main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Clone Wars - 5.14 - Eminence - discussion thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Seerow, Jan 16, 2013.

1. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    He's like some fish or a crocodile. He has paternal instincts, but after a certain point those instincts wear off. And if Rotta is still around and Jabba is out of Klatooine paddy frogs... then all bets are off.

Order66Survivor and Seerow like this.
  2. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    This was done good, but I still prefer the Young Jedi and Droids arc. TCW got more creative and relied less on fan service.

InterestingLurker likes this.
  3. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    That.... is a good question. The Death Watch from the EU (the comic book series Open Seasons particularly) had very little honor, which was what differentiated it from all the other Mando groups.

Heck, from Wookieepedia:

And Tor wasn't a whole lot different from Pre.

Order66Survivor and Seerow like this.
  4. Senator Kelberry

Senator Kelberry Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 22, 2010
    Interesting beginning (or Part 2 depending how you personally choose to look at it). Good build up I think, establishing all the players in this particular play and getting all the important ones together. Considering how little every faction distrusts every other faction in this army of theirs it could make for some interesting story development as things go forward.

My EU experience being limited as I may have mentioned, this was my first look at Black Sun. Interesting group. They seem kinda like push-overs though. I know they're more badass in the EU, or so I've heard, but they seemed to fold a little too quickly here.

It was good seeing all our favorite bounty hunters again. Their battle with the Sith and Deathwatch made for a very tense moment for me because I was really hoping none of them would get killed, but I was worried at least one would, especially Sugi at one point, and I really didn't want to lose any of them. Thankfully they made their escape and live to fight another day. I do like that the point was made as cool as these bounty hunters are they really are no match for the Sith. Poor Embo needs a new hat now, though. Maybe Cad Bane can set him up. He's mad about hats.

Anyway, overall a good experience, exponentially better than the droid arc. Looking forward to the continuation.

5. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    I'd be interested to see if Cad Bane shows up in the next arc. We can't have a season without him, he's been in every one up to this point.

6. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Wellllllllllllllllllllllll.......

[​IMG]

(no seriously, Black Sun actually is badass. Most of the time. Well, some of the time.)

7. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    I disagree about the Jabba part. The Sith are finally shown as a legitimate threat for once, and if you have everybody and their mother beating them every time it only makes the Sith look like wimps that would never conquer a planet let alone a galaxy.

8. rumsmuggler

rumsmuggler Chosen One star 7

Aug 31, 2000
    Hutts actually care about their offspring when they are young. When they are big enough to take care of themselves, all bets are off.

Also this is the second time Maul put a hurting on Black Sun if they count Shadow Hunter as valid.

Seerow likes this.
  9. Orrelios

Orrelios Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 21, 2005
    The lack of discussion about Bo-Katan in this thread is most displeasing.

Did anyone else think the same as me at the end scene where she has that look on her face after Vizsla tells her about his plan to kill the Maul bros; it definitely felt like she was thinking that he underestimates them (I think she got the point after getting force choked by Maul so maybe it's Vizsla's loss that he didn't get to experience that as well?).

10. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    Maybe its just compared to Maul that Deathwatch has honor? Maybe because Vizsla wouldn't have recruited underworld criminals on his own. Maybe honor should be changed to pride or something?

Bo was the one who had enough sense to think teaming up with Maul was a bad idea. Its the chokey for you! She's probably restraining herself with everything in here from saying. - "I told you so!" to Vizsla. She is certainly coming off was one of the smarter Deathwatch recruits.

11. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    Exactly.

I like how Maul went in there and gave Jabba no choice but to join them...

if the Hutt did anything stupid, Death Watch was there to level the palace and kill everyone.

12. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Seems like Maul has brighter eyes

13. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    at least Maul is actually a villain that is used well unlike some cyborg :p

Seerow likes this.
  14. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    LOL. Its kinda funny watching the Gamorrean guards amble up so slowly to Maul and he just cuts them up without looking at them.

Order66Survivor likes this.
  15. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    To me, it's not really that they're badass, though that might be a part of it, it's that they're everywhere. Black Sun is a galactic mafia family with few competitors and they have their hands in everything. Spice, gambling, prostitution, bounty hunting, assassination, theft, information, slavery, politics, legitimate business, etc. You name it, they're in it.

16. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    Seerow
    That's what makes it an EPIC entrance... Sith don't bat an eyelash at distractions.;)

And where was Teemo when the Hutt Council needed him?:p
    Teemo1.JPG

17. Zabrak 2

Zabrak 2 Jedi Padawan star 2

Sep 7, 2012
    K thanks.

18. Allana_Rey

Allana_Rey Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    One of the Season's best, loved it! Funny because in my head I was wondering "Will Jabba the Hutt ever have his own arc?" and he happens to be in this episode (and seemingly in the rest of the whole arc!.) Looking forward to the rest of this arc.

19. cwustudent

cwustudent Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2011
    Maul > Grievous

20. Jabba_The_Hutt_123

Jabba_The_Hutt_123 Jedi Master star 3

Oct 29, 2003
    I don't see Maul fleeing the bridge in ROTS by breaking the glass, laughing and then firing the escape pods.
    Grievous is amazing.

Order66Survivor and JackG like this.
  21. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I've disliked Jabba the Hutt ever since he made his first overhyped appearance in 1983, so I hope he doesn't get his own arc. His appearance in this one worked well; I thought the threats and the Hutt Council reaction were funny, but I hope there's not a series of four extremely Hutt-centric episodes.

I might make an exception if there's an episode with Anakin choking Gardulla though.

22. Seanthings

Seanthings Jedi Padawan

Feb 8, 2012
    Order66Survivor and rumblewagon like this.
  23. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    What's that female Mandalorian's name again?

24. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Bo Katan. (I had forgotten as well. [face_blush] )

Order66Survivor and V-2 like this.
  25. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    agreed

Sitara likes this.