main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Clone Wars - 5.14 - Eminence - discussion thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Seerow, Jan 16, 2013.

1. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Imagine Dooku and Anakin teaming up to face Maul

2. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    1 Hellhammer 1

I hear that.

Man, things are going to get hot from now on. Finally, the writers are making things interesting again.

3. Saga_Symphony

Saga_Symphony Force Ghost star 4

Oct 30, 2010
    Nice to have an episode that's not filler. I like how Maul continues to act like such an overlord to everyone.

4. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    The implication is that Dooku is stronger than Maul, or else Sidious would not have replaced him. And Obi-Wan who can go toe to toe with Savage and Maul still gets owned by Dooku.

I find that team up highly unlikely as a Maul, Anakin vs. Dooku team up would be more practical (yet just as unlikely IMO).

I think it's fair to say he's compensating for something.

5. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    I'm just going to blindly accept that Maul's digestive system was not in any way damaged by his bisection seeing as he's able to drink that cup of tea. It's not worth asking whether the writer considered that. Zabraks clearly have their entire digestive tract stored in their ribcage, the abdomen consists of nothing but flesh. Their anuses are on the back of their necks. Oh, and his voice is deep so Zabrak testes must also be located somewhere above that line.

6. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    I quite agree, but it would be interesting though

7. Coric

Coric Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 19, 2011
  8. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

Feb 25, 2011
    I'm on my second viewing, in HD this time, so this is when I start to notice all the plot holes and silly oversights. First impressions for me are always "This was good/bad/meh", in order to provide a proper review I need to do multiple viewings.

9. TaradosGon

Feb 28, 2003
    Zabrak have an incomplete digestive tract, like flatworms. One opening.

Seerow and ImNotAStarWarsFanboy like this.
  10. Slowpokeking

Slowpokeking Jedi Master star 5

Sep 21, 2012
    It's possible for Dooku and Anakin to team up since they hate Maul for the same reason.

BTW Dooku+Saruman combo rocks!:D

11. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    yea, put their differences aside for that fight, that would work

12. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

Feb 25, 2011
    Hate to burst your bubbles, but they don't.

Source: I read Shadow Conspiracy

13. Mr. Atom Bomb

Mr. Atom Bomb Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 3, 2012
    Ehh... wouldn't his vocal chords (and therefore the depth of his voice) already have been fully developed at the time of his bisection and therefore remain unchanged by the lack of testes? :p

Either way I laughed. ;)

14. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

Feb 25, 2011
    Well I'm a believer of Aristotle's theory on the testes, which is that they act as a weight that stretch the vocal chords.

CT-867-5309 likes this.
  15. Lord Optimus

Lord Optimus Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 30, 2011
    Finally an episode I will watch more than once, wonder if we will see Prince Xizor now that we have the Black Sun.

16. Levo

Levo Jedi Youngling

Dec 23, 2012
    I don't really think Obi can match Maul and Savage, Maul had the advantage in their first reduel, and in the second Obi was lucky that he somehow managed to take off Savage's arm.
    And Dooku owns Obi but Obi matched Anakin etc etc.
    I would really love a Dooku Maul duel though, just to finally settle the infinite debates I've seen.

17. Zabrak 2

Zabrak 2 Jedi Padawan star 2

Sep 7, 2012
    Kill Sugi she is now useless Dengar and Latts kinda replaced her but I would keep Embo for a little longer.

18. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    I bet on Dooku, he's better on Force technique and the hate would make him more powerful.

19. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    i know they don't, if ur refering to Anakin, Dooku vs Maul

20. Asharak

Asharak Jedi Master star 4

Apr 23, 2003
    Surprised some consider this filler, I really disagree. At the beginning of the episode Maul has nothing, at the end of it he is the third most powerful being in the galaxy. That’s a pretty big change of the status quo.
    Made sense to me that the different criminal groups eventually joined with Maul, everybody that didn’t were slaughtered, who wouldn’t want to avoid that fate.

+ Every talking scene between Maul and Vizsla was great.

+ Loved when Maul was choking Bo-Katan while delivering his speech.

+ Finally, after 4 seasons of waiting, we got big action scenes with Mandalorians fighting. It was about time, and really cool to see.

+ So the only thing you can tell me is that Jabba is at Jabbas palace? So funny.

+First episode since Revival that I thought was a genuine Star Wars experience.

10/10

21. TaradosGon

Feb 28, 2003
    I don't think Dooku losing to Anakin is entirely irreconcilable with the idea that Obi-Wan beat Anakin but lost to Dooku.

But even ignoring the duels, Palpatine still wants the strongest apprentice he can get. That he's willing to presumably kill Maul rather than to test Maul against Dooku makes me think that he knows that Maul's usefulness has come and gone. Looking at Dooku for instance, he is angry that Sidious orders him to kill Asajj, yet after replacing Asajj with Savage, he suddenly doesn't care about Asajj anymore and wants her dead himself when she pops back up. I think Savage held greater potential in Dooku's eyes, and thus he was ready to cast aside Asajj as no longer being useful (when it was the order to cast Asajj aside that started the whole thing in the first place).

Having said that, I don't know how the confrontation on Mandalore is going to end, so Sidious may very well let Maul prove himself and get involved in a triangle with Anakin and Dooku to prove which would make the best apprentice. But then again Sidious may end up just killing him outright.

Personally I think Maul will survive and go running back to Talzin (otherwise Talzin helping Savage and restoring Maul just serves no purpose).

But I don't know.

pronker likes this.
  22. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    Or a lack of something as others have pointed out.

23. Levo

Levo Jedi Youngling

Dec 23, 2012
    I think the only reason Palpatine won't test Maul against Dooku is that his plan is already set in motion, which happens in ROTS. If he replaced Dooku with Maul the CIS would weaken, it's already perfectly established there's no need to upset the balance. As his end game is Vader, Tyrannus or Maul is irrelevant Sith wise, they won't be around long, so there's no need to risk anything.
    If he does end up setting up some duel between the two though I'll look like a total fool.

24. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    He meant the CIS to be weak and be defeated.

Having himself showing up to fight the brothers would be a big risk because it could expose himself, his plan would be totally ruined if either side knew his double identity, and
    the Jedi might be able to sense him through the Force when he was fighting. Let him do the job by himself is just dumb.

25. cwustudent

cwustudent Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2011
    Like him or hate him, Maul has shaken up the GFFA and LACWAC. This place is alive again.

Edit: I can't wait to see this on Blu-ray!