 2008
    Are we done w the droids now? I don't mind 1 or 2 episodes but this story arc was too damn long! And, I'm sorry, but I don't see how it furthered the Clone Wars story. Like the Padawan arc it just seemed like a filler arc. Though I will admit it had its moment, that in the last episode w Gregor. Damn, wish he had made it.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  25. CT-867-5309

Jan 5, 2011
    I think George came up with this arc during a 2 AM drunk call to Filoni.

Filoni: Hello?
    Lucas: Hey, whater you...whater you doin?
    Filoni: Nothing George, I was wide awake.
    Lucas: Yeah I was just hanging out with R2......what are you doing?
    Filoni: Nothing George, I was just working on the show.
    R2: Beep boop.
    Lucas: Alright, I'll ask him. Hey Dave, R2 wanted me to ask you to make an arc for him.
    Filoni: Sure George, what's it about?
    Lucas: Alright -
    R2: Dwoo deet! Dwoo doo doo deet do!
    Lucas: Alright! Alright! I'm telling him! So R2 wants to hang out with Woody Allen. Put them together, it'll be hilarious.
    Filoni: Alright. What's the plot?
    Lucas: I don't know.....they're after a MacGuffin or something. I don't know, just put them together.
    R2: Dwoo dwoo doo doo deet doot!
    Lucas: And R2 wants a girlfriend. He's tired of hanging out with 3PO.
    Filoni: And you want me to make an arc out of this?
    Lucas: Yeah, like three or four episodes. Whatever.
    Filoni: Okay...
    Lucas: The second episode is about a Void, it'll be like art.
    Filoni: But what about the MacGuffin?
    Lucas: What MacGuffin?
    Filoni: ....
    Lucas: So there's this Void, and they're lost in it, cuz it's a Void. And they can't find their way out, cuz it's a Void, and Woody Allen is hilarious. But it's a Void, though.
    Filoni: Alright, I got that part...
    Lucas: Oh yea, I just remembered, my kids loved Republic Commando, could you make one of the episodes about that?
    Filoni: Sure George.
    R2: Doo deet deet deet do do doo deet do!
    Lucas: Oh, and R2 wants to kick ass. He wants to fly around and beat people up, he says he doesn't get to fly and beat people up enough.
    Filoni: No problem George, the kids will love that.
    Lucas: Yeah, and throw in Anakin, Obi-Wan and Tarkin, the OT fans will love it.
    Filoni: Sigh...