main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Clone Wars - 5.13 - Point of No Return - discussion thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Seerow, Jan 9, 2013.

1. Order66Survivor

Order66Survivor Jedi Master star 1

Nov 10, 2012
    Best and only

2. Narutakikun

Narutakikun Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 8, 2012
    Yeah, you would think that the tech would be pretty good in an army whose equipment was built by, y'know, the Techno Union...

Or maybe the Techno Union is just a bunch of guys who go to warehouses and listen to loud electronic dance music.

Yeah, maybe their STDs have STDs. Being weakened by a venereal disease is about the only excuse I can come up with for being that sloppy.

Order66Survivor likes this.
  3. Zabrak 2

Zabrak 2 Jedi Padawan star 2

Sep 7, 2012
    WAC Should of replaced bz's death.

4. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    or went with him

5. Super_Battle_Droid

Super_Battle_Droid Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2002
    Bz died? Isn't he just floating around in space waiting for a recharge?

6. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    I'm sticking with WAC and Gascon should have been the ones who sacrificed themselves disarming the detonator and getting blown up. Don't have a problem with BZ going out the airlock. He barely developed, basically just Gascon's go-cart. Then Artoo could have delivered the encryption module although that probably wouldn't have made Artoo much of a hero in this arc with the blue title where he pretty much got pushed out of the limelight. He would have had a contribution I suppose alot of us would just be overlooking. I bet we could have alot of fun with a thread on how to fix this arc like the Onderon one.

He'll be 'alive' until he runs out of juice me thinks. He may still live on since his memory banks were removed, perhaps some backup sits somewhere that can be restored to a new body. The droid's lacking fear of death was Void's big thing.

7. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    Hyperspace hasn't been clearly and consistently defined, but it's possible BZ is forever stuck in hyperspace.

8. Super_Battle_Droid

May 8, 2002
    So when another ship takes that hyperspace lane it will hit BZ?

9. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    Explosion: awesome.

Why was Anakin there? He's not on the Council. Shoehorned in.

They needed to leave out the Obi-Wan, Anakin, Tarkin "cameos" altogether *OR* USE some of the Council, conference members, et al inside the space station.

rumblewagon likes this.
  10. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    The best parts of this episode:
    - Seeing Carida on screen
    - The explosion
    The rest was just 19 minutes of mediocrity.
    Also, I think that the rest of the Council should've been present, not just Obi-Wan, Anakin and Mace. The appearance of some of the familiar clone commanders was nice, though.
    Edit: Valairy Scot is right - Anakin isn't even part of the Council at this point. Where were other Knights? :rolleyes:

11. Robimus

Robimus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 6, 2007
    I'm surprised Adi wasn't there.

12. Super_Battle_Droid

May 8, 2002
    She's in a bacta tank at the moment.

13. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    [​IMG]
    'Tis but a scratch.

14. Zer0

Zer0 Jedi Master star 3

Sep 3, 2012
    One thing that would've made this episode is a chuck of the exploding ship crashing through the glass Anakin was standing by, and putting him into a coma.

No more being shoehorned in for little orphan Ani.

15. Narutakikun

Narutakikun Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 8, 2012
    This looks shopped.

16. Darth_Kiryan

Darth_Kiryan Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2009

THAT.....

.....was the most fantastic explosion i have EVER seen in star wars.....

......EVER!

17. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    THIS.
    20130112_205711-1.jpg

20130112_205648-1.jpg

18. Orrelios

Orrelios Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 21, 2005
    This episode was not as good as the previous one, but I still enjoyed it. Nice plot with the Separatists having taken over that cruiser and loaded it with Raydonium in an attempt at crashing it into an Republic conference and D-Squad finding themselves inside the cruiser on the way to it's fate. I liked the concept of the holographic human crew the Separatist droids used as a cover and there were some battle droid humor but it wasn't that silly and didn't bother me (one of them attempting to carry the bomb on it's back was in a way pretty funny). I really liked the buzz droid scenes, especially the last one with the group with D-Squad and the cruiser's Republic droid crew being circled by them and BZ sacrificing himself by opening the hatch and getting him and all the buzz droids sucked out into hyperspace (I do have to wonder what happens to them afterwards; do they get stuck in hyperspace now or what?).

I liked that Gascon more or less saw the error of his ways and more or less changed after seeing BZ sacrificing himself for the team and their mission & R2 staying behind and reprogramming the bomb to explode early, resulting in a huge explosion which tears the cruiser apart was a nice climax (loved that explosion and the after-effects with the station being pelted with debris); it was pretty sad seeing what was left of R2 floating around in space afterwards, but it all ended well with him being repaired and Gascon announcing his new view of his team which he ultimately was proud of and seemingly started to respect (and nice end joke with him hearing that he now will be seeing them around a lot and not being able to keep a straight face, breaking down sobbing). Overall, not a great episode but a pretty good finale to the Droid arc; it had some good bits but other than the buzz droids and the colorful explosion, there was nothing really remarkable about it and it had some flaws, but it was still a rather entertaining episode.

Now when this arc is over, we move on to the real meat of the season.

19. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    With an explosion that big, there probably shouldn't have been anything significant left of R2 to find. What's that shell made of? Invincisteel?

20. Darth_Zandalor

Darth_Zandalor Jedi Master star 4

Aug 2, 2009
    Plot armor.

21. Freelancer257

Freelancer257 Jedi Grand Master star 2

Sep 20, 2004
    I enjoyed the climax of the episode and the battle with the buzz droids. Setting a circle of them on fire was maybe a tribute to the scenes in the Well of the Souls in Raiders. I think the scene where Anakin sees the repaired R2 mirrors the scene in ANH, where Luke is concerned about R2 after the Battle of Yavin.

A couple of plot points stretched credibility - why do the Jedi Council and Republic military leaders all have to gather in person? There have been plenty of examples of conferences by hologram in previous episodes. They might as well have painted a big sign saying "Target" on the space station. There also seemed to be very limited defences and starfighter patrols for such an important event.

R2 also managed to survive one of the biggest explosions presented in the series so far. Perhaps there was a lead-lined fridge nearby?

22. Senator Kelberry

Senator Kelberry Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 22, 2010
    So, this episode had it's good points and it's bad points.

I can tell we can all pretty much come together and agree the explosion at the end was awesome. for a show like this is was amazing and done very well. All the different colors and debris flying everywhere. It's like art. of course the man himself, George Lucas, once famously said "A special effect without a story is a pretty boring thing." So how was the story?

Well, I think the episode did a good job of reminding us that droids, for all their usefulness and functionality, and near sentience, are still basically regarded as little more than your average household kitchen appliances by the majority of society, what with all the ones being left on that cruiser to fend for themselves. Also found BZ's sacrifice interesting. of course a few episodes ago, we had the discussion that droids likely have a very casual attitude towards death because they can be repaired and revived much more easily than a biological lifeform can. Still, obviously there are a few situations where there's just no coming back. What happened to BZ, of course, a mystery, and it's doubtful he'll ever be recovered.

I was mildly surprised they had R2 be the one to get blown up. Then again, the visual of his broken, busted body, and then subsequent rebuilding, does re-enforce that concept of droids being vastly sturdier than biologicals. I occasionally wonder if perhaps one of the reasons they're treated so badly is because biologicals may, deep down, without even knowing it, resent them for their longevity.

I thought it was kind of funny when we got to see and hear Anakin and Obi-wan again. For these last four episodes of hearing (side characters not withstanding) almost nothing but WAC and Gascon arguing and/or talking with each other, I had genuinely not realized how much I missed hearing a familiar voice from one of the mains. Somewhere deep inside as soon as I heard them speak I was like "YES!! Finally something familiar and recognizable!!"

So I guess, overall, I'm going to have to retire this arc to the lower rankings of my favorite arcs. Believe it or not I think there were worse ones, though that is a discussion for another thread. I did genuinely like the void episode for it's philosophical discussions, but over the length of four episodes there just wasn't enough meat here to make me come back to it very often.

23. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    This is an odd example of an episode with lots of great little points (explosion, Tarkin, Carida, buzz droids), but fell flat because of it's main protagonists.

At least R2 actually did something this episode, since he decided to sit his homage arc out the last three.

24. Orrelios

Orrelios Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 21, 2005
    That was one of the more flawed parts of the episode. At first when R2 stayed behind and rearranged the bomb so that it would detonate prematurely, I figured he would time it right so that he would escape the cruiser with his jets in time, but then it blew up with him inside. Logically he should have gotten destroyed more than that, but yeah, it was probably that plot armor that kept him somewhat intact.

25. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    That explosion is so beautiful, its like a nebula. o.o;

Its better than Onderon, IMO. =b

rumblewagon and Senator Kelberry like this.