main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Clone Wars - 5.14 - Eminence - discussion thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Seerow, Jan 16, 2013.

1. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    Here.

2. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Lol wut? I did not notice that at all. Though, I did notice Savage's lion roar. Frankly, I thought a lot was... off about Bo Katan. IDK, I need to rewatch her parts and try to pin it down.

Esg likes this.
  3. Jabba_The_Hutt_123

Jabba_The_Hutt_123 Jedi Master star 3

Oct 29, 2003
    Her face was very annoying

Fish On The Sand likes this.
  4. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    .....................the heck?[face_laugh]

5. Darth Ibonek

Darth Ibonek Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 11, 2013
    I HEARD IT!!! hahaha it's so faint though

Bo-Katan likes this.
  6. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    Looking at the Eminence concept art, the date is 5/2011, so it took them 1.5 years from concept/design phase to airing 1/2013. I would guess the writer's meetings are a few months prior, so end-to-end is somewhere in the 2 years range.

If he's talking generically about a "future" episode it could be anywhere in that 2 year range i guess. There is a quote in that article about dealing with Rex, Order 66 and the Clones and he mentions the resolution of that being "a ways off" so I would guess that means at the high end of the 2 year range. And there are also probably instances where they push a story point out further if they want it to be closer to when the show finally ends. This Dooku thing doesn't need to be that close to the end of TCW, so I'm guessing its somewhere in Season 6 which will be 1.5-2 years from that article.

7. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Nice! Your calculations give me hope that there is something good, something separatist down the line...

8. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    Alright, I've had time to mull over all that's been said, and here's my review.

I love this episode.

I acknowledge all the criticisms, they're all valid. But I don't care. I've stopped pretending to be more sophisticated than I am. I didn't get into Star Wars because I was thrilled by the grand designs of Emperor Palpatine. It was because I like sci-fi shootouts, spaceship dogfights and laser sword battles. Eminence delivers this in spades. It's cool as hell. I recognize it's not perfect, there are many flaws even I identified. But they don't diminish from the 'fun' factor. I will be rewatching Eminence all week, and when this arc concludes, I'll be playing them all in order.

To all those who loved this episode, good on you. To all that were disappointed, the same. Just don't feel like you have to pretend that you're not entertained by Mandalorians flying around shooting Palace Guards and Maul and Savage cutting down Gamorreans. This episode captures the essence of classic Star Wars. For once The Clone Wars managed to not suck. I suggest we celebrate.

9. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    You don't need hope, Dan. In time, you will learn to control your Tikkes. Then you will be invincible.

10. Darth Ibonek

Jan 11, 2013
    ImNotAStarWarsFanboy i agree with you, brother brother brother brother brother brother brother brother brother brother brother brother

11. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Nice one! ;) :p [face_laugh]

Order66Survivor, Watto and KED12345 like this.
  12. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

Feb 25, 2011
    Damn, it didn't work.

13. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

Feb 25, 2011
    This took way too damn long. And it didn't even work! Good thing I printscreened.

[​IMG]

14. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
  15. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    nice lol

16. V-2

V-2 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 10, 2012
    I thought bringing Maul back was a bit far fetched, I especially disliked the idea of not using Peter Serafinowicz, but I have to admit the whole Nightsisters/Ventress/Opress/Maul arc has been the highlight of seasons 4 and 5.

Lovely squee moment with the Black Sun! Was the surviving green dude supposed to be Xixor? Maybe?

rumblewagon likes this.
  17. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Pictures or it didn't happ----[face_hypnotized]

I'm assuming Xizor was chilling on Falleen at this time?[face_dunno] At any rate, I wouldn't be surprised if the EU ends up pitting Xizor and Maul against each other at some point.

Order66Survivor, V-2 and Seerow like this.
  18. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    Ascii art really doesn't work on Xenforo. I once tried to throw a refrigerator at someone when he was teasing me and Xenforo smashed it so the best I could do was a coffee mug. <<;

19. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    Death Watch dropping out into Tatooine's sky and dropping in to kick some ass is just fantastic....
    I'm in Traviss-free, Mando fan land right now and its pretty kriffing sweet. Rewind.

20. Darth Ibonek

Jan 11, 2013
    nope, looks like it was Ziton Moj

Bo-Katan and V-2 like this.
  21. swcolts1277

swcolts1277 Jedi Master star 2

Jan 5, 2013
    That's very interesting,

22. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
  23. EECHUUTA

EECHUUTA Jedi Master star 4

Mar 19, 2007
    I take your BROTHER and raise you a

Sister.

All bets on you. ;)

24. Order66Survivor

Order66Survivor Jedi Master star 1

Nov 10, 2012

so he thinks the loyal fans who have stuck out the kiddie arcs, snoozing and infuriating episodes, don't know that Dooku was once a Jedi Master?

Esg likes this.
  25. Darth Trevius

Darth Trevius Jedi Master star 1

Nov 15, 2012
    I really enjoyed this episode. There were no totally annoying characters for the Disney kids. Jabba looked cool. There was the hint of Boba and Jango with the Mandalorians. There was a hint of Darth Vader in Maul. It was cool to see the Gamorian guards and Jabbas palace. It was like a mish mash of OT PT and the new Trilogy. I wonder if Maul will return in Ep 7. My complaints are minor. The Gamorian guards seemed a bit too stupid and drunk. They could have been more Boar like in there attack abilities instead of acting like they were completely worthless against any opponent no matter how weak. The accent on the translater droid was awful. I thought Maul looked too small and weak in stature, especially with his new shorter legs. This is what all the episodes should be like tho. I really don't enjoy a lot of the new horrible characters. But this had a really nice mix of new and familiar. A winning combo, unlike the droids arc.

DavidIX and SithStarSlayer like this.